• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Comparing Short .308 Buffers

98Z5V

2 hours ago, sketch said:

welcome bro. this buffer is actually to short to run in my rra .308. i had bcg bashing but didnt know it for a few hundred rounds and then learned about it here. i reinstalled the original buffer and spring. no more bashing. rifle runs fine. i havent shot the beast in over 2 years and thought i might sell it. but who does that!?

id be curious if this length is the same from when i bought it in 2014?  i have to measure my tube next.. silly rra?

tube is 8"

og buffer is 3-1/8"

weight is 61.35 g. or 2.164 oz

Anybody gonna ask why Sketch only had a scale that handles grams?

1 hour ago, sketch said:

kinda whish i knew then what 98 taught me now when i purchased the buffer! but its learning something new from this site and brothers that make this awesome! 

That receiver extension length (internal depth) had to change at some point brother.  I'm betting they had something WAY shorter on those guns before, and changed because something wasn't working right. Probably the only reason you could GET them working right before was because of a Slash buffer - and they changed something in that extension...

6 minutes ago, DNP said:

Anybody gonna ask why Sketch only had a scale that handles grams?

Hey now, mine measures grams, or ounces.  I choose to present the ounces, because of you bastards...   :laffs::banana:

@Armed Eye Doc, don't shoot your RRA again until the Fall Shoot.  Bring that thing with you, and I'll have a buffer for you, too. I wanna look at that gun... :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

That receiver extension length (internal depth) had to change at some point brother.  I'm betting they had something WAY shorter on those guns before, and changed because something wasn't working right. Probably the only reason you could GET them working right before was because of a Slash buffer - and they changed something in that extension...

Hey now, mine measures grams, or ounces.  I choose to present the ounces, because of you bastards...   :laffs::banana:

possibly but it worked fine before the buffer mod.. 

its grains or grams. not lbs! i converted to oz. for sake of the thread. silly cali !?

2 minutes ago, sketch said:

possibly but it worked fine before the buffer mod..

It'll work better once I up the weight and get the length at what you need.  I've got the numbers, now.  This isn't gonna be difficult. :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

12 minutes ago, sketch said:

wheres my pom frons slacker! ?

I'll get a picture of those bastards in the light, in the morning.  I don't know if I have a box big enough for them!  PM me your shipping addy - I have two for you, I think. I don't know...

EDIT  - Oh, I have 5 or 6 new ones I can cut, too...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V