• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

bet you have never seen this one,

1 hour ago, guruofhotrod said:

There IS another option.... I ran into this problem earlier this year and couldn't find anyone with the Armalite catch in stock - spent days searching the inter web and struck out!  Then, one day I was browsing around KAK's website looking for the 18" 5.56 SPR Barrel that Ares used to sell and there was this:

https://www.kakindustry.com/lr-308-parts/308-lower-parts/308-lpk-parts/special-extended-mag-release-arm

I figured "what the hell" and bought a couple - sure enough, they fit the Aero 308 lowers like they were made for em and the price isn't bad either - your welcome!:thumbup:

Thanks buddy. That's the kind of help I needed. Much appreciated.

Problem solved and ordered.

2 hours ago, xxlfitness@yahoo.com said:

Im using an Aero lower. Last time I looked, It didn't say Armalite on it.

I also ordered and have on hand several Ar-10 LPK's and NONE of the mag catch parts work in this lower. I am NOT attempting to use AR-15 LPK's as you have asserted.

1 hour ago, xxlfitness@yahoo.com said:

I am building and AR platform weapon system chambered for 308/7.62.

I am using an Aero Precision Lower. IF this lower brand, somehow qualifies this weapon as being an Armalite style/AR-10, then fantastic. You guys can call it whatever you want and Im fine with that. I'm just trying to find a mag release that works.

Funny.  I've built 4 of these Aero Precision M5 lower receivers now for myself, and several others for friends.  I only use standard AR15 mag releases.  Nothing special, nothing longer, nothing fancy.

They. Have. All. Worked.  All of them.  Like a champ.

I'm thinking that you have a serious fundamental misunderstanding about the installation of this part. The regular old AR15 part installs into these lowers VERY easily. And it works.

7 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

I got a handful of standard buttons from mostly DPMS parts kits, some AR15, some 308 and 8 of them measure out at right around .300" while 6 of them are around .315" not sure what is what since for the most part we don't get to use em here - maybe someday if I get outta this state I'll get to enjoy em:banana:

How do you have something like that laying around , they always seem to turn into complete rifles for me . :lmao:

Man, you just gotta rub it in huh - perfectly good parts come in the parts kit but no, we gotta spend extra $ on some whiz bang device designed to slow down the reloading process and make the firearm less safe to operate in the process - what a load of crap!!

Welcome to Commiefornia (I mean California) Brother!! Apparently the state government doesn't feel us residents here can be trusted with the same items the rest of the country gets to enjoy! I just hope to god that mindset isn't allowed to spread to the rest of this great country! I keep em stashed away with the hopes I'll be able to re-locate someday and put them to good use.

58 minutes ago, guruofhotrod said:

Man, you just gotta rub it in huh - perfectly good parts come in the parts kit but no, we gotta spend extra $ on some whiz bang device designed to slow down the reloading process and make the firearm less safe to operate in the process - what a load of crap!!

Welcome to Commiefornia (I mean California) Brother!! Apparently the state government doesn't feel us residents here can be trusted with the same items the rest of the country gets to enjoy! I just hope to god that mindset isn't allowed to spread to the rest of this great country! I keep em stashed away with the hopes I'll be able to re-locate someday and put them to good use.

Don't feel too bad the PRNY is just as bad.