• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

rounds not ejecting

harv

2 minutes ago, harv said:

Thanks for the info for the oil will pick some up and try it this weekend

When you cylce it with out a round does it feel as though/rough to cycle as with? I guess I shoulda asked that before the lube. But still you need somthing better than the hopps in this application. 

47 minutes ago, harv said:

It is staying locked on the chambered round

You've gotta have a gas issue. The chamber may be rough, and the headspace is worth checking, but it sounds like you're not getting gas. Re-check that the gas block is on correct, check the gas tube at the block, take a photo looking into the open upper showing how far your tube extends into the upper receiver. 

Did you assemble the upper, what parts make up the whole system?  Barrel, gas block, tube...etc. the more details you share, the more likely one of the gurus will immediately spot the issue. 

Gas tube length is good.  That's one of those "in-between" barrels - the gas port placement in between Armalite AR-10 position and traditional DPMS LR-308 position.  It's a 12.06" gas tube (12 1/16"), which is exactly what you need for that barrel.  It's not the gas tube length, that's for sure.

Gas tube looks a little long to me , maybe the angle of the Photo. Makes me wonder if the Gas Block needs to be off the Shoulder , like it was set up for a A2 Hand Guard with the front cap , that may make the Gas Block slightly blocked .

Is the fired case getting stuck or a loaded round ?   

What does your fired Brass look like , photo's ?    Heavy marks on a fired case can show a rough Chamber .

4 minutes ago, Sisco said:

round not ejecting and hard to pull the charge handle to remove the spent round

Trying to figure out what would make it difficult to remove the spent round.

Tight chamber?

That's what I'm thinking.  Wouldn't expect it from an Aero/BA barrel - but I just had to polish a Wilson Combat chamber in one of their barrels. 

That gas tube is fine, in length.  That's what an "in-between" gas port looks like with an Armalite AR-10-lengthed gas tube.  That gas port in that barrel isn't DPMS_lengthed.  It isn't Armalite AR-10-lengthed - it's in between those two lengths (like Faxon does now on 308 barrels).  That gas tube is good, and it clears your gas key when the bolt is fully closed.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, harv said:

round not ejecting and hard to pull the charge handle to remove the spent round have aero upper and lower ballistic advantage barrel and bcg have only been able to put 5 rounds every case gets stuck in the chamber

Call Aero Precision, and inform them of what's going on.  They will take care of you.

30 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Gas tube looks a little long to me , maybe the angle of the Photo. Makes me wonder if the Gas Block needs to be off the Shoulder , like it was set up for a A2 Hand Guard with the front cap , that may make the Gas Block slightly blocked .

He had another pic in there yesterday, that showed a straight-down pic into the upper receiver - and his post has been edited now. That pic was edited out.  Gas tube is fine.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, harv said:

the fired case is stuck I was thinking the buffer spring might be too stiff as the charge handle is stiff to pull back even when empty 

after the spent case is pulled out it has some light scratch marks

What recoil system components are you using?  Details.  What parts, from what vendors, etc.  What makes up your recoils system?  The receiver etension, the buffer, the buffer spring - where did all those come from and what are their dimensions/specs?

A stiff buffer spring isn't gonna cause a round to stick in the chamber.  A stiff buffer spring will actually aid in extraction, over a weak buffer spring.

Edited by 98Z5V