• Visit Sportsmans Guide

End of Watch: Gone but never forgotten

ARTrooper

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

This falls into the pertinent category here.  This is pure stupidity that caused this death.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/20/mississippi-k-9-officer-dies-from-heat-stroke-after-deputys-car-engine-shuts-down-authorities-say.html

Definitely! That really sucks!

i went to a benifit for our local K9 officers a few months back and they did demos, also talked about the vehicles and how they’re equipped for the dogs. I wanna say their suv’s Had alarms on them for this sort of thing also auto windows and fans 

On 7/21/2018 at 2:18 AM, 98Z5V said:

This falls into the pertinent category here.  This is pure stupidity that caused this death.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/20/mississippi-k-9-officer-dies-from-heat-stroke-after-deputys-car-engine-shuts-down-authorities-say.html

We have a hot dog indicator. Gets to a certain temp then internal alarm goes off, fans turn on. Climbs higher or stays same for a certain amount of time and sirens and airhorn go off. Hard to ignore that. Gives you plenty of warnings 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bubbas4570 said:

This kind of news is getting really old. 

What the fuk is happening to our society?  .........that was just a rhetorical question.

One Bad Ass Mistake America is still haunting us.

Failed justice system run by sally ass fucks in this case, dude was a 10 time loser

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Failed justice system run by sally ass fucks in this case, dude was a 10 time loser

I agree. they go to easy on them, and I know part of it is the jails are prisons are more full than they should be and so they try and limit who they keep. The county I live in just built a new jail. within less than a month of it being built, it was full and they had to move people to neighboring county jails. 

They sentences are to easy often times and jail is to easy. When I arrest people I often times go hangout with the jail deputies and have a cup or two of coffee; I see the inmates watching tv, playing cards, games, sleeping whenever they want, getting away with stuff because they guards don't want to have to punish them and do more paperwork. For many of the inmates, jail life is easier than when they are out. Hell, basic training is a heck of a lot harder than what it looks like those in the jail have to deal with. It's no wonder these repeat offenders never learn their lesson. If they feared jail/prison, maybe they would think twice before doing something stupid, especially harming officers.

10 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I agree. they go to easy on them, and I know part of it is the jails are prisons are more full than they should be and so they try and limit who they keep. The county I live in just built a new jail. within less than a month of it being built, it was full and they had to move people to neighboring county jails. 

They sentences are to easy often times and jail is to easy. When I arrest people I often times go hangout with the jail deputies and have a cup or two of coffee; I see the inmates watching tv, playing cards, games, sleeping whenever they want, getting away with stuff because they guards don't want to have to punish them and do more paperwork. For many of the inmates, jail life is easier than when they are out. Hell, basic training is a heck of a lot harder than what it looks like those in the jail have to deal with. It's no wonder these repeat offenders never learn their lesson. If they feared jail/prison, maybe they would think twice before doing something stupid, especially harming officers.

Sheriff Joe had it right, for Maricopa County. Baloney sandwich for food, and it consisted of two pieces of bread and one piece of baloney.  Pink uniforms, completely.  Outdoor "tent city" in Phoenix - no AC for you, you're a prisoner/jailed. 

635576104562290656-L169-CIFR721fecbb7828

gty_pink_underwear_jp_120302_wb.jpg

Medium_sheriffworkcrew_small.jpg

Tent City:

tent-city-jail-americas-toughest-jail-ru

zihyui8pszxnztjzrjvr.jpg

He even had pink handcuffs for them.

1140x

pinkhc.jpg

He was hard on them - just it should have been.  He didn't candy-ass them.  But, he's the villain...   Go Figure...

Here's a sob story about how evil he is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/26/the-year-i-spent-in-joe-arpaios-tent-jail-was-hell-he-should-never-walk-free/?utm_term=.703aafbc3adc

Edited by 98Z5V