• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Receivers

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

SO, I asked a few times, and he avoided it.  What I really wanna know is - "You buying 80s toyou can make guns and sell to customers?"  Never answered.

I'm pretty sure if he was a manufacturing FFL (07 FFL/SOT license), he would have stated that in his massive bragging intro. He didn't.  So, I hope he goes out there and makes some 80s, and sells them to customers - and gets popped by Uncle Sugar.  He seems that bright...

That part bothers me, I was glad to see you call it out. That is the kind of thing we don't need on this site, that could bring attention that is undesirable and could also steer the unknowing in the direction of committing a felony!  Anything the mods could do to make sure there is clarity on that part of the thread would be appreciated.

@Floydieguns  I took some gunsmith schooling in the 70's, don't consider myself a gunsmith but always felt fixing guns was gunsmithing. One of the reasons I enjoy the AR platforms so much is it allows me to build weapons without having a mill, welder, lathe or any of the other fancy expensive equipment. Just replace parts to get different results then sell the one you don't need (if it is a good part).

Why parkerize? The newer finishes are just miles beyond oil soaked parkerizing and if your time is worth anything it's not that far off in costs. I have a hot blue tank, haven't used it since the 70's, a big hassle and a big mess. 

If 98 bothers you simply hit that ignore button, you are gonna miss out on the most knowledgeable source of information on AR rifles here but at least he will stay calmer and be able to spend his time as he usually does, helping people get their rifles running instead of correcting and clarifying your rebuttals.

My last piece of advice about being a forum member here, read, read, and read some more. This will do two things for you, one give you unending knowledge of the large frame AR system and two, give you a better feel for the personalities of the people here and how best to approach them, remember you are joining us. I was a member for almost two years before I started posting, just read and searched, that worked for me.

8 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Do you guys realize that I wrote that almost THREE years ago? Too bad there isn’t a way to see how many times it’s been quoted. Shepp is always good for a quick copypasta when the booger hooks get too hot to type anymore. 

Saved there right in my note book ready to remind what’s up! 

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

That part bothers me, I was glad to see you call it out. That is the kind of thing we don't need on this site, that could bring attention that is undesirable and could also steer the unknowing in the direction of committing a felony!  Anything the mods could do to make sure there is clarity on that part of the thread would be appreciated.

@Floydieguns  

Good call JT!!!