• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA10 whirlwind

You can't beat the Larue MBT trigger for the price, especially when it's on sale;

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

The guys on the forum here who have Faxon barrels have very pleased with them, myself included. You don't have to change the bolt but it's best you have the headspace checked after installing a different barrel.

36 minutes ago, CaptFacePwn said:

Which triggers fit that wont break the bank and are a vast improvement over the stock one?

The LaRue MBT is a great trigger, I've installed 5 of them now and all worked flawlessly and as good as any Geissele SSA I have seen. They are on sale right now for $99;

52 minutes ago, CaptFacePwn said:

So i just picked up a PA10 and i want to upgrade the trigger, maybe the barrel down the road, Low profile gas block..etc.

Which triggers fit that wont break the bank and are a vast improvement over the stock one? Faxon barrels accurate? Do i need to replace the bolt as well?

All been talked about already.  Your best bet,as a new guy that didn't post an intro - is to search out your information.

It's already all here. 

Welcome.  Get to searchin'.

40 minutes ago, CaptFacePwn said:

actaully, i've been here but i had to change emails and make a new account due to an issue with outlook email. So if you're not gonna answer the question i posted, move along. :thumbup:

So what was the previous ID you posted the introduction under? 

2 hours ago, CaptFacePwn said:

i had heard the triggers and a bunch of other stuff was proprietary so it was a pain trying to find anything to fit it. the more i research and ask questions, the more im finding that not to be true.

Not sure where you are getting your info. Is this your first AR type weapon? Triggers are never proprietary. Receivers are but nothing else after that. 

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

All been talked about already.  Your best bet,as a new guy that didn't post an intro - is to search out your information.

It's already all here. 

Welcome.  Get to searchin'.

1 hour ago, CaptFacePwn said:

actaully, i've been here but i had to change emails and make a new account due to an issue with outlook email. So if you're not gonna answer the question i posted, move along. :thumbup:

That is an answer to your question. The forum is full of info. Your questions are very basic and answered a ton already. It’s not our fault you are too lazy to look up the info. 

What was your prior screen name? I’m guessing you weren’t around long before and will have a short stay again if you cannot accept people trying to help you. 

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

Not sure where you are getting your info. Is this your first AR type weapon? Triggers are never proprietary. Receivers are but nothing else after that. 

That is an answer to your question. The forum is full of info. Your questions are very basic and answered a ton already. It’s not our fault you are too lazy to look up the info. 

What was your prior screen name? I’m guessing you weren’t around long before and will have a short stay again if you cannot accept people trying to help you. 

oh i can accept folks trying to help me. ill dig up my old username here in a few..its a forum, not a membership to your local gym. people come and go as they please when they need info or if they just want ideas for their current AR. I did my own research prior to asking and was coming up with some folks saying the trigger couldnt be changed without modifying a certain aspect of it..etc. you seem to find those folks who really didn't want to help in a forum setting, just like to run around and scream "use the search function". If everyone realistically did that, it wouldnt be a forum would it? just an encyclopedia..no human involvement. i find it a little weird that you need "proof" as to a new member intro. if i cant find my old one, ill just make a new one to please those who just HAVE TO HAVE an introduction before someone asks a question.

thank you to those who did answer my question!

Edited by CaptFacePwn

14 minutes ago, CaptFacePwn said:

oh i can accept folks trying to help me. ill dig up my old username here in a few..its a forum, not a membership to your local gym. people come and go as they please when they need info or if they just want ideas for their current AR. I did my own research prior to asking and was coming up with some folks saying the trigger couldnt be changed without modifying a certain aspect of it..etc. you seem to find those folks who really didn't want to help in a forum setting, just like to run around and scream "use the search function". If everyone realistically did that, it wouldnt be a forum would it? just an encyclopedia..no human involvement. i find it a little weird that you need "proof" as to a new member intro. if i cant find my old one, ill just make a new one to please those who just HAVE TO HAVE an introduction before someone asks a question.

thank you to those who did answer my question!

You can do one of two things.......check your bullshit fucking attitude at the door, or walk out that door and don’t come back. I’m assuming your prior account doesn’t work because my self or one of the other mods ban your ass.

by the way idk where your getting your info but nothing about triggers are proprietary......

now move along

Edited by shepp

i dont have an attitude in the slightest. i asked a question and was told "already been talked about, dont ask anything cause you didnt post an intro" 

i cant find the old intro and i wasnt banned as i just switched the email off the old account and made a new one today. 

4 minutes ago, CaptFacePwn said:

i dont have an attitude in the slightest. i asked a question and was told "already been talked about, dont ask anything cause you didnt post an intro" 

i cant find the old intro and i wasnt banned as i just switched the email off the old account and made a new one today. 

It was recommended that you did, we do it to all new members, sorry for the hospitality but we had no damn clue you had been here before. THEN when a mod was what I’m assuming trying to help you maybe get back to your old account you got all butt hurt?!? Also you were told to do some reading so shit don’t get repetative around here. 

You got shitty info somewhere, good luck getting help, maybe barf15.com is more suited for you, you seem more their type. 

And yes you have a shit attitude, like we owe you something, there’s a metric shit ton of info here and yes it is like an encyclopedia, quit being a lazy ass and use the search option, it’s easy.....

ps

your attitude sucks 

9 hours ago, shepp said:

It was recommended that you did, we do it to all new members, sorry for the hospitality but we had no damn clue you had been here before. THEN when a mod was what I’m assuming trying to help you maybe get back to your old account you got all butt hurt?!? Also you were told to do some reading so poop don’t get repetative around here. 

You got shitty info somewhere, good luck getting help, maybe barf15.com is more suited for you, you seem more their type. 

And yes you have a poop attitude, like we owe you something, there’s a metric poop ton of info here and yes it is like an encyclopedia, quit being a lazy ass and use the search option, it’s easy.....

ps

your attitude sucks 

Yep, like Shepp says, and it is too bad that you are only 30  and you lost your memory, a mind is something bad to lose, Maybe you can get better. Stay out of the sun.

From my peanut gallery perch, "use the search function" is an instruction that tends to doom a forum as it is off putting and counter productive to discussion, which is the aim of a forum. Makes one want to leave the forum to its own antisocial nature.

My Keltec SU16 .556 has a proprietary trigger My bullpup has a proprietary trigger. Certain triggers themselves are proprietary, like the first versions of the AR Fostech Echo triggers, which actually required a proprietary bolt carrier. PSA plainly states not to expect that any parts that are from another manufacturer will necessarily fit their PA10 platform, as do other AR10 companies. It's known far and wide that the AR10 platforms are proprietary. Now could it be the trigger designs are common to each company's platform? Good question, which the guy asked. Maybe he could search. I for one would have enjoyed hearing new input ... current input as designs change year to year. This helps confirm old input that frankly can be either incorrect or out of date.

There is one particular dude here, who may be using multiple ID's, who I find rather abrasive/confrontational. Not naming any names, but that attitude makes me not want to contribute.

I personally don't read intro's on the various forums, and generally introduce myself gradually through conversation, not on specific intro pages. Many are the same. Many are living "gray" men who don't advertise themselves with regards to being interested in shooting. They are more private in that regard. I for one have never been challenged to do an intro on any forum, and I find it unnecessarily provocative that someone would do so.

The guy's asking a simple question. Either answer it or ignore it. Don't crucify the guy for showing up is my 2¢.

Now let me suit up in my body armor before replying.

1 hour ago, erichard said:

From my peanut gallery perch, "use the search function" is an instruction that tends to doom a forum as it is off putting and counter productive to discussion, which is the aim of a forum. Makes one want to leave the forum to its own antisocial nature.

My Keltec SU16 .556 has a proprietary trigger My bullpup has a proprietary trigger. Certain triggers themselves are proprietary, like the first versions of the AR Fostech Echo triggers, which actually required a proprietary bolt carrier. PSA plainly states not to expect that any parts that are from another manufacturer will necessarily fit their PA10 platform, as do other AR10 companies. It's known far and wide that the AR10 platforms are proprietary. Now could it be the trigger designs are common to each company's platform? Good question, which the guy asked. Maybe he could search. I for one would have enjoyed hearing new input ... current input as designs change year to year. This helps confirm old input that frankly can be either incorrect or out of date.

There is one particular dude here, who may be using multiple ID's, who I find rather abrasive/confrontational. Not naming any names, but that attitude makes me not want to contribute.

I personally don't read intro's on the various forums, and generally introduce myself gradually through conversation, not on specific intro pages. Many are the same. Many are living "gray" men who don't advertise themselves with regards to being interested in shooting. They are more private in that regard. I for one have never been challenged to do an intro on any forum, and I find it unnecessarily provocative that someone would do so.

The guy's asking a simple question. Either answer it or ignore it. Don't crucify the guy for showing up is my 2¢.

Now let me suit up in my body armor before replying.

well put.

i think a lot of companies do that to cover their asses also why would I tell you as one company that someone else’s product works in yours? Kinda kicking your self in the teeth right?

its never ever mandatory to intro your self like I said more of hospitality. I greet ever new member with basicly the same way he was if I’m the first to notice they’re new. Just somthing we do here. And honestly if I wasn’t a mod I probably would read them as much as I do. But hey each their own.

and your right the search function can do that but trust me we ain’t going no where ?

Welcome to the forum Eric 

The point is simple; On this forum, There are people who know the 308AR world backwards and forwards( I am not one of them). They can help with tough questions from forum members, and have extensively already over the years. What has developed is one of the best trouble shooting databases for 308ARs available. Easily accessible by the search button. These people don’t get paid to help. They answer the same questions over and over, they don’t have to if they choose not to. If you need to find out something you take the responsibility to look it up. If you can’t find the answer, THEN ask the question. 

As far as intros, there is a lot of mutual respect and trust on this forum, as people have gotten to know one another, but it is earned not just given. An introduction is a start to getting that. 

6 hours ago, erichard said:

My Keltec SU16 .556 has a proprietary trigger My bullpup has a proprietary trigger. Certain triggers themselves are proprietary, like the first versions of the AR Fostech Echo triggers, which actually required a proprietary bolt carrier.

First, this place is FAR from "anti-social."  You stick around awhile, and you'll find that out.  There's a distinct backlash that WILL happen, anytime an A$shole shows up, and immediately acts like - what they are.  The people here owe NOBODY... anything...  When someone "demands" information - they're usually the same type of person that demanded it somewhere else - "if you KNOW about this xxx topic that I'm asking, then you HAVE to give me the information...  "

This is all created, maintained, and operated for the love of the platform, in a world that otherwise hasn't been able to figure it out like this group has.

This question, specifically, that was asked - that trigger isn't from an SU16.  That trigger isn't from a bullpup.  That trigger isn't a Fostech, or any other binary trigger.  It's just a standard mil-spec shiitty trigger.

I hope you understand the "other side of the fence" a little better now.

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, erichard said:

I myself can get frustrated searching. But everyone needs to at least try to search because every time the same topic comes up with a new thread on the same thing, then the searching becomes more difficult. 

All people have to do is try and put some effort into it themselves and if they can't find it then you ASK for help. 

I'm one of the newer people that has stuck around and I can guarantee you, that you will not find a more selfless group of gun lovers that will bring you into a brotherhood you don't find on most forums. All you have to do is show some initiative. 

And yes you may hear people acting like assholes to each other, but generally it is between friends that have known each other for a long time and take poop just like they give it. This is a group of hard nosed patriots that will fight for those like them but don't have time for disrespectful people or those that want to have a pity party in a cry closet. 

You aren't going to find a better group of MEN that actually give a poop. So I'm saying from experience and respect when I say, new members need to sit back and ease themselves into a group of friends that have shot together, built together, and lived together as brothers from around the country and sometimes farther. 

On 5/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, CaptFacePwn said:

So i just picked up a PA10 and i want to upgrade the trigger, maybe the barrel down the road, Low profile gas block..etc.

Which triggers fit that wont break the bank and are a vast improvement over the stock one? Faxon barrels accurate? Do i need to replace the bolt as well?

I'm about to show you guys how easy this really is.

First question really posed:

Which triggers fit that wont break the bank and are a vast improvement over the stock one?

Right off the bat, the very two posts he got were for the LaRue MBT2S.  It's $99 bucks right now, and you'll wait to get it. If you researched that trigger at all here, you'd find this:

https://forum.308ar.com/search/?q="larue trigger"&sortby=relevancy

If you even took the step to search the LaRue trigger on the vast, vast www., you'd go right to LaRue's website, and you'd be able to read ALL the reviews...

Okay, got it.  First major, MAJOR hurdle is down.  Damn near killed me to get through that, it was so hard.

Next question that was posed was this:

Faxon barrels accurate?

That's gonna be a tough one, search-wise. Here's what I found:

https://forum.308ar.com/search/?q="Faxon barrel"&sortby=relevancy

I search the www. for the term "Faxon barrel accuracy" and this is what I got back:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3p4DW8akHaSWjQOt0JHADA&q=Faxon+barrel+accuracy&oq=Faxon+barrel+accuracy&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l6.1632.6622.0.7077.22.20.0.0.0.0.188.1835.12j6.18.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..4.18.1822.0..0i131k1j0i10k1.0.bV0pU3s2w38

Last question posed was this one:

Do i need to replace the bolt as well?

This is really the only VALID question - without extreme laziness - and the answer is simple, with common familiarity in this platform.  YOU ALWAYS CHECK HEADSPACE ON A LARGE-FRAME AR BUILD.

That's so important, that it's a pinned topic in the section "308 AR - What You Need To Know"

So, bottom line here - very simple search attempts would have turn up this very basic information.  Zero attempt was made, to discover the answers to these very basic questions, and instead, a huge amount of bullshiit was posted about attitude.  Most of which came from the guy that never attempted to even help himself, first.

e4aa52d43fa2d300f420bad72a09a7fd.jpg?v=1

Now, with all that said, who's the a$shole here?...

Edited by 98Z5V

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm about to show you guys how easy this really is.

First question really posed:

Right off the bat, the very two posts he got were for the LaRue MBT2S.  It's $99 bucks right now, and you'll wait to get it. If you researched that trigger at all here, you'd find this:

https://forum.308ar.com/search/?q="larue trigger"&sortby=relevancy

If you even took the step to search the LaRue trigger on the vast, vast www., you'd go right to LaRue's website, and you'd be able to read ALL the reviews...

Okay, got it.  First major, MAJOR hurdle is down.  Damn near killed me to get through that, it was so hard.

Next question that was posed was this:

That's gonna be a tough one, search-wise. Here's what I found:

https://forum.308ar.com/search/?q="Faxon barrel"&sortby=relevancy

I search the www. for the term "Faxon barrel accuracy" and this is what I got back:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=3p4DW8akHaSWjQOt0JHADA&q=Faxon+barrel+accuracy&oq=Faxon+barrel+accuracy&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i22i30k1l6.1632.6622.0.7077.22.20.0.0.0.0.188.1835.12j6.18.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..4.18.1822.0..0i131k1j0i10k1.0.bV0pU3s2w38

Last question posed was this one:

This is really the only VALID question - without extreme laziness - and the answer is simple, with common familiarity in this platform.  YOU ALWAYS CHECK HEADSPACE ON A LARGE-FRAME AR BUILD.

That's so important, that it's a pinned topic in the section "308 AR - What You Need To Know"

So, bottom line here - very simple search attempts would have turn up this very basic information.  Zero attempt was made, to discover the answers to these very basic questions, and instead, a huge amount of bullshiit was posted about attitude.  Most of which came from the guy that never attempted to even help himself, first.

e4aa52d43fa2d300f420bad72a09a7fd.jpg?v=1

Now, with all that said, who's the a$shole here?...

Can this post be added to the "What you need to know" thread?