• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Funny thing happened coming home from work...

98Z5V

So, a funny thing happened on the way home from work yesterday...  Traffic has been increasingly jacked up around here, and I've found alternate ways home.  I've now discovered a way that completely avoids the ONE highway coming into my town, and it cuts through farming areas. The last 7 miles home are almost all dirt road, crisscrossing between farm fields.  At one point, it passes a giant reservoir, which is really a holding area for irrigation of the farm fields.  Pretty sizeable reservoir, though.

I'm always on the lookout going down those dirt roads - gotta keep a sharp eye on everything.  There's alot of wildlife,most of which can dart right out at you.  Gotta be able to avoid them if possible, and NOT swerve, or you'll wind up in an irrigation ditch. It would be pretty rough to give a tow truck driver directions to where you were, if that happened...

So yesterday, I catch something out of the corner of my eye, and I'm moving along about 30~35 mph.  Brake, brake, brake!!!  WHOA!!!  Is that what I thought it was?!!?  Hit reverse, gun it back there - sure as hell was!!!

RS01.thumb.jpg.ed86dbbbbe4a9905f874d07323d79b7f.jpg

RS02.thumb.jpg.7471df14e2d2f12196c3ca6cc94bc97b.jpg

This was a BIG BOY, right here!!!  There were 6 or 7 rattles on him, and he was FAT.  Giant head on this bastard...

I got out, and started getting closer - and he didn't get agggressive in the least.  Didn't coil, didn't rattle, nothing - but he was watching me.  It took me a minute to realize - he struck a bird, was waiting for it to stop moving, and was getting ready to eat.

Once he turned back to his bird, he was committed.  He might have thought I was a threat, but he was more concerned with eating, than me.

RS03.thumb.jpg.49d98a67347b5935e0de59f98e203f36.jpg

RS04.thumb.jpg.090166658f1abc854859fe9813269626.jpg

Once he got that bird on the way in, there was no way it was gonna come back out.  I was safe at that point, and got a little closer...

RS05.thumb.jpg.35a2c492007698efb924c60455d8bf97.jpg

I apparently got too close for his comfort - and he couldn't do shiit about it - so he coiled up over his meal, to protect it.  I certainly wasn't gonna fight him for it, that's for damn sure...

RS06.thumb.jpg.82f54e7413495d79bd60f9f183fc7cc4.jpg

RS07.thumb.jpg.6d46a8ec56a09c57645dd98a15db61e7.jpg

Interesting ride home yesterday...  Welcome to the desert...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

46 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I noticed that you posed with the massive snake coming out from between your legs.  I'm sure that was just an accident. :lmao:

I KNEW someone would notice!  Why does it not surprise me that it was you?...   :laffs:

We've got some big pu$$yroaming around near our place right now. This was just over the hill from us. My mom heard it two nights ago, someone just posted this today. 

image.jpeg

Edited by DNP
Stupid filter.

4 hours ago, DNP said:

We've got some big pu$$yroaming around near our place right now. This was just over the hill from us. My mom heard it two nights ago, someone just posted this today. 

image.jpeg

That's some pu$$y that will just wreck you, right there.  I like how that chick tagged it "beautiful" and "majestic."  She must not have kids.  I wouldn't want that thing anywhere near any housing areas, no way in hell.

I ate some once, cooked over a camp fire,  back when the NRA Whittington Ranch was a primitive camping area, it didn't really taste like chicken. Quite bony and greasy. Would kill one and eat it if I really needed to eat something........

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's some pu$$y that will just wreck you, right there.  I like how that chick tagged it "beautiful" and "majestic."  She must not have kids.  I wouldn't want that thing anywhere near any housing areas, no way in hell.

That’s tacticat on Russian supplements!!!! 

7 hours ago, DNP said:

It was less than a couple thousand feet away. If it's seen on our property it's toast. You're allowed to shoot it if you have small children and livestock. Ask questions later...I feared for my 3 year old....

Kids? Mother fucker will try eatting you!!!

i heard a theory one why woman get attacked more by them. Most girls run with their hair in a pony tail, just like waving a string infornt of your house cat the lion gets fixated on the pony tail bouncing around/running away like pray would and bam you dead!

Wild animals are just that. Wild. Shoot first....talk later. I don't trust anything with two legs. You think I'm gonna trust the instincts of anything with more than two legs? And all those ones with no legs that are slithering around.......they're nothing but shotgun fodder in my eyes.

Actually I trust a lot of things on two legs less then I trust four leggers. We have a few cougars, a bunch of bears and other critters. Cougars are the worst as far as a threat to humans. Bears have to be sick or rabid, to be a threat for the most part. 

27 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Actually I trust a lot of things on two legs less then I trust four leggers. We have a few cougars, a bunch of bears and other critters. Cougars are the worst as far as a threat to humans. Bears have to be sick or rabid, to be a threat for the most part. 

I agree humans are a lot more shifty, been with in ten feet of three bears that I know of, they def didn’t wanna stick around

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Cougars are the worst as far as a threat to humans.

I agree, shepp.  As well, I've had too many close calls with cougars, and I CAN say they won't hesitate to kill men...   :thumbup::laffs: