• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cooking gadgets

shepp

• 7 months later...

Buddy of mine has been watching this company grillgrates.com on Instagram. Last week he text my and said hey they’re running a 10% off sale, they usually don’t do sales, I read some reviews and for pellet grills they were great. I ordered the ones they suggested for my GMG and got them last week. Last night I did my weeks lunch Tri tip (reverse sear) then a ribeye. The ribeye was probably the best steak I’ve done since I got my pellet grill if not ever. Tri tip was really good too, better than finishing in the broiler. Tonight I picked up some 1” thick chops and got all fancy so far I’m really liking it. Set at 500 I’m getting 550-600 on the grates acording to my infected temp gun 

5B91C53C-5163-41B3-833D-CE40E65BE12C.jpeg

822ECC17-50E5-4AC9-8D9C-9DE4456B8A37.jpeg

7C278FCB-1416-4032-961E-7FCAA17B5830.jpeg

7C5129B6-E281-4FEE-82F0-4E6E3B41BE23.jpeg

6C957426-EC3E-4E35-8CE7-3B4D0617EED9.jpeg

Edited by shepp

They look a lot like the infrared plates on my Char Broil. Which actually work. First time I have gotten a propane grill to 550F. Have started to do reverse sear out of necessity down here due to limited equipment. But actually works quite well.

Looking good Shepp!:thumbup:

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

They look a lot like the infrared plates on my Char Broil. Which actually work. First time I have gotten a propane grill to 550F. Have started to do reverse sear out of necessity down here due to limited equipment. But actually works quite well.

Looking good Shepp!:thumbup:

Reverse sear on thick cuts is great. I took that Tri tip too 117° Internal, smoker running 225° the plates took longer to heat than I expected but once I got them back to 550° it had dropped to 202 on the thermometer I seared it. 4-5 min each side and it turned out med rare which is fine cuz I chill it slice it and take it cold in my lunch and that salty char is perfect 

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, washguy said:

you are $hittin me? 200 bills for an effin thermo meter....lol  you ate some tainted meat I bet...got me a webber for 29 bills werkin fine...hahaaa....like they say whatever flips your trigger    :thumbup:    Wash

Oh hell, just salt and pepper the cow meat, throw it on the hot grill, drink a cold brewski, flip the meat to the other side, drink another brewski and pull it off and eat the damn thing, to hell with all the theatricals, SHIDT!!! It will all depend on how fast you  gulp the brewski, don't you know.

I reckon I've been in Texas too long to sweat the small Shidt.....

Edited by mrmackc