• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Sign in to follow this  
survivalshop

GWLA M14 build

When I did my wood, Drew was very impressed with it - it was alot darker than he expected...   :lmao:  You can find that quote somewhere in these gallows...   :laffs:

Ted Brown is one of the best M14 Smiths out there . 

I have to order some Brown Carbon Fiber to make a HG for this one . I'm in the process of making new molds for the HG's , my experimental ones are pretty beat up . I still need a few Parts , the two biggest are the Op Rod & Gas Cylinder .

DSCN3409.JPG

DSCN3410.JPG

DSCN3413.JPG

DSCN3411.JPG

DSCN3412.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

Ordered a Unitized Gas Cylinder from Brownells today , its a SAI GC & not a USGI , but I wanted a new manufactured one , not a used one & I know several that are using them & are working great . $ 93 to my door . Op Rod & some small parts & she be done , I have a new in the wrapper USGI Gas Piston & a used one , for it already .

857270410_unitixedM14gascylinder.jpg.42457cb9328141628ca1ec3d6dd12e37.jpg

Waiting for the the Lock & Plug , any day now, surprised me with the made in USA sticker from SAI  . I did find one thing thats kinda a hassle , to install or remove the Gas Piston , I have to remove the Flash Suppressor , because of the shorter then std Barrel . 

DSCN3445.thumb.JPG.c3aa55986667d0c8c0bcc265502585dc.JPG

I can't wait for this beast to be in action.  This has been a work-of-art in progress, brother.  Unreal...  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I can't wait for this beast to be in action.  This has been a work-of-art in progress, brother.  Unreal...  :hail:

Ya know what's funny , I had planed on it being done by Christmas & I just might make it . Having a year long build & have it done by my intended date , never happens with me , there is always something to screw it up , most always $$$$$. I also got the Gas Cylinder Lock & Plug installed , also I installed the Op Rod Guide on the Barrel & thought I needed to relieve the Stock , but she fits like a glove in there , a pleasant surprise .

The OP Rod should be here today & hopefully the Op Rod Spring & a $1 pin for the Connector Pin was shipped last week , Tree Line uses snail mail for small parts .

This is good that its done , I have a bunch or AR's waiting to build , that were set aside for this project.😎