• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BEER, Reviews and Opinions

jtallen83

36 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Yes I do drink Coors on a regular basis, however I also drink other beers, but think beer with oatmeal and peanut butter  etc., etc. is double yucky maybe adding some rocky peppermint grape jelly flavor would be better.

Question was : When do you reach the point where  beer is no longer BEER? 

About the time you have watered it down enough that the main ingredients flavor is indiscernible.

Those oatmeal porters are miles closer to what beer historically is than anything InBev puts on your bar.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Yes I do drink Coors on a regular basis, however I also drink other beers, but think beer with oatmeal and peanut butter  etc., etc. is double yucky maybe adding some rocky peppermint grape jelly flavor would be better.

Question was : When do you reach the point where  beer is no longer BEER? 

When you put a coors/bud/miller label on it, my point is if you don’t like anything posted in here why keep posting we get it you’re a grumpy old man and your not interested in these beers.......no reason to keep beating a dead horse 

Edited by shepp

Imperial Golden Nugget DIPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Fruity smell, a little piney dank as well. Orange juice, fresh off the tree orange juice is what comes to mind on the first taste. Very complex, deep flavor, sweet then a little bitter, other tropical notes, even pine peeks out just a bit. Feels thick in the mouth but leaves a crisp clean palate in the end. Almost an oily feel left behind on the lips, like it is oozing hops, a hops orgy. Starting to wonder if hops are addicting, spent stupid money on this bottle but hoping they have a couple more when I go back…………….GOOD BEER :hail:

IMG_1085.thumb.jpg.c10a8852998c1d52042d32e23493d1fd.jpg

9 hours ago, shepp said:

When you put a coors/bud/miller label on it, my point is if you don’t like anything posted in here why keep posting we get it you’re a grumpy old man and your not interested in these beers.......no reason to keep beating a dead horse 

Okay I am old and grumpy and I was burnt out on Yuppy beer when you were just a gleam in your daddy's eye, so just mind your own business and I'll take care of mine. Have a Merry Christmas!

35 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Okay I am old and grumpy and I was burnt out on Yuppy beer when you were just a gleam in your daddy's eye, so just mind your own business and I'll take care of mine. Have a Merry Christmas!

This schit is a bit newer than "yuppy" but get your point, I do really like the beer to the point of embarrassment. Pray tell what flavors and aromas would great me if I choose a Coors? It has been more than a couple decades since I have tried that variety.

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

Yup I’m just a young punk ass kid, but you’re the one coming into a topic you obviously don’t like, or have a clue about. so who’s the one that really sounds like a butt hurt millennial here? You don’t like it don’t comment it’s as easy as that. 

Ill drink blatz, hamms or Schlitz before I’d drink a coors light, I spent most my legal drinking years drinking blatz. Sorry you got burnt on some crap beer. I don’t expect you to like it but I do expect you to respect us on the forum that do, you’ve firmly stated your opinion we get it. 

Merry christmas to you too

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Yup I’m just a young punk ass kid, but you’re the one coming into a topic you obviously don’t like, or have a clue about. so who’s the one that really sounds like a butt hurt millennial here? You don’t like it don’t comment it’s as easy as that. 

Ill drink blatz, hamms or Schlitz before I’d drink a coors light, I spent most my legal drinking years drinking blatz. Sorry you got burnt on some crap beer. I don’t expect you to like it but I do expect you to respect us on the forum that do, you’ve firmly stated your opinion we get it. 

Merry christmas to you too

Hey Shepp guy , No way did I mean to leave the opinion that I didn't like the beer topic, and I don't care if you like to drink  Coors, Bud,  Blatz,  Millers or horse piss, sweet tea, or buttermilk,  whatever makes you happy,  it makes me no difference.

14 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Imperial Golden Nugget DIPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Fruity smell, a little piney dank as well. Orange juice, fresh off the tree orange juice is what comes to mind on the first taste. Very complex, deep flavor, sweet then a little bitter, other tropical notes, even pine peeks out just a bit. Feels thick in the mouth but leaves a crisp clean palate in the end. Almost an oily feel left behind on the lips, like it is oozing hops, a hops orgy. Starting to wonder if hops are addicting, spent stupid money on this bottle but hoping they have a couple more when I go back…………….GOOD BEER :hail:

IMG_1085.thumb.jpg.c10a8852998c1d52042d32e23493d1fd.jpg

Yes, I blame Treehouse for my issues. Them and Greater Good. Now I have a new  one in town owned by a local kid. Good stuff but a little pricey. When I get back from Az I’ll send some to you.

MoZee IPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Has a sweet, tropical fruit aroma but the taste is more on the citrus end. Grapefruit, orange rind, a tart pineapple, some mango and a faint malty sweetness are just a few of the flavors. It is very thick with that light fizzy carbonation and an oily hops finish. Another tasty offering from TG. Found an oak aged IPA from these guys I'm looking forward to. They have released a bunch of aged stouts but they don't seem to be appearing in my area....yet.

IMG_1103.thumb.jpg.c5b869fc46fcaaac8dd5dbf07f238e3e.jpg

Pseudo Sue Mosaic dry hopped IPA from Toppling Goliath Brewing in Decorha Iowa. Has a strong grapefruit aroma, a sweet grapefruit. The taste follows, lots of juicy ripe grapefruit, a little of that pithy dryness. There is a light malty sweetness but it is mostly dry fruity flavors, hard to explain a tropical fruit flavor but still has that dry component. Doesn't feel as thick as it looks but it isn't light by any means. Has a light fizzy carbonation that backs up that pithy dry note. As usual, a fantastic beer from TG.

I notice as it warms a bit the tropical fruit, mango or papaya, starts to assert itself along with that sweet malty note. 

IMG_1108.thumb.jpg.c4140d36a48f3255b248ff252ddd6fb5.jpg

Edited by jtallen83

I get a kick out of some of the descriptions you guy's are writing up.

Some of the best beer I ever drank was in Norway,we used to call it elephant beer.

Stuff was potent enough to put an elephant down.

Redstripe was pretty good but their import sucks.

When we were out in the PI jungle, momasong would show up on her moped.

So if I give the synopsis could someone write this up, for fun of course.

She would usually show up around dusk.

She had Bud, Heineken or some god aweful local PI beer that she used to wash herself out with.

Yeah,she was a full service kinda gal.

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

How damn old are you?... 

57, we did jungle warfare school there.

Funny thing and this is the truth,no one knew where we were so how does a momasong ride a moped out in the middle of nowhere and ply her trade.

I mean we got weighted in, dropped off and was told to find our way home.

Edited by Ravenworks

4 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

Funny thing and this is the truth,no one knew where we were so how does a momasong ride a moped out in the middle of nowhere and ply her trade.

It's just like Korea - they always know where you are, and when you're there.  That's their living, man.