Can't wait to see you there!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, 98Z5V said:

Night Shoots have become a regular, mandatory activity on the last two shoots.  Yeah, bring a pistol light and a carbine light (or one light that works on both), so we can shoot some short-course stuff at night.  Check.  Got it.

We shoot distance at night.  Distances at the Fall Shoot 2017 were 200 yards and 450 yards, at night.  Long gun. For Spring Shoot 2018, we shot 375 yards. 

One thing we discovered between those two shoots...  We had a full moon at FS17, and NO MOON at SS18.  Didn't hinder us, in the spring...  but MAN, WAS IT BADASS LAST FALL!!!  We didn't need to artificially light the target that night.  You shot with zero shooting aids (small lights on white-painted steel silhouettes).  It's amazingly easy to shoot at night, when there's SOME kind of ambient light available.  That full-moon-night showed how easy it really is, and we were smacking down some 450-yard steel.

So, on that note, here's the illum schedule/calendar for fall '18.  Here's the full moon dates:

October 24th, November 22nd, December 22nd.

We already discussed this at the Spring Shoot - MAN, was it nice having that full moon last fall!!! - when we were out there in NO ILLUM this spring...  " Let's plan the next Fall Shoot around a full moon!!!" It's on. 

We already discussed the dates, too - November 22nd is pretty damn close to some family-time Thanksgiving.  December 22nd is pretty damn close to some family-time Christmas.  That leaves us with the weekend around October 24th, ladies and gents.

Oct18.png.45304464fcb9ac3eb2a5fce24a2517f3.png

24 Oct 18 is a Wednesday. 

Pick the weekend before, or the weekend after, attendees.  We'll have good illum both weekends.

THAT will be the dates planned for Fall Shoot 2018. Let's hear what ya got.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, 98Z5V said:

I know you guys like pictures - and crayon drawings and shiit...  :laffs: - so here's a graphic of the illum percentages by date, for Oct18.

5ab9d68f8b06d_MoonpicturesOct18.png.f2ebf5e78d6977b64bb0e4101719d5ef.png

On 3/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, Matt.Cross said:

20th and 27th weekends look perfect!

You fuckers can't read...   :laffs:

3 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

that hurts, technically I am a millennial. I self identify as a colonial patriot though. 

You're good.  That's all legal and shiit now.  :thumbup:

We recognize you as a colonial patriot.  Just show us a scalp.  :laffs:

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Just show us a scalp. 

lol. I never said Native American.

2 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm technically a Millennial as well, but if this crowd approves of you, the stereotypical shoe most assuredly doesn't fit.

I think it has to do with how a lot of these kids grow up. nobody ever saying no to them and them having life way to easy.