• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Long disappointed sigh PA10 failure to eject

Bud

On 3/30/2018 at 9:59 AM, dubya said:

Internal depth of my buffer tube is about 7.75"

Spring wire diameter is 5/64" or 1.85mm

Buffer length is 3.25"

Two of my buddies ordered complete PA10 Gen 2 lowers yesterday, one a basic version and the other has the ACS stock and EPT trigger group. I'll share their specs here when they arrive. 

Hey, just hitting this back up again - in your pics above, you have a MagPul PRS rifle stock on the rifle...  But you said the receiver extension internal depth was 7.75"-ish.  You positive on that?

You should be around 9 11/16" on a rifle receiver extension...  

So, next question...  'cause there's always a "next..."  :laffs:   Hot did you get a PRS stock on that short receiver extension?...

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Hey-Who said:

PSA has about the WORST, almost non-existent customer service known to man. And if you want something "quickly", well stay the $%^# away from PSA.

Hey -Who     you forgot and left out....when they do respond they give you the wrong answer/parts.....whats your problemo?     Wash

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 1:37 PM, washguy said:

Hey -Who     you forgot and left out....when they do respond they give you the wrong answer/parts.....whats your problemo?     Wash

Hey. I have dealt with PSA a few times and they just took forever to ship, no matter what type of item I purchased. And actually the very 1st time I ordered from them like 3 or so years ago, there was a problem with something and it took them almost 3 weeks to finally respond to my darn emails - just crazy. They do have some very good deals but man, their CS needs life support or something :)

6 hours ago, Hey-Who said:

Hey. I have dealt with PSA a few times and they just took forever to ship, no matter what type of item I purchased. And actually the very 1st time I ordered from them like 3 or so years ago, there was a problem with something and it took them almost 3 weeks to finally respond to my darn emails - just crazy. They do have some very good deals but man, their CS needs life support or something ?

I've found contacting Josiah, who has the PSA account here, is the best option. He is pretty good about getting things done for you. At least he was for me.

• 6 months later...

Boy I wish i could get Josh to help me!  I bought the lower at the gun show just after Christmas and then bought the 20 inch upper about a month and a half ago.  Had to wait until PSA got the lower parts kit in to put it together about a week ago.  The gun would not chamber a round because the ejector rod was stuck in the bolt face.  Call PSA as I bent the charge handle try to get the round out of the  chamber. PSA sent me an AR15 charge handle that will not work for the .308.  After and armor friend got the ejector rod port open from burs, we still could  not get a live shell to come out of the chamber.  My friend used a hone on the chamber but could not take the burs out of the shoulder or throat.  We sent the barrel back and PSA should get it today.  Sent it on my dime as trying to get a person on the phone is almost next to impossible and I have yet to have them respond to my emails.

Very frustrated,  Big

5 hours ago, Bigmnt said:

Boy I wish i could get Josh to help me!  I bought the lower at the gun show just after Christmas and then bought the 20 inch upper about a month and a half ago.  Had to wait until PSA got the lower parts kit in to put it together about a week ago.  The gun would not chamber a round because the ejector rod was stuck in the bolt face.  Call PSA as I bent the charge handle try to get the round out of the  chamber. PSA sent me an AR15 charge handle that will not work for the .308.  After and armor friend got the ejector rod port open from burs, we still could  not get a live shell to come out of the chamber.  My friend used a hone on the chamber but could not take the burs out of the shoulder or throat.  We sent the barrel back and PSA should get it today.  Sent it on my dime as trying to get a person on the phone is almost next to impossible and I have yet to have them respond to my emails.

Very frustrated,  Big

3 hours ago, W.E.G. said:

Just in case nobody noticed, this thread is over a year old. 

OP last posted over a year ago, and never gave any report of what ultimately happened with his rifle.

Not the guy I quoted right above your quote here - he posted this 5 hours ago.  He stated "Josh" but he was talking about Josiah.  That's the tie-in on this thread.