• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First impressions of the ATN X-Sight

Rsquared

So, after unpacking this thing and jamming some batteries in it just to get it running, I was thinking the obvious. Pretty cool just because what it is. An NV digital optic, with all sorts of super cool sounding features. I wasn't really impressed at first. Daylight operations, it was looking a little grainy at first. There are a couple of adjustments that can be made for focusing and such. Then the picture cleared up. So I dick around with the thing for a while, checking things like the internal compass, pitch and roll indicators. Like I said pretty cool. This thing is WAAAYYYYYYY too smart for it's own good. From the optical standpoint, I didn't spend a lot of time grilling this thing yet. They say that this thing will just eat up batteries and spit em out. Which, appears to be true. No problem though. I've already ordered the external power pack that ATN "suggests" to use with it. So we'll see how that works when it gets here. I also haven't bothered mounting it to the SASS yet. Even though it comes with a mount on it. I've ordered an ARMS QD mount for it to make it easier putting it on and off of the rifle. SO I figure I'll go through the whole mounting and trueing it once I get the other mount.

So.............................the NV portion of this. I finally took it out in the back yard the other night. WHOA! They ain't kidding when they say NV. It gives a pretty damn good (and clear) picture in semi darkness. I only messed with it for a couple of minutes, but I was impressed with the picture and clarity that the thing produced. I intend to try installing their app onto one of my tablets to check that part of it out. I threw it onto my work phone (my personal one is too old and not compatible).....and damn if it doesn't do as advertised. The picture comes up crystal clear on the phone. Pretty fukin cool. But I want to try it on a larger screen. But of course, the tablet is fighting me about installing the app. So I'm still working on that (fukin EVIL google). I wish they had an app that would work on my "surface" tablet. But it's only for apple stuff and (FUKIN) google platforms.

So I'll keep you all updated as I slowly piece this thing together and finally get it setup properly. And yes......I've already planned on buying their laser range-finder that is designed to snap onto this thing. It Bluetooth pairs to the optic. Supposedly, with that, combined with being paired to the phone as well. It gets all the atmospheric conditions. Plus, combined with the ballistic data of the round being fired. It's supposed to be able to adjust and shift the reticle automatically to compensate for point of impact. Sounds too good to be true. We'll see as this goes along.

R2

20 hours ago, NTXshooter said:

Did you get the X Sight II or the new 4K?  Which power did you get?

X-Sight II HD 5x20.

Yeah fella's, we'll see how this works out. Like I said, I'm not really holding my breath for the most part. It just sounds too good for the money put out. That's probably why the gun pusher laughed at me and said that I was just buying this to prove that it doesn't work. Maybe he knows me too well. This is basically turning into a pricey experiment. :laffs:

So lets see so far. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....round numbers of course.

$600 for the Optic itself

$150 for the QD mount

$100 for the battery pack

$80 for the X-Trac remote that you strap to a forward rail (so you don't have to fumble for the buttons on top of the damn thing)

$300 for the 1000 yard laser range finder attachment. $400 of I go for the 1500 yard version ( I haven't bought it yet, but one of these is coming soon).

Total = $1230 so far (1330 if I get the stronger laser)

Between this and the Sig glass I bought recently..........looks like I ain't getting that Kimber this year after all. :lmao:

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

***Tom gives Matt a STOUT high-five***  :thumbup::hail::banana:

19 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

***High fives Tom enthusiastically***

Most successful PsyOp/Propaganda Campaign ever.

And before you two jizz all over yourselves. Keep in mind that neither of you had anything to do with this experiment, and knew nothing about it until I brought it up here. We had never even talked about the NV area.........................yet.

So...................go FUK yourselves. :thefinger:

14 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

And before you two jizz all over yourselves. Keep in mind that neither of you had anything to do with this experiment, and knew nothing about it until I brought it up here. We had never even talked about the NV area.........................yet.

That was the secret and most devious part of the plan, to make you believe it was your idea.

:laffs:

43 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

..........looks like I ain't getting that Kimber this year after all. :lmao:

I came to the same conclusion yesterday when my wife gave me the $1000 quote sto remove my dog's nasty disintegrating eyeball. Nothing like dropping a grand on a dog that's already outlived her expectancy. I think we're going for a record. It'll have an asterisk for sure...seeing as not "all" of her survived to that final day. 

53 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, DNP said:

I came to the same conclusion yesterday when my wife gave me the $1000 quote sto remove my dog's nasty disintegrating eyeball. Nothing like dropping a grand on a dog that's already outlived her expectancy. I think we're going for a record. It'll have an asterisk for sure...seeing as not "all" of her survived to that final day. 

Sorry hunny she stroked out on the way to the vet

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

He's in denial, brother...   :lmao:

56 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Doesn't matter, come Fall he'll be taking his rightful place at the top of the food chain with all the other nocturnal predators.

You two are outta control these days. I mean, Matt's just been off the hook lately with his grenadlization indoctrination. And Tom............well..................he's just being Tom. :lmao:

But Fuk both of you anyway. Just because.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

You two are outta control these days. I mean, Matt's just been off the hook lately with his grenadlization indoctrination. And Tom............well..................he's just being Tom. :lmao:

Love you, too,  brother.  :thumbup:?

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

After infecting both Tom and myself with MRAD acquisition syndrome, the least we could do is return the favor.

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

After infecting both Tom and myself with MRAD acquisition syndrome, the least we could do is return the favor.

...so we ganged up on ya.  How's that feelin' right now, Ron?...  :laffs:

4 hours ago, Rsquared said:

you sir will be enjoying your beer as those to play in the dark running over cacti and snakes.. Choopra cabra, wont be a problem! nice purchase bro hope you get some time with it before the kids break it. ???

Edited by sketch
good shits

24 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

...so we ganged up on ya.  How's that feelin' right now, Ron?...  :laffs:

Slippery and sore. :laffs:

19 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

Oh he doesn't want to admit it, but deep in his sadistic robot heart, he's thoroughly enjoying this....

?

Who me? Why I outta.........................