• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I do not drink a lot now but I used to ... but tonight I am having one of my favs scotch ale and this one is made in Montana , another fav is Pikes kilt lifter from seattle and my all time fav is "MaGill Hole Panty dropper" and I make it myself..... ahhh a great brew

IMG_20190210_173332877.jpg

On 2/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, edgecrusher said:

Those sound cool. What are using for hops?

Not sure on the hop varieties.  They range from 35 IBUs (Gumball Head) up to 100 IBUs (Arctic Panzer Wolf), but most are around 50 IBUs.  

I'm not as much of a hophead as I used to be, but I'll never pass up a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale.

23 hours ago, shepp said:

I’ll see if I can find you some zombie dust bet it’s in that top list with julious ect. 

That is a good one.  I think Zombie Dust might be their most recognized.  Definitely made some internet noise for them and was one of the reason's I checked 3Floyds out.

Edit to add:  BeerAdvocate has Zombie Dust as the #1 American Pale Ale.

Edited by Doodle

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

That is a good one.  I think Zombie Dust might be their most recognized.  Definitely made some internet noise for them and was one of the reason's I checked 3Floyds out.

Edit to add:  BeerAdvocate has Zombie Dust as the #1 American Pale Ale.

I’ve wanted to stop in there but I’m still not done visiting in Chicago, one of these days I’m gonna make it into Michigan 

42 minutes ago, shepp said:

I’ve wanted to stop in there but I’m still not done visiting in Chicago, one of these days I’m gonna make it into Michigan 

Unfortunately did not get to try the food at 3floyds.  Heard its up their with the beer!

If you make it to Michigan, it is really hard to get much better than Bell's Brewery in Comstock (near Kzoo) and Founders in Grand Rapids.  And if you're into Belgian beers and sours, Jolly Pumpkin in Dexter (near Ann Arbor) is a life changer, perhaps my favorite brewery on this planet.  BTW, there is supposed to be a Jolly Pumpkin in Hyde Park Chicago.  

20 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Unfortunately did not get to try the food at 3floyds.  Heard its up their with the beer!

If you make it to Michigan, it is really hard to get much better than Bell's Brewery in Comstock (near Kzoo) and Founders in Grand Rapids.  And if you're into Belgian beers and sours, Jolly Pumpkin in Dexter (near Ann Arbor) is a life changer, perhaps my favorite brewery on this planet.  BTW, there is supposed to be a Jolly Pumpkin in Hyde Park Chicago.  

Founders and bells for sure. There’s a few others over there I can’t think of off the top my head

17 hours ago, Magwa said:

we need to get together sometime and have a couple of Kilt lifters.......this cold smoke is maybe even better....

its on my radar.. I would love to meet up sometime. I would like to see your pastime work in person. knives and beers! ....  

I could seriously fuk some shiit up with that - I could cut a Prius in half with that.   It's WAY MORE BADASS than confronting someone with a 3ft Purple Double Headed Jelly Dong.    That thing is the equivalent of a Light Saber - it would just put people in half...   :hail:

LMFAO you guys are the very best the Cream of the crop all this fuss over a rock.....seriously it is the largest piece I ever Made the problem is working a 60 lb slab of rock turning over and over I worked a bit on it every day for about 2 months it is 31 and 1/4 inches long and sold for a very high price I love making the big blades but the stone is very hard to find  without a crack in it...but thank you very much for the support as I get older it is harder to knap the big stuff and my eyes are just not what they used to be ..the T poop got a lot of attention when I went to shows the ladies liked it lol here are a few more large ones...and I found this picture of the big blade while it was being made....

DSC02740 (Medium).JPG

DSC02188 (Medium).JPG

DSC02197 (Medium).JPG

26 minutes ago, sketch said:

id be scared holding that just the weight alone would cut your fingers! very nice craft brother!

FUK that brother - you just go all FULL Caveman Psychotic Gorilla on Meth with that thing, and completely fucking cut bulldings in half with it - with a crazy look in your eyes the whole time...

That's the key - the look in your eyes...   :thumbup::banana:

11 pages into this thread before it was wrecked.  Ran this bitch straight into the ditch,too, hard left and pinned it... 

THIS IS A FUCKING RECORD!!!!   :banana:

No other thread has ever, EVER lived this long, and stayed on topic as far as this one has...   HAD...   :lmao:

Kudos to you, that helped to derail it - you fucking slackers let it go WAY TOO FAR, and should have been on this a longass time ago...   :hail:

This thread serious is THAT record...   Longest without derail...

Longass thread that lived a longass time deserves a longass derailment video, to commemorate it!...  :laffs:

WAAAAAAAIT FOR IT...

16 minutes ago, Magwa said:

Tom you are the funniest Fooker I know that stuff about a light saber damn near crippled me I laughed so hard...If I can get My old A$$ to a shoot I will bring rock and tools and do a teaching class

I am DOWN WITH THAT, BROTHER!!!   :banana:  ALL THE WAY!!!  You don't need a shoot date to get down here and get busy, either brother - ALL THE TIME is your time, and you are always welcome.  Mi casa, su casa.  If you could get down for a scheduled shoot, though, ...

THAT WOULD BE FUCKING EPIC, BROTHER!!!    :hail:

Anytime, and I mean that, and always will.  My home is your home, brother.