• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
shepp

Ice fishing

Found a guide in Racine area that seemed pretty good and a nice guy, went over with him today and caught some really nice fish!  Mostly Browns, two steal head.

5A158F46-2357-4920-935A-D9607DCB8DE8.jpeg

A5D7BB21-1E2C-4F4E-9C97-82628223F84A.jpeg

30E63361-DC02-4A4A-8C6D-5BC92DABAAB7.jpeg

F1C3554C-1321-4E1C-B354-F642DDA24842.jpeg

4697CBDB-3201-41E8-97FD-92318A698DE0.jpeg

3C48CB2F-3673-492C-9962-8F87D092E8F6.jpeg

BROTHER!!!   I saw that first pic!!!  Only thing that went through my mind was, "Shepp shaved, and lost ALOT of weight!!!"  I was thinking "WTF happened, does my brother have a disease or something?!!? "

Then I scrolled down one more pic and saw you...   :laffs::lmao::bitchslap:

17 hours ago, sketch said:

how long did it take to bag all that?

We fished 6 or so hours, caught 8 or so fish lost 3-4 more and had 4-5 more set off the autos with no hook up. All caught on 36” rods with 10# mono and 8# Floro leaders 

Did you volunteer to be the guy sticking his hands in the water all the time or lose a bet?:laffs: Looks like a great time on the ice for sure!

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Did you volunteer to be the guy sticking his hands in the water all the time or lose a bet?:laffs: Looks like a great time on the ice for sure!

That was the guide, kyle. I was behind the camera in all but the second clip was the fish I reeled in. 

Im big but not as big as Kyle, he’s got a good 3-4” and 50-75# on me. This is somthing my friend matt and I have tried in the past but not have done really good. I found kyle this summer on IG and started following him. His rates were very reasonable, I would totally go with him again. He does summer charters too bigboyfishing on Instagram and Facebook

Now after looking closer I can see, saw the beard and assumed it was you.

so what does a day like that on the ice cost? I might actually go ice fishing if I don't have to do the work :cool:

We had a group of three so it was 125$ ea for 6-7 hours

i think 2 people was 150 or 175 ea 

and a single was 200 

he supplies everything all you need is a wi fishing license and Great Lakes stamp

That is pretty reasonable for a whole day like that. No gear to pack sounds great. What's the rules on keeping fish, will he clean them for you? I do love fish when you get to eat it the same day but can't fillet to save my soul.

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

That is pretty reasonable for a whole day like that. No gear to pack sounds great. What's the rules on keeping fish, will he clean them for you? I do love fish when you get to eat it the same day but can't fillet to save my soul.

He might we took ours home. The browns are ok not great I choose to put them back because the dnr quit stoking them and they don’t taste as good. Stealhead are open game tho lol. But I think it’s five fish per person