• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Radical Firearms

ARTrooper

Anyone know anything about Radical Firearms? A buddy of mine showed me this https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1RFFR16556SOC15FCR&name=Radical+Firearms+.223%2f5.56X45+SOCOM+M-LOK+Rifle&groupid=11444&fprdct=1

It is out of stock now, but even if it came back into stock I was wondering if it would be worth it. I know nothing of the company, but for that price, not like I am expecting a 1 moa rifle.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info guys. 

I also talked with an LT from the county I usually work in and he said they bought a bunch of uppers from radical firearms and was pleased with them. 

Today my wife gave me the go ahead to purchase one. I'm gonna see if I can get my local gun shop to get me one for the same price so I don't have to spend more paying the fees. But thinking about going with the .300 Blk

300 BLK is a fun cartridge.  Plenty adequate for deer if you don't push it beyond its limitations.  Think of a 300BLK AR as an equivalent to a semiauto 30-30.  Subsonic bullets out of a suppressed SBR are just plain smile inducing when you pull the trigger and you hear what sounds like a pellet or BB gun going off.  The action slamming back and forth next to your ear is louder than the bang from the bullet.

52 minutes ago, dpete said:

Subsonic bullets out of a suppressed SBR are just plain smile inducing when you pull the trigger and you hear what sounds like a pellet or BB gun going off.  The action slamming back and forth next to your ear is louder than the bang from the bullet.

It is like a virus, everyone that shoots mine ends up getting one. This leads to stamp collecting as well so it can end up an expensive experience :evil:

16 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Thanks for the info guys. 

I also talked with an LT from the county I usually work in and he said they bought a bunch of uppers from radical firearms and was pleased with them. 

Today my wife gave me the go ahead to purchase one. I'm gonna see if I can get my local gun shop to get me one for the same price so I don't have to spend more paying the fees. But thinking about going with the .300 Blk

@ARTrooperI deleted your post stating you have one inbound only because I could not solely edit your attachment which had your home  address. Can’t be too safe brother.

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

This stuff works pretty good for break in. Can find it as low as $10.99 sometimes. Will PM you when I see good deals on 300 Blk. Along with JT and Wash.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/sellier-bellot-300-aac-blackout-147gr-fmj-ammunition-20rds-sb300blkb.html

Thanks Sisco, gonna need some ammo for the break in... plus some for shooting with you guys. ;)

7 hours ago, dpete said:

Here is a great place for all things blackout.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/

I don't think I can handle another forum. would be like cheating on you guys... or being a polygamist. and I don't think I could handle more than one. :lmao:

6 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

@ARTrooperI deleted your post stating you have one inbound only because I could not solely edit your attachment which had your home  address. Can’t be too safe brother.

Thanks for looking out for me, but that was actually the gun shop's address. lol. still I had to double check to make sure I didn't do that. cropped out all my info besides my name... and my name is super common. lol.

25 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

So what do you guys usually do to break in a new weapon? I honestly have never had a process, so curious to see how you guys do it. 

I'm about 4-5 deep in 308 AR ownership, and I've not done a break-in. It's a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

I shoot it until the gas block seals, and then it's on. Zero the sights/opticon that session, blast a few targets at 200-300, whatever I put out that day. I'll clean it for it's first time once I get home from that initial range session.

THE WORST gun I've ever broken in was the 12.5" Grendel.  It took maybe 20 rounds to seal the gas block, and even get it functioning.  It short-stroked every round, and just mashed the neck of the brass,trying to eject it.  I lost about 20 good pieces of brass getting that thing to roll right...   :laffs:

16 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I do the shoot and clean break in, not because I have seen it make a difference but because many barrel makers recommend it. 

i do also but there were some not so specific breakins and didnt change my outcome/ expectations for the barrel.. 

Ok, so in my order there was never a tracking number and in my account on the website when I look at past purchases, there is none. I tried to contact aimsurplus.com via email and phone to get more information and have been unsuccessful in getting ahold of them. The gun store didn't think they had received the rifle yet either and don't look in the packages they receive, leaving the responsibility up to the purchaser to know when their rifle comes in. 

Anyone every deal with aimsurplus.com? Any suggestions?