• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New fella from Montana

leadtag101

22 minutes ago, Hey-Who said:

Nope, not at all to burn anyone or anything. just saw the topic and I didn't actually realize it was so old...pretty new to the site. I am actually happy with the Gen II so far, no problems, shoots well.

Ok, good. welcome again while your in here start a new topic and tell us about yourself 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, 98Z5V said:

I just went through this with a PSA large-frame complete upper receiver that I was fixing for a member here. It WOULD NOT match up with an Aero Precision lower receiver.

Please list all the different uppers that worked with your PSA Gen 2 lower, because I've found that their uppers and lowers are not compatible with other receivers...

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

@Hey-Who I like how you dodged my question on your claim.  Why don't you answer that one?...

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@Hey-Who I like how you dodged my question on your claim.  Why don't you answer that one?...

Hi,

Missed your question man, it's okay, I am not dodging you. I have tried 2 and both worked, 1 is from my DPMS and the other one hmmm what is the name of it, it's an OEM, Alex something. Trust me, I did feel like I was rolling the dice but the sale was very good and I thought it was worth a try and luckily she was all good.

15 hours ago, Hey-Who said:

Hi,

Missed your question man, it's okay, I am not dodging you. I have tried 2 and both worked, 1 is from my DPMS and the other one hmmm what is the name of it, it's an OEM, Alex something. Trust me, I did feel like I was rolling the dice but the sale was very good and I thought it was worth a try and luckily she was all good.

Those are both DPMS-based in their platforms, as is Aero Precision.  There is NO WAY I could get a PSA PA-10 Gen 2 upper to mate to an Aero Precision M5 lower receiver.  No way.

So, I'd like to see pics of your PSA PA-10 Gen 2 mated to anything DPMS-based.  Anything.  Thanks in advance for the pics.

2 hours ago, Hey-Who said:

Is your PSA-10 possibly out of spec or anything like that by chance? I will try to get some pics to you in the next day or so. I know you don't believe me but it is true. I have no reason to lie about it, nothing at all to gain. And my DPMS LR308 is a few years old if that matters at all.

It’s not his PA10 but another forum member who owns one that needed a remedy. While 98 had it he tried out and measured the weapon to see its compatibility with other manufacturers for info to put on here. What you are telling us contradicts, not saying you’re wrong, what he found first hand. 

9 hours ago, Hey-Who said:

My PSA-P10 with 2 DPMS style Uppers.

DPMS Upper.jpg

Alex Pro Upper.jpg

48 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

And you have shot it in these configurations?

Let’s not highjack leads thread, and start a new thread. but I’d like to see like to see some pictures closers, from what i think I can see in the picture it looks like your fit between upper in lower is extremely off