• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 R+2 Gas Tube

Phantom30

I called and placed the order, couple hours later the man that makes them called me to confirm measurements, tube showed up a couple days later.Cost me $40 after shipping if I remember correct. Fit like a glove with a nice even polish all the way around.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/upper-parts-246/barrel-group/gas-tubes.html

2 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I called and placed the order, couple hours later the man that makes them called me to confirm measurements, tube showed up a couple days later.Cost me $40 after shipping if I remember correct. Fit like a glove with a nice even polish all the way around.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/upper-parts-246/barrel-group/gas-tubes.html

You went a complete full step further than I was willing to go - I wanted him to look them up... prove he was a human...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, Phantom30 said:

A DPMS rifle length gas tube is 15.125", an Armalite Rifle length gas tube is 15.5" 

Trust me, you don't need to try to school anyone here on gas tube lengths, so just give it up already.  Don't need the education you're trying to provide right now.

You're in a position where you need a custom gas tube, and I just told you what to do to get one - I don't care how many you have already, before this.

You can take that advice, or you can sit here and try to "educate" people - when you are the one that's in need.

Your choice.  Have a great day. 

1 minute ago, Phantom30 said:

Very correct I have been e-mailing them and conversing with a John Holliger.  so I need to call and ask about a truly custom, one of kind gas tube.  Not necessarily the ones they call custom.

Look, HardHead - they'll make any fucking length gas tube you want, and they'll ask you questions about what you're asking for, to determine your competency. 

YOU look like YOU can explain it.  So do it.  CALL John, and tell him exactly WHAT you need, and explain it when he asks you the questions.

CALL him.

WTF does it take to get you to understand this?...  WOA MAKES custom gas tubes!  To whatever length YOU want...I'm way too tired after this weekend to deal with "too smart" and "too stupid."  You were given advice, yet you know everything.  You can listen...   or not...

2 minutes ago, Phantom30 said:

Thanks.  Yes it is hard, tried and old.  When I talked to WOA they didn't seem to volunteer to make a truly custom tube so when you all pulled out the band wagon I was slow to recognize my close mindedness as to what WOA would do.  I'll try again in the morning, thanks.

Maybe you should make a post in the Intro Section, and tell us all about you.  That will help us know where you're coming from.

Here is a clue, I only do e -mail no social media.  If you want to know more ask the FLA or the GRU they stole all out security records and background investigations.  They know my first dog's name, my 1st grade teacher's name, and the address where my mother met my father and anything else in there.  That's my combine 50 year pin for service in DoD.

z 50 yr pin.JPG

Good for you - and you don't have a fucking clue where you can get a custom gas tube made - even though all your gas tubes are WOA.

Not impressed, not even a little, man.  Try somewhere else with your theatrics. 

Fuckin' CONGRATS, though!  Good job.  Your service is commendable.  :hail:

You won't get anyone here humping your leg over that, though.  It's cute.  :thumbup:

On 10/22/2018 at 9:36 PM, jtallen83 said:

I didn't know that site existed but appreciate you posting, sexy stuff

On 10/22/2018 at 10:56 PM, Phantom30 said:

Here is a clue, I only do e -mail no social media.  If you want to know more ask the FLA or the GRU they stole all out security records and background investigations.  They know my first dog's name, my 1st grade teacher's name, and the address where my mother met my father and anything else in there.  That's my combine 50 year pin for service in DoD.

What are those acronyms FLA / GRU ?

Have been in the DoD what's your opinion, and the perceived opinion of others, on Snowden?

Edited by Robert@FULL30

Chinese and Russian military intelligence agencies.  GRU is like our DIA,  KGB like CIA etc.

Well I haven't responded because I was in process of moving to my alternated location and didn't want to start a custom order with WOA until I sure I was going to be able to receive it.  So last Tuesday I got with Jim WOA and made the order.  He called back that afternoon to confirm a measurement and I received the new gas tube Friday morning.  That is really fast for custom order and I now appreciate why Jim wants to keep it simple and quick.  At $40 delivered you can't waste time and make any money well very good for them.  The attachment shows the new location perfectly centered on the cam nut cutout in the upper receiver.  Beautiful.  Only my crapola BCGs don't work so smoothly.  The ADK version shown in my other extractor thread would not close receivers so it is out.  The KAK-DD BCG did close but fits really tight and you almost have to hammer the charging handle to get it to release.  I fire tested this one, first one round smoke test follow by five round high speed.  Once you get then thing in hold back it works fine.  Question how much gap should be visible between the BCG front edge and the ejector opening in the receiver if any?  Why is the bolt release so hard, the bolt was fit to the barrel and extension during barrel assemble?

20181102_161530.jpg