• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock 19 BBQ Build Challenge

Dane Armory

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the first 209 rounds through the 19X this morning - in the rain here, of all things.  Didn't mind it a bit - we need it BAD!  Set two 10" steel plates out at 10 yards and 13 yards.  Working on a short video now, and I'll add it in once it's uploaded...

P1060387.thumb.JPG.925cefbe82c61181004532f6b45236b7.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

FedEx came through...was hoping to shoot tonight, but it'll have to be in the morning. Cycles through dummy rounds fantastically. Might take it to GS tomorrow and get the night sights pressed in. I'll probably let them tune up their trigger. Got a few more small parts to hunt down.  Might switch out the pins to black.  I already picked those up, but I'm going to run a few rounds through it first and see how it functions.

I put the 3lb spring in. It's light, but it's all the way against the back before it clicks...not a pistol guy really, so I don't know if that's right or not. Almost feels like I'm out of room to pull - then click. Reset is super short and very audible. Here she is propped up on a chunk of wood. 

image.jpeg

Edited by DNP

It came out a WHOLE lot better than I ever expected. I hope it shoots well and I'm going to be very happy.  The colors actually worked out ok. I might swap out some of the gold, but the bronze barrel and the gray/FDE combo is sweet. Pic does it zero justice. 

As I was shopping for parts I couldn't help but think, "Why am I buying parts when I own a manufacturing company?"

Then I got to thinking.... "WHY AM I BUILDING SOMEONE ELSE'S PISTOL, AND NOT MY OWN?"

CAD files downloaded. Email sent to my engineer. Lots of notes taken...

FuQ you guys, and get ready for a legit CROM-USA "CR-9mm" striker-fired, Glock Compatible, pistol!!!

6 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

As I was shopping for parts I couldn't help but think, "Why am I buying parts when I own a manufacturing company?"

Then I got to thinking.... "WHY AM I BUILDING SOMEONE ELSE'S PISTOL, AND NOT MY OWN?"

CAD files downloaded. Email sent to my engineer. Lots of notes taken...

FuQ you guys, and get ready for a legit CROM-USA "CR-9mm" striker-fired, Glock Compatible, pistol!!!

When is the pre order?