• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cooking gadgets

shepp

Figure this will clear some clutter in the grilling thread

I tested my probs on my old maverick thermometer the other night and they’re way off.

think with the grill being on WiFi (it only has one meat prob) I’m gonna get a WiFi temp monitor too, always nice to have more temp data to compare to. @Toolndie7 also teased me with his set up on his green egg the other day so I gotta keep up with the Jones. 

Think this will be my birthday present this year

https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboard-fbx11-thermometer/

https://amazingribs.com/thermometers/fireboard-fbx11-review

Edited by shepp

13 minutes ago, washguy said:

you are $hittin me? 200 bills for an effin thermo meter....lol  you ate some tainted meat I bet...got me a webber for 29 bills werkin fine...hahaaa....like they say whatever flips your trigger    :thumbup:    Wash

My 29$ thermometer when thru probs like rolls of toilet paper, cuz they were JUNK. 

Prob on my grill is junk already too

12 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I got given a folding digital probe that is accurate + or - 5 degrees as far as I can tell. Five years old, going strong.

Hell yeah !   but Shepp 's right on the gmg probe not working,,,,they never have never will.....that's my one and only bitch      Ive been using a rectal thermometer with pretty good results!   :laffs:   Wash

1 minute ago, washguy said:

Hell yeah !   but Shepp 's right on the gmg probe not working,,,,they never have never will.....that's my one and only bitch      Ive been using a rectal thermometer with pretty good results!   :laffs:   Wash

That is the thermometer of choice for rump roasts.?

8 hours ago, washguy said:

So you talked me into a grill that has WiFi (extra 100$) that I can motitor my goings on from my phone, so why not a an extra 100 thermometer too?? Way more than “just a thermometer” too. I can set alarms in it, run six probs and some other stuff

. ?‍♂️Not your money ?

Edited by shepp

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

That is the thermometer of choice for rump roasts.?

And Pork Butts     :thumbup:   Wash

You are right Shepp.... you got me on all counts......yes the gmg probe has never worked right on the money.....AND its your money too.....please accept my humble apology  ...:thumbup:..Wash