• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Boondoggle

Finally got to the range with 1st AR-10

1 minute ago, Matt.Cross said:

We need a "must-read" sticky on that very topic....

It should be something that pops up when you register, that you must read and acknowledge, before your registration is approved...

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

It should be something that pops up when you register, that you must read and acknowledge, before your registration is approved...

Aye aye.

"You do realize why I'm pointing this out, right?  You keep calling everything "AR-10" when it's not AR-10.  There are distinct differences." 

Yes, I educated myself when I built these guns and quickly found out that the "variants" are similar but many parts do not interchange between them, which include uppers/lowers, assembly pins, etc.  Sorry that I "grouped" the 308's that I have into a single category,  my intentions were not meant to confuse anyone. 

Just wanted to point out that my PSA 308 shoots very well with zero function issues to date, despite rumors to the contrary, and that I'm glad that the OP is pretty happy with his PSA 308 as well........Cliff

PS:  found a pic on my phone from an outing with the DPMS and PSA 308.  5 shots in each group, the PSA has 4 well under 1" with one flier.

IMG_2346.JPG

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

YES! And we should attempt to get our sponsors to stop confusing the issue as well.

Edited by jtallen83

15 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Just wanted to point out that my PSA 308 shoots very well with zero function issues to date, despite rumors to the contrary,

Oh, make no mistake - it's not "rumors" about poorly functioning PSAs, not in the least.  Just because your PSA runs, don't make the assumption they all of them run, because a large portion of the problems that PSA has been having with this platform has been seen right here on this board. 

Thanks for the heads-up.

For the most part I'm not one to make assumptions about anything.  I'm a pretty meticulous person, tend to set pretty high standards for many things, and demand that the weapons that I own and count on for self defense and hunting run flawlessly.  

The Internet and Forums for various topics help to some extent and can be a great resource, but one has to remember that with many topics the folks putting up the information will have limited skills and experience.  The websites are also riddled with "trolls" who have little to any direct experience at all with any topics but "google" up and regurgitate information based on typewriter research and not direct testing.  There are also a percentage of folks dabbling with certain things who need to put them down, walk away and get back to their day job. 

So basically feedback with many topics is not entirely accurate.  Still plenty of good info out there to help folks go in one direction or the other, or back pocket the info to see if it applies to what they are doing, etc.......FWIW......Cliff