• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pot non winners nor home owners buy 8k $ worth of weed here cuz its legal.. Corvette used, produce 500 horsepower and cost the smart workers 13-18k and they worry about rubber. I cant wait for drugs and 500 hp to take to the highways.. to lazy yet..

ZeeLander IPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa, brewed with a hop from New Zealand, Nelson Sauvin . Has a citus/tropical fruit with a touch of dank pine smell. Starts with a big burst of bitter orange pith and a unique floral marigold flavor called out by the brewer, I'd swear they put marigold blooms in this beer. There is a dank piney note but not real strong. The bitter fades to a melon fruit with notes of a caramel malt. Leaves with a sweet floral note and opposite most IPA's of this style the bitter is all up front in a big burst then quickly fades. Has a resinous oily mouth feel that lingers on. Another very tasty beer from TG!

IMG_1138.thumb.jpg.4116a4fb36b2a87769e584f23b9ad66f.jpg

Friend of mine has ciliacts and it’s got to the point where beer made him puke just after one so he asked If I wanted some stuff he’d been holding onto. This is one I’ve had myself but been saving. I drank the one I got from him tonight soooooooo smooth and rich 

EDE07A5C-9902-44AD-9B7B-330DC562302B.jpeg

0CF7EAA8-645A-4032-8FE2-A483ECE76096.jpeg

Dunkin' Coffee Porter from Harpoon Brewery in Massachusetts. A roasted malt and espresso aroma. A heavily smoked malty flavor with hints of coffee and maybe dark chocolate which gets a little stronger as the beer warms. A nice balance of sweet and bitter and a not to thick, not to thin feel. Pretty well balanced but leans on the smoky side. 

IMG_1154.thumb.jpg.a7e46b4787b35cd25d758d8bc5f3c9df.jpg

Supa Sumo Double India Pale Ale by Toppling Goliath of Dechora, Iowa. Figured Supa Sumo was appropriate for Super bowl Sunday, first taste tells me it's appropriate for ANY day! Has that citrus and pineapple aroma with a hint of mango. Taste follows with a tangerine and pineapple followed by that tropical melon flavor, mango, maybe a touch of sweet lime. Sweet but not sticky sweet, a touch of pine bitter but only a hint. A very deep, complex flavor profile. Has a thicker juice like feel in the mouth with light carbonation and that oily feel left behind. This schit is ambrosia if you enjoy hops!

IMG_1169.thumb.jpg.167812b12b30cb06497245a6a17b0c8f.jpg

2015 Barley Wine Ale from Charleville Vineyard Microbrewery in Charleville, Missouri. Has a bready fruit aroma with a hint of alcohol. Taste follows closely but with that caramel sweetness. Almost a brandy like fruitiness with a nice but sneaky booze kick. Also taste that woody character you get from things aged in a barrel, not sure if this stuff was but it taste like it. Bottled in March 2015 it has a 10.5% ABV but I'm not so sure that hasn't gone up a bit with age.  Skeptical I would like barley wine but this is good schit. 

IMG_1212.thumb.jpg.fb4eb6ebd8aef589d69adc231a346d65.jpg

16 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Treehouse trip today. Good selection available. Half asleep but worth the trip. Bunch of limited release stuff. 

Edgecrusher, looks like we shop in a similar way.  Was on my way back from Chicago last summer and stopped at 3 Floyds in Munster, IN and said "give me one of everything."  The back of the Suburban was full of boxes of six packs, singles, 750mLs, etc.  

Will have to keep an eye out for Treehouse.

Sidenote:  Highly recommend 3 Floyds to any fan of American pale ales.  Here's the label text from their Space Station Middle Finger "From the dawn of time, humans have looked to the sky for answers. Space Station Middle Finger replies to all from its eternal orbit. Behold and enjoy Space Station Middle Finger, a bright golden American Pale Ale."

Edited by Doodle