• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brrr, winters here

308kiwi

5 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

?yeah our cat is particularly smart, she's been around a long time and knows what’s best.

Screw that Sisco, -32F,   coldest I've ever seen the mercury here was -21C, (-6 F) and that was cold enough for me, spent that day thawing out diesel fuel lines and filters to get machinery running and stock fed.

Here we use diesel deicer starting in January just as a precaution. Nothing like a fuel tank full of jelly to screw things up. Had a car delivered to me from California once when it was -28F. Wouldn’t start. Turned out it had straight 40 weight oil in it. Had an oil pan full of jelly!  A big no no up here. We always use a 10 weight or 5 Weight blend.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wild that it's winter there, and I'm dealing with this shiit...

Fuk me, man, it got hot here today.  Hottest day we've had all year.  I just heard the news say 114, AZCentral is reporting 115...  Fucking miserable at work - even with AC.  The damn AC couldn't keep up.

On top of that, we got hit with a haboob.  Couple highways on the way home closed due to dust- but I've already figured out my backroads-route home now, just because of traffic. What usually take 1:15 to drive took 1:30 - not bad.

image.thumb.png.a627201b2d65c460f8b2191be2ca8087.png

image.thumb.png.bd25aa40408f64036eeb2182c602abbf.png

It's pretty sweet driving through those things, though - seriously.  It shows you how stupid some people really are...  Gotta service the K&N air filter on the little Nissan tomorrow, though...  :laffs:

My chevy's front end is peppered through to the steel from something like that. Was headed back from a race near Vegas and the freeway was shot down for a few hours due to wind. They opened it back up and in the middle of the night I drove into one head on. I was doing 75...who knows how fast it was moving. Got a new windshield when I got home. It was so pitted you couldn't see crap when the sun hit it. No dice on paint or chrome touch up. That POS wears it proudly. 

At least it was dry and dusty Tom. 

Edited by DNP

10 hours ago, DNP said:

At least it was dry and dusty Tom. 

When those things kick up, during monsoon, it's raining mud...   :laffs:

2 hours ago, DNP said:

Damnit AZ...you sent your heat this way. 5:30 and it was already over 80. 

image.jpeg

I think this is that "Heat Dome" thing that's crushing the midwest right now - it's expanding, and getting us both!

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Couple highways on the way home closed due to dust- but I've already figured out my backroads-route home now, just because of traffic. What usually take 1:15 to drive took 1:30 - not bad.

image.thumb.png.a627201b2d65c460f8b2191be2ca8087.png

image.thumb.png.bd25aa40408f64036eeb2182c602abbf.png

Yup, life in the desert! They shut the highways down but us locals always know how get around that and go on about our business. That's just what you do out here.

On another note, I told my wife that if she ever got caught on the highway in one of these things to get as far off the road as possible, clear over to the fence! I don't mind paying for a wrecker to get her out later if she gets stuck.

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

On another note, I told my wife that if she ever got caught on the highway in one of these things to get as far off the road as possible, clear over to the fence! I don't mind paying for a wrecker to get her out later if she gets stuck.

Exactly, these dumbasses here...   I'm telling you...

Phoenix. So many people that live in Phoenix are not from here.  Hell, I'm not, I'm a Southeastern Ohio boy, myself.  It's a city of "transplants."

These stupid fuckers here - if it rains, they can't drive.  Holy shiit, where YOU CAME FROM it rained all the time, and NOW you can't drive in this shiit?!!?  If the dust blows...  they can't drive.  Okay, I get it - just play like you're in Mad Max, and put the fucking pedal to the floor, and watch your lane...

They will STOP IN THE LANE, and put their hazard lights on.  Come on, get THE FUK off the road here, so I can put my foot to the floor and get away from you as$holes...  Or, they BARELY get off the road - like one tire still on the line! - and put their hazards on... 

I think I need to rent a Blackhawk helicopter in order to train some of these shiitheads.  I'll just have it hover over them, or match their speed - over them -and brown-out everything near them.  Learn to function, so the rest of us that already CAN function, can continue on with our day...

Off my soapbox now...   :lmao:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Phoenix. So many people that live in Phoenix are not from here.  Hell, I'm not, I'm a Southeastern Ohio boy, myself.  It's a city of "transplants."

These stupid fuckers here - if it rains, they can't drive.  Holy shiit, where YOU CAME FROM it rained all the time, and NOW you can't drive in this shiit?!!?  If the dust blows...  they can't drive.  Okay, I get it - just play like you're in Mad Max, and put the fucking pedal to the floor, and watch your lane...

They will STOP IN THE LANE, and put their hazard lights on.  Come on, get THE FUK off the road here, so I can put my foot to the floor and get away from you as$holes...  Or, they BARELY get off the road - like one tire still on the line! - and put their hazards on... 

I think I need to rent a Blackhawk helicopter in order to train some of these shiitheads.  I'll just have it hover over them, or match their speed - over them -and brown-out everything near them.  Learn to function, so the rest of us that already CAN function, can continue on with our day...

that's funny suckafish here cant drive in the rain.. 2 lane freeway is a wreck waiting to happen almost everyday.  im so sick of rtards driving . im considering rbs bumpers for the work truck to push my way through the protesters/ cant drivers..merge this dumbass!

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Same with snow, it snows here every MOTHER FUCKING YEAR!! October to April expect fucking snow!!! Yet mid January some dumb fuck is doing 50 in a 70 with there flashers on, IF ITS THAT FUCKING BAD IF YOUR THAT SCARED, GET THE HELL OFF THE ROAD DUMMY!!!!

theyll do the same in the rain here too like they’re from the middle of the dessert where it never rains..........but it rains all the time here!!!

fuck stupid people

I've always loved watching the idiots with 4-wheel drive on their first(?) snow-covered road. They're all, "Watch this suckers, I can go and you can't!" Then they try to turn or stop. That's when they figure out that the laws of physics don't give a tinker's damn how much money they spent on their fancy trucks. Just because you can go doesn't mean you can whoa. The only downfall was having to write the accident report.

On 7/6/2018 at 11:18 PM, shepp said:

theyll do the same in the rain here too like they’re from the middle of the dessert where it never rains..........but it rains all the time here!!!

fornicate stupid people

Shepp, rain all the time is a good thing! Down here it rains very little so when it does rain the oils in the pavement come up and makes it REALLY slick! I never experienced schit like that in Kansas!

Edited by 392heminut

• 4 weeks later...

Got one coming up on me right now, heavy and hard, from the southwest.  Hopefully, the rain is behind it.

5:30pm here:

P1060602.thumb.JPG.a50764ac165e59524730b55c7e74cc8b.JPG

P1060603.thumb.JPG.c5eb33b8e25ac46233bfbbb37be38024.JPG

EDIT - I was gonna wait until 5:45pm here for another pic, but it's already on me. This is 5:41pm.

P1060604.thumb.JPG.20840e669eae216edf98aaa956d9a75b.JPG

NOW it's 5:45... My trees out back started moving pretty good, so I snapped another pic out front...

P1060605.thumb.JPG.8c236b88bb9a0944cfbb765651a5e2d0.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

Damn.If I trust weather.com, there's a wall of water headed my way - I sure hope so.  Vis out front went to shiit a few minutes ago.

P1060607.thumb.JPG.25ad4b40455d8fe3f0d912a5f38fa7e1.JPG

Went out back to check it out - that 2-story above my wall, right where my right cactus is - that 114 yards away.

Vis sucks right now, and I'm glad I'm not driving with these idiots here, in rush hour.

P1060609.thumb.JPG.4ace500b6b4b42ef85cbb76b2b5955d2.JPG

HAHA!  Fuk me, here's that house now, a few minutes later...

P1060610.thumb.JPG.7ab34f0df8c1c4498959f7d445bd7289.JPG

Neighbor is about to lose a tree... 

P1060611.thumb.JPG.f9aae1028d2062a79d9fcbe6cc96cbcb.JPG

News said we could get gusts of 60mph - I'll but that...  

Edited by 98Z5V

I used to live in an area of New Zealand called The Canterbury Plains, huge flat area that borders the coastline, we used to get dust storms like that when the North Westers blew, picking up all the dirt from farm fields and blowing it in a huge wall across the plains to the Pacific Ocean, scary as hell as a kid.

I'll swap ya for a day or so 98, it's been raining and 2 deg (35F) here for the last 4 days.