• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Buick Grand National

98Z5V

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

...yet another reason for my wife to hate this forum...

Gorgeous car, wish I could afford it. Or had a place to store it. Or could buy it without having to live in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you're right.  That's why Ford and Chevy can do this so much mo' bettah...   :banana:

Make sure you listen to the numbers he's throwin' out there.  They are real numbers...   :lmao:

http://www.thedrive.com/video/12838/launching-the-2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon

^^^After you watch that embedded vid, make sure you check out Donut...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

So, the $85k 840hp Demon was only to be 3,000 cars.  And they did that, and it's done.

The $65k Hellcat just wasn't enough, though.  707hp.  Pssssssh.  Whatever.

For 2019, Dodge is making the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.  Starts at $71k.  797hp...

Meanwhile, with the other manufacturers...  

Edited by 98Z5V

Chevy is more interested in going around a road course more recently starting with the gen 5 camaro in 2010. The Z06 will wipe the smoke the demon on a track with corners for the same money. The demon is a good straight line machine for sure, but,  a modified camaro or base corvette can beat it for less money. Add a pro charger and goodnight Irene.That doesn’t change the fact mopar made it bad news from the get go......  

as far as trucks go, that’s a whole ‘nother story. Dodge Ram makes a great truck but up here they rot out faster than all others. Ford or Chevy have their own issues. Now manufacturers are collaborating on transmissions and other driveline parts. Toyota Tundras are really nice for a half ton. No one has the perfect answer and the best thing about the auto industry is there is something for everyone.

that said..... I like that they are still trying and we have got choices

1 hour ago, suzukiray said:

And Dirk, any time you are ready I will GLADLY hook a tow strap to the trailer ball of your Duracraps and drag it all over a parking lot with my Cummins!!!

At least you'd be doing something with that truck. It apparently can't make it to AZ and back.....

should i insert tom's crickets chirping here?:lmao:

Crap...my POS ain't gonna do that. And I won't deny that his Cummins would pull my Chevy around.  He was a few hours late getting to my folks place last year. I figured he had to get out and push a few times on the way there. 

18 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Chevy is more interested in going around a road course more recently starting with the gen 5 camaro in 2010. The Z06 will wipe the smoke the demon on a track with corners for the same money. The demon is a good straight line machine for sure, but,  a modified camaro or base corvette can beat it for less money. Add a pro charger and goodnight Irene.That doesn’t change the fact mopar made it bad news from the get go......  

as far as trucks go, that’s a whole ‘nother story. Dodge Ram makes a great truck but up here they rot out faster than all others. Ford or Chevy have their own issues. Now manufacturers are collaborating on transmissions and other driveline parts. Toyota Tundras are really nice for a half ton. No one has the perfect answer and the best thing about the auto industry is there is something for everyone.

that said..... I like that they are still trying and we have got choices

Agree. Corvette man myself. Gave serious thought to a new Grand Sport. Got a house instead, and keeping,the C5. I am thinking of an A and A supercharger. I have heard good reports on them for $4699. Moderate  boost and reprogramming would give me 490-500 hp in a 3,300 pound car. 

The older Rams had a serious rust issue due to their welding techniques. I had one that the wheel wells rotted out. Supposedly they fixed that. My 2015 so far doesn’t have a spot of rust anywhere, including underneath. So we shall see.With that 390 hp Hemi, it isn’t as fast as the Vette, but it isn’t slow.

Edited by Sisco

I'm about ready to get into my truck. I swore I wouldn't touch it until 100000k miles. I'm at 91k on my 05 and I remember back in the day for about $2k I could get into the 600hp and almost 1000lbs of torque. I've got a couple months before I have to hook it up to that dodge....I better get on it. 

I'm doing the transmission on mine next month. Second gear is slipping and I'm nursing it for another 4 weeks till I can get it done. $6K with all billet shafts, converter, drum and pan. Will handle 700 hp & 1200 ft lbs. Then I can start playing with the motor!!! Not bad for a Torqueflite with an overdrive that has gone 187,000 miles behind a 325/610 Cummins. This one is warranted to be the last one I ever have to build for it. I will be happy with 600 hp and 900-1000 ft lbs!! I found a guy locally that does ONLY diesel transmissions and does them CORRECTLY!!! Should be fun!

8 hours ago, DNP said:

I'm about ready to get into my truck. I swore I wouldn't touch it until 100000k miles. I'm at 91k on my 05 and I remember back in the day for about $2k I could get into the 600hp and almost 1000lbs of torque. I've got a couple months before I have to hook it up to that dodge....I better get on it. 

Truck would be a pile of rust up here already

13 minutes ago, DNP said:

Does he play with crappy Chevys too??  I know that and the rear end will be the first two things on the list before I touch the motor. 

Yes, he does all of the diesel transmissions, or in the case of the Allison's, the trannys.