• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Meanwhile, those Cali straws...

98Z5V

All those straws in Cali that are clogging up the ocean - what was it, 500 MILLION a day, or something?...   All up the West Coast, there's laws either in place, or ongoing, to ban plastic straws...  Because, we Americans are killing everything in the ocean with our 500 MILLION plastic straws a DAY that go into the ocean...

Just take a look at this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/14/waves-garbage-crash-ashore-in-stunning-footage.html

I'll pull a quote directly out of that article:

According to a report from Ocean Conservancy, five Asian countries—China, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam—are dumping more plastic into the oceans than the rest of the world combined.

Edited by 98Z5V

Exactly.  Well done, my brother.  :thumbup:

Here's some "official-sounding place" stating my numbers - that I got from all the bullshiit news media, that started from a KID...

https://nerc.org/news-and-updates/blog/nerc-blog/2018/02/20/500-million-each-day?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIodbU_qXu3AIVi79kCh3RFwDXEAAYASAAEgLKD_D_BwE

Meet that KID...

http://time.com/money/5343736/how-many-plastic-straws-used-every-day/

Edited by 98Z5V

Yep, but just like knee jerk reactions to any other situation we encounter...how do you argue "if it saves just one fish..."  Lol. 

Maybe a recycling and awareness program would be more appropriate. No. We'll just ban them and then move on to the next item to ban. Pretty soon if it isn't made out of hemp, you won't be able to own it. 

I'm wondering how we solve our rubber problem. You know all that rubber that wears off your car tires...where does it go?  Tires are next on the list. I'll see what I can do to drum up some support. 

Next are nail clippings. Most people have 20 nails. Multiply those trimmings out by all the people in the world...we gotta stop this. We'll have to declaw all babies at birth. 

See...simple solutions to solve the worlds problems...it so easy. 

6 hours ago, Sisco said:

Plus they harvest over half of all fish caught in all the oceans.

That right there is something to be concerned about instead of dreamed up world ending straw theory. Bastards sit right off our shores harvesting fish that our fisherman can't touch due to regulation, and dam it I love seafood.........

On 8/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, DNP said:

Next are nail clippings. Most people have 20 nails. Multiply those trimmings out by all the people in the world...we gotta stop this. We'll have to declaw all babies at birth. 

Nope, contact lenses! Heard them bemoaning all the contact lenses that are flushed and how they muck up everything on CBS news. And of course usa today had an article;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/08/19/flushing-your-contact-lenses-down-drain-adding-plastic-waste-oceans/1020256002/

47 minutes ago, sketch said:

isnt the " happy birthday" song banned already. why do people get older in cali? the heads of state think like children! 

Speaking of California, and Children - here's the new one.  I kid you not.  Water, or unflavored milk.  Nothing else, in Cali, for kids... 

California bill seeks to ban sugary drinks from kids' menus

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/08/20/california-bill-seeks-to-ban-sugary-drinks-from-kids-menus.html

California lawmakers are looking to pass a bill that would require restaurants to serve only water or unflavored milk with kids' meals in hopes of combating obesity and other diseases linked to sugar consumption.

Senate Bill 1192 passed the Assembly on Thursday but still requires one more vote before being signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown.

The bill doesn’t outright ban sugary beverages and would still allow customer to request alternative options, like soda and juice, the Modesto Bee reports.

Supporters of the bill argue the importance of providing healthy options to children.

“Kids’ meals shouldn’t come with a side order of diabetes, obesity or cardiovascular disease,” said Assemblyman Kevin McCarty, D-Sacramento.

However, critics argue it’s up to parents to make those choices, not the government.

“Seriously, like, what’s next?” Assemblyman Matthew Harper, R-Huntington Beach, said. “Are we going to insist that you have to have kale in your salad unless you specifically ask otherwise?”

In July, Baltimore became the biggest U.S. city and first on the East Coast to pass a similar ordinance, barring restaurants from serving unhealthy sugary beverages with kids’ meals and instead opting for milk, 100 percent fruit juices, water, and flavored or sparkling water without added sweeteners.

Baltimore restaurants that don't comply with the ordinance will be faced with a $100 penalty.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

The more stupid, controlling-the-public laws that that place makes, the more people leave that state.

However, comma, pause for effect...  out of all the ones that DO leave, most of them are the WRONG ones. 

They move somewhere else, and feel that it's NOW THEIR CHANCE to control people...   They gradually turn their "new home" right back into California.

Examples: Moving north, it's Oregon and Washington.  Idaho, I hope, won't be afflicted by this.

Moving east - they LOVE east.  They've wrecked Phoenix and Tucson, in AZ.  Wrecked it.  They also love a few places in Colorado- Boulder, Denver, Durango, etc... Colorado is a write-off now, and that is sad.  What a beautiful state.

Tejas.  Let's talk about Tejas.  San Antonio is a liberal wasteland now.  The River Walk sucked them all in from Cali.  Austin?  What a liberal joke that has become.  Dallas and Houston are also suffering.

The problem here is that the super-hardcore Liberals (die hard liberals in Cali) alienate some of the people there.  Those people leave,and then want their own piece of control.

My question is simple...  If it sucked bad enough for you to leave, why the hell would you want to recreate that someplace else?...   :bitchslap:

Don't get me started on the east coast...

Edited by 98Z5V

47 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Tejas.  Let's talk about Tejas.  San Antonio is a liberal wasteland now.  The River Walk sucked them all in from Cali.  Austin?  What a liberal joke that has become.  Dallas and Houston are also suffering.

Sadly, I agree with this completely.  Who would have thought 2 years ago that an incumbent  Rep Senator would be within the margin of error of the Dem candidate?  It's hard to know if Cruz was wounded in the presidential election or if the Dems are just running a better campaign.  They have out-raised Cruz 2-1 in donations if I correctly recall what I heard on the radio earlier today. 

If Texas turns Democrat, I think the country as a whole will be screwed.  There will be little to stop the Democrats with 3 of 4 of the most populous states voting with them.

Susan got this shirt for me on my birthday.  I wear it as frequently as possible. 

20180820_230627.thumb.jpg.02834412a62e64f2b6b2853664b9ec99.jpg

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

Yeah, once again. Not surprised. But on the good side, my daughter is about to move to just outside the Houston area. So we'll have yet one more that's against the weirdo, history changing bastards that want to change you're great upstanding state. AND......her and Susan can get together more often to make fun of me. :lmao:

16 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

AND......her and Susan can get together more often to make fun of me. :lmao:

Let's just dispense with the bullshiit and anticipation, and get right to it. We can do that right here, brother...  :laffs::banana:

33 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Yeah. Unfortunately, douchebags are selling their homes in Cali for ungodly prices and moving to the free states. Only to bring their bull$hit views and opinions with them.

As usual........the cancer spreads.

This is what's doing it, right here.  This really is the bottom line. 

They sell a 1000sq/ft place for 680,000, that's half falling apart.  Someone buys it.

They buy a 227k place here in Phx, have 400k in the bank, pay it off, and they're now bajillionaire as$holes that can tell everyone else what to do, what to think, etc... 

It wrecks every other place...   It's the attitude that they bring, because they're now important...

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

This is what's doing it, right here.  This really is the bottom line. 

They sell a 1000sq/ft place for 680,000, that's half falling apart.  Someone buys it.

They buy a 227k place here in Phx, have 400k in the bank, pay it off, and they're now bajillionaire as$holes that can tell everyone else what to do, what to think, etc... 

It wrecks every other place...   It's the attitude that they bring, because they're now important...

That's spot FUKIN on my man! That's exactly how that cancer is spreading. AND......as usual........people SUCK!

I watched it go down, personally, my brother.

I ran a military school down here in AZ, 2004-2006.  In 2005, my Chief Instructor retired.  His mother recently passed away.  Her house was his, and it was alot bigger than his. He dicided to sell his house, and move into mom's house.    He put his house up for sale on a Sunday.  On Monday morning, there was some lady that showed UP AT HIS HOUSE, offering his full asking price (which he WAY over-inflated).  He was talking to her out in front of his house, when someone else from Cali showed up in front of his house...  And offered more... 

Being the honest military guy that he was, he told the second arrival to piss off, because a deal had already been reached.

He got WAY more for his house that he thought he was gonna get - and that's why he set the price at what he did, then.  He knew he'd get beat down, and make less...   Some Cali recent-bajillionaire just happened to show up, and give him all of it...

He sold his house in less than 24 hours, to a Cali implant, that had to get out of Cali. I hope they haven't spread that liberal disease to Sierra Vista, and the Fort Huachuca community...  That just poisons the rest of the AZ statehood...

Edited by 98Z5V