• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lord give me strength...

Robocop1051

Didn't buy it, but it's on the list of considerations. They have a long action version too...so the next bolt gun could be one of those. 

Right now...I'm contemplating another 9mm. Leaning towards Glock at the moment which is how I wound up in the handgun threads. 

5 hours ago, DNP said:

Didn't buy it, but it's on the list of considerations. They have a long action version too...so the next bolt gun could be one of those. 

Right now...I'm contemplating another 9mm. Leaning towards Glock at the moment which is how I wound up in the handgun threads. 

Get the .338 Lapua magnum… I know somebody reloading it on the cheap 

3 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Get the .338 Lapua magnum… I know somebody reloading it on the cheap 

Like that thought hasn't crossed my mind...

on another note, during the great ammo shortages of the recent past...300WM was all over the place on the shelves. 

You fuckers - I'm reloading .338LM for about $0.90 a trigger-pull.

It can be done, and I'll do it for you bastards, all day long.

Well, I'm not working ALL day for you fuckers - but I'll reload ammo for y'all.

I'm working on a .300 Win Mag load that might be competitive at the distances, with the .338 LM... I'm just sayin'...

my answer for 6.5mm is easy - 6.5 Creedmoor...  Yeah, I hear ya...

.260 Remington has been around for 20 years.  It has a little more case capacity, a little more speed, and it's the same projectile.  It's slightly more accurate than the 6.5 C.  Creedmoor ammo is on the shelf now. The .260 Rem ammo is harder to find on the shelf. 

Yeah, oh well.

I make .260 Rem ammo from it's parent case of -WHAAT?!!? - .308 WInchester.  Yeah, that just happened.

I make my own .260 Rem rounds from oldass .308 brass. 

Try that with your Super Creedmoor...  :laffs::banana:

1 hour ago, Robocop1051 said:

I bought a Rem700 in .260 several years ago. It came with 4 or 5 boxes of hornady ammo. After blasting through the ammo, I had a helluva time finding it again. Sold it for what I had into it and went back to .308 rifles. 

Yes, it seems to me that there is a big choice to make. Do you want to have a unique conversation piece rifle or something to shoot every day.  Unless you live in the land of milk and honey where you pick up gold nuggets off the ground and money grows on trees.

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I make .260 Rem ammo from it's parent case of -WHAAT?!!? - .308 WInchester.  Yeah, that just happened.

or .243 or 7mm-08 ;)

yeah harder to find 260 on the shelf if you are into buying from the shelf, but I don't have a get the chance to go anywhere besides work or the grocery store these days. so I buy my ammo online, even if it is 308 or 30-06. lot better choices and can find better deals. never gonna not find 260 on the interweb.

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

my answer for 6.5mm is easy - 6.5 Creedmoor...  Yeah, I hear ya...

.260 Remington has been around for 20 years.  It has a little more case capacity, a little more speed, and it's the same projectile.  It's slightly more accurate than the 6.5 C.  Creedmoor ammo is on the shelf now. The .260 Rem ammo is harder to find on the shelf. 

Yeah, oh well.

Try that with your Super Creedmoor...  :laffs::banana:

Next rifle is going to be a heavy barrel bolt gun, left hand action. In 260 remington. And I will be making my own brass from my current large stock of 308. Considering investigating getting a 308 Tikka and rebarreling it for 260. Better still if I can just find a left handed 308 Tikka action. I know where I can get the 308 full rifle, but would need to rebarrel and replace the stock.