• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
mrmackc

American Rifleman AR10 story

Check out the NRA Rifleman Insider story on the REAL AR10.

image.thumb.png.bf4f87e5ce00d52121af101ac08106ce.png

Edited by mrmackc

A story on the Original AR10 and Armalite back in 1959 started my fascination with it as a kid. No link to the story, just the picture.

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

A story on the Original AR10 and Armalite back in 1959 started my fascination with it as a kid. No link to the story, just the picture.

This is from a NRA newsletter to members, in an email I received this morning, here is another teaser:

image.thumb.png.fb6b04263e0c56a819d38fe3e0cf02a9.png

I love the looks of the trigger charge, thought about attempting to machine one, seems doable 

Spuds used to have them for 223 but I haven't heard of uppers for 308 on the market

On 10/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, Robert@FULL30 said:

I love the looks of the trigger charge, thought about attempting to machine one, seems doable 

Spuds used to have them for 223 but I haven't heard of uppers for 308 on the market

image.png.0b10262b7035898bc610d44856f9ceaf.png

You understand that the upper charge handle on this model ran down the side of the barrel and upper receiver, also this was the first model that the charge handle wasn't attached to the BCG and the first one that didn't reciprocate with the BCG.

Dumb assed old me....That should have been  The gas tube ran down the side of the barrelAs shown here.

image.png.4b783d3c78e8fbd46422fdb104b060c1.pngimage.png.0b10262b7035898bc610d44856f9ceaf.png

Edited by mrmackc

JB Matt has a line on one of these, that was made by Armalite in the earlier '90s.  Not this new Brownells reproduction.  He's lined up at a very respectable price, and I hope it doesn't fall through.