• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

If you ARE NOT Handicapped...

98Z5V

Yeah.  If you ARE NOT Handicapped, don't park in a Handicapped parking space...  It's sad that it's come to gunfire, but damn.  It came to violence over that. 

I hate how they're "clouding over" this.  Don't park in a Handicapped parking space, if you're not Handicapped. "Being Lazy" doesn't Entitle you to that.  Walk your as$ to the door...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/22/florida-sheriff-says-stand-your-ground-law-prevents-arrest-in-fatal-shooting-in-parking-spot-dispute.html

Florida sheriff says 'Stand Your Ground' law prevents arrest in fatal shooting in parking spot dispute

A Florida sheriff says the state’s “Stand Your Ground” law prevents the arrest of a man who fatally shot another man last week during an argument over a handicapped parking spot.

Markeis McGlockton, 28, shoved Michael Drejka, 47, to the ground during the argument Thursday at a Clearwater convenience store and then was shot and killed when Drejka, from a sitting position, pulled out a gun he legally owned and opened fire, shooting McGlockton once in the chest.

“He told deputies that he had to shoot to defend himself. Those are the facts and that’s the law," Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said, according to WFTS-TV. “No matter how you slice it or dice it that was a violent push to the ground.”

Gualtieri announced Drejka had been cleared Friday. His decision led to a small protest at the store Saturday, Fox 13 Tampa reported. The State Attorney General could still make an arrest.

Fox 13 on Friday aired surveillance video showing the shooting and the moments leading up to it.

The station quoted Gualtieri as saying the facts were clear: McGlockton violently shoved Drejka to the ground and Drejka feared for his life. Because of that, he was covered under "Stand Your Ground.”

McGlockton, of Clearwater, shoved Drejka after he came out of the store and saw Drejka arguing with his girlfriend Britany Jacobs, 25, who was parked in the handicapped parking spot. 

Drejka, also of Clearwater, confronted her because she didn’t have a permit to legally park there, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

McGlockton had gone inside to purchase snacks and sodas with their 5-year-old son, according to the paper. Jacobs was waiting for him in their car with their two other children, a 4-month-old and a 3-year-old.

Jacobs told WFTS that Drejka was getting away with murder.

“How is this 'Stand Your Ground' law?" she asked. "It’s not! Markeis pushed him, how does that justify a bullet?”

The Tampa Bay Times reported interviewing Rick Kelly, 31, who said that two months ago he was at the store and parked in the same handicapped spot. He said he saw Drejka walking around his vehicle checking to see if he had a permit, which he didn’t.

He said that during the ensuing argument Drejka threatened to shoot him.

"It’s a repeat,” Kelly told the paper. “It happened to me the first time. The second time it’s happening, someone’s life got taken. He provoked that."

That doesn’t matter, Gualtieri told reporters when he announced that Drejka wouldn’t be charged.

“What’s relevant is not whether this guy’s a good guy, nice guy, or whether he’s a jerk, or whether he’s a thorn in people’s side and what he’s done, whether it’s three weeks ago, three months ago or three years ago,” the sheriff said. “What’s relevant and the only thing we can look at here is was he in fear of further bodily harm.”

Here's the video:

One this is for sure , the dead guy will not be pushing anyone around any more . I have always said , if I pull my firearm , its going to spit lead , that was a violent push & more violence probably would have followed . I try not to back seat these shootings , but street wise , he probably knew he was going to be attacked again & you never know what someone is carrying or what they will do . Too bad its going to start a $hit storm , the Commie propaganda wing loves to promote $hit storms .

He did shove the guy hard but then didn't make another advance. That guy WILL be charged, eventually, for something. And for the record, it PISSES me off to see fat a$$ed lazy people parking in handicapped stalls when we have so many wounded veterans that PAID for those spots!!! Honestly, I dont see that as a righteous shoot. The guy was turning AWAY when he got shot.

I don’t know if I could say I would do things differently, if I were placed in the EXACT same circumstance. A handicap man is violently assaulted by a much younger, and much larger, physically fit man. 

If the handicap man was quicker on the draw, and shot the still advancing assailant, this wouldn’t be debated. Fact is, he was basically “sucker punched” and reacted out of fear. Which is the only necessary element to respond with lethal force.

in Cuckifornia the CCW, junior lawyer, idiots are voiding their bowels over this. In their domesticated brains they are calllng for criminal charges and supporting prosecution.

Our case is, and always has been, “an armed society is a peaceful society”. If this school of thought was more recognized, then perhaps more people wouldn’t be so quick to initiate with physical violence. If every azzhole thought that every victim was potentially armed, and the law was designed to protect the person in fear, then the propensity for violence either disappears or the offenders are eventually eliminated. 

Total mixed emotions on that one as likely both participants are a$$holes.  I think legally he is covered, but bet he loses his shirt in civil. Agree with Robo...if the thought of that outcome was in the assaulting party's head...the shove wouldn't have happened and he'd still be upright today. Bad decisions have consequences, he met his. 

18 minutes ago, DNP said:

Total mixed emotions on that one as likely both participants are a$$holes.  I think legally he is covered, but bet he loses his shirt in civil. 

Agree. My first reaction was to call it a bad shoot, but watching it over and over i can see some justification. Both assholes for sure. Glad im not on that jury. 

47 minutes ago, DNP said:

Total mixed emotions on that one as likely both participants are a$$holes.  I think legally he is covered, but bet he loses his shirt in civil. Agree with Robo...if the thought of that outcome was in the assaulting party's head...the shove wouldn't have happened and he'd still be upright today. Bad decisions have consequences, he met his. 

People get VERY vigilant over handicap spots. My grandpa was a double above the knee amputee, so I always respect the fact and was raised not to be a d bag. Fast forward to my 20’s my best friend became a below the knee amputee. In 07 or 08 we stopped at a gas station in Indiana, he pulled into a handicap space and “ran” inside to take a piss, I dug around in the cooler and went to get back in the van when I was sternly aproched by a man in his 50’s chalanging my ability and not being handicap dude automatically assumed I was one of these lazy assholes,  when I defensively told him about my grandpa told him I have the utmost respect and that he should take in consideration (me standing on the passanger side) that maybe my friend driving mighta been a pirate? He backed off and apologized.

but I could totally see a couple of assholes butting heads. One guys a lazy POS,  The other is some Johnny do right character who thinks he was put on earth the right the worlds wrongs.  

Had the guy contacted authorities instead of starting an argument with the driver, none of us would be having this conversation. That, and the delay in the shot fired are what's going to eat him alive in civil. He definitely has the right to tell the driver they're and a$$hole, but sometimes you pick a fight not thinking it through. In the same thoughts as "an armed society is a polite society"...he may have thought differently. Or, as stated in the article he is a bit of a bully with that gun on his hip and has threatened to shoot  at least one other in an argument before. Still side with not arresting as he was not the physical aggressor. Stupid to start the argument, but he didn't throw the first blow. 

42 minutes ago, DNP said:

Had the guy contacted authorities instead of starting an argument with the driver, none of us would be having this conversation. That, and the delay in the shot fired are what's going to eat him alive in civil. He definitely has the right to tell the driver they're and a$$hole, but sometimes you pick a fight not thinking it through. In the same thoughts as "an armed society is a polite society"...he may have thought differently. Or, as stated in the article he is a bit of a bully with that gun on his hip and has threatened to shoot  at least one other in an argument before. Still side with not arresting as he was not the physical aggressor. Stupid to start the argument, but he didn't throw the first blow. 

For sure instead of liquid confidence he may have had armed confindance. And agree some times things are left unsaid, don’t want shit to get real don’t open your mouth. a shove to the ground doesn’t justify drawing your weapon, get your old ass up and fight the fight you incited weather right or wrong the guy shoved him to the ground he wasn’t following thru, his life wasn’t in danger put your fucking fists  up and fight back or walk away 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

For sure instead of liquid confidence he may have had armed confindance. And agree some times things are left unsaid, don’t want poop to get real don’t open your mouth. a shove to the ground doesn’t justify drawing your weapon, get your old ass up and fight the fight you incited weather right or wrong the guy shoved him to the ground he wasn’t following thru, his life wasn’t in danger put your fucking fists  up and fight back or walk away 

None of us know what the assailant was going to do next ( & thats what he was , an assailant ) , he did not back off or put his hands up , as if to say , ok its cool , I shouldn't have pushed you , he stood his ground waiting for the guy he just assaulted to try to get back up . I'm not sure how many street fights or gang fights you guys have been in , but I can pretty much bet , if the guy just tried to get up , he would have been assaulted again & thats from experience I have witnessed & been in . 

You just don't threaten others with a firearm , if you pull it , you better be ready to use it . He will get sued , no doubt , but Florida's, stand your ground law ,has some teeth in favor of the Victim ( the shooter ) because he was in fear for his life , so any suit may not go far . I love Florida .

Edited by survivalshop

4 hours ago, survivalshop said:

None of us know what the assailant was going to do next ( & thats what he was , an assailant ) , he did not back off or put his hands up , as if to say , ok its cool , I shouldn't have pushed you , he stood his ground waiting for the guy he just assaulted to try to get back up . I'm not sure how many street fights or gang fights you guys have been in , but I can pretty much bet , if the guy just tried to get up , he would have been assaulted again & thats from experience I have witnessed & been in . 

You just don't threaten others with a firearm , if you pull it , you better be ready to use it . He will get sued , no doubt , but Florida's, stand your ground law ,has some teeth in favor of the Victim ( the shooter ) because he was in fear for his life , so any suit may not go far . I love Florida .

Where was his life in danger? I guess I’m going off how I was taught and drilled on ccw, I was taught very fucking last resort.....

bottom line he put him self in that situation, if I came out and saw some guy jawinging at my girl i don’t think I’d push him but you bet your ass is be in his face, is that grounds to shoot me? 

Also there’s no gang there I see it one on one with a by stander. 

Neither of them are right now a guys dead and his kids were witness

27 minutes ago, shepp said:

Where was his life in danger? I guess I’m going off how I was taught and drilled on ccw, I was taught very fucking last resort.....

bottom line he put him self in that situation, if I came out and saw some guy jawinging at my girl i don’t think I’d push him but you bet your ass is be in his face, is that grounds to shoot me?

When it turned to physical violence, that's when it all changed.  Doesn't matter how much posturing, mouth-running, etc.   As soon as it turned to physical violence, it changed the entire dynamic of that confrontation. 

Edited by 98Z5V

30 minutes ago, shepp said:

Also there’s no gang there I see it one on one with a by stander. 

Neither of them are right now a guys dead and his kids were witness

Never said there was a gang there , it was in reference to a gang fight , ever been in one ?

8 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Never said there was a gang there , it was in reference to a gang fight , ever been in one ?

I’ve been in a dirty ass fight if that’s what your referring to yes 

a gang to me is a group 

Edited by shepp

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

When it turned to physical violence, that's when it all changed.  Doesn't matter how much posturing, mouth-running, etc.   As soon as it turned to physical violence, it changed the entire dynamic of that confrontation. 

I look at it this way and this is purely sepeculation and my opinion.

had he been unarmed woulda he played Johnny hard ass to some kids half his age probably not

Shoulda he been pushed to the ground? No

again my asssment was he in danger while on the ground? No I don’t think he gave it enough thought he just pulled his gun.

if that guy wanted to violantly attack him he woulda followed thru, I took it as a get the fuck out here 

End of the day a guys dead that don’t need to be, All over somthing really stupid 

34 minutes ago, shepp said:

I look at it this way and this is purely sepeculation and my opinion.

had he been unarmed woulda he played Johnny hard ass to some kids half his age probably not

Shoulda he been pushed to the ground? No

again my asssment was he in danger while on the ground? No I don’t think he gave it enough thought he just pulled his gun.

if that guy wanted to violantly attack him he woulda followed thru, I took it as a get the fornicate out here 

End of the day a guys dead that don’t need to be, All over somthing really stupid 

don't get me wrong but the moment that there was enough contact to push him to the ground that is where reactive violence is warranted, and why would you be armed unless that is going to be your response to violence enacted on you?  If I am on the ground then it will be my response to answer your strong arm tactic with my form of violent force...Bang! and maybe another Bang!

23 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

don't get me wrong but the moment that there was enough contact to push him to the ground that is where reactive violence is warranted, and why would you be armed unless that is going to be your response to violence enacted on you?  If I am on the ground then it will be my response to answer your strong arm tactic with my form of violent force...Bang! and maybe another Bang!

At your age I agree.

But just cuz some guy pushes another able bodied guy to the ground that gives you the right to take a life? I guess I think if 10 sec ago you were bad ass enough to bark in someone’s face cuz they were in the wrong and then got pushed to the ground you should stand your bad ass and fight aor access the situation alil better

Edited by shepp

^^^  That's what this whole thing is about, brother.  The Gun Is Civilization.

http://www.virtualtacticalacademy.com/files/the_gun_is_civilization.pdf

"The Gun Is Civilization"

By Maj. L.

Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.  If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100 - pound woman on equal footing with a 220 - pound mugger, a 75 - year old retiree on equal footing with a 19 - year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society. But, a firearm makes it easier for an armed mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat - it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force, watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier, works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply would not work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation.

And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act !!

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

10 hours ago, shepp said:

At your age I agree.

But just cuz some guy pushes another able bodied guy to the ground that gives you the right to take a life? I guess I think if 10 sec ago you were bad ass enough to bark in someone’s face cuz they were in the wrong and then got pushed to the ground you should stand your bad ass and fight aor access the situation alil better

At your age I agree

Actually age has never been a factor, The violent aggression is the factor!

The gun is the answer to the violent aggression, It does not necessarily have to be fired to counter the aggression, if the aggressor smart and the victim is not so fearful the  presence  of the gun is enough to stop the attack.

Edited by mrmackc

49 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

The gun is the answer to the violent aggression, It does not necessarily have to be fired to counter the aggression, if the aggressor smart and the victim is not so fearful the  presence  of the gun is enough to stop the attack. 

I agree with this, as long as we remember that you have to be ready, willing, and able to effectively USE that gun if necessary. Simply carrying it and showing it is not a guarantee of effectiveness. I know you didn't say that it was, I just think it's something that needs to be said.

As far him being able bodied , he looked like he was hurt & couldn't get up & the video stops at that point or adrenaline stopped flowing & usually exhaustion type symptoms follow . This is just like all the LE shootings that you only see the shooting & nothing before or after to see the whole story .

“He felt, after being slammed to the ground, that the next thing was that he was going to be further attacked by McGlockton,” Gualtieri said, adding that the time between Drejka hitting the ground and shooting was about four to five seconds.