• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR-10 R+2 Gas Tube

Phantom30

On 10/22/2018 at 7:56 PM, Phantom30 said:

Here is a clue, I only do e -mail no social media.  If you want to know more ask the FLA or the GRU they stole all out security records and background investigations.  They know my first dog's name, my 1st grade teacher's name, and the address where my mother met my father and anything else in there.  That's my combine 50 year pin for service in DoD.

z 50 yr pin.JPG

You are ON Social Media, right now, spilling your guts...:thumbup:  For someone that has a FIS steal their file, know their first dogs name, etc., ...  That's a BOLD MOVE... 

On 10/22/2018 at 8:01 PM, 98Z5V said:

Good for you - and you don't have a fucking clue where you can get a custom gas tube made - even though all your gas tubes are WOA.

Not impressed, not even a little, man.  Try somewhere else with your theatrics. 

Fuckin' CONGRATS, though!  Good job.  Your service is commendable.  :hail:

You won't get anyone here humping your leg over that, though.  It's cute.  :thumbup:

I stated my opinion on your bullshiit...

On 10/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, Robert@FULL30 said:

I didn't know that site existed but appreciate you posting, sexy stuff

What are those acronyms FLA / GRU ?

Have been in the DoD what's your opinion, and the perceived opinion of others, on Snowden?

He asked for FLA and GRU.  You didn't give him the information he was asking about, and deflected... in this:

On 11/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, Phantom30 said:

Chinese and Russian military intelligence agencies.  GRU is like our DIA,  KGB like CIA etc.

Well I haven't responded because I was in process of moving to my alternated location and didn't want to start a custom order with WOA until I sure I was going to be able to receive it. 

Oh, WHAT THE FUK EVER, guy!!!  Are you serious?!  If you were half of what you're saying you were, you wouldn't be spilling this kind of information on an Open Source site...  Are you the next Gecko45?...   :lmao:

572979687_PUREPARANOIA.jpg.9a183e1a4732557c0b69484c5427bf6d.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

This might be a form of social media but it is for technical information IMHO.  It is not facebook, twitter, etc.,

Also the questions I used as an example are like those you have for account security with banks, credit cards, as civilian examples

OPM is Office of Personnel Management. 

Snowden:  so what, Its progressives that bother me more, like to give them an all-expense paid Caribbean vacation. (progressives are not Flow from the insurance company they are Communists with patience) Progressivism has had three definitions over time, Teddy Roosevelt, Bob Lafollette, and now Saul Alinsky types.  This later group is the one I am referring to.

Hope I answered all your questions

Now can we get back to gun technical stuff.  I am still trying to understand the variations of BCGs with respect to the various LR308 receivers.  Of course there is no standard for LR308 stuff, right?.  It appears from my collection of BCGs that there is issues with BCG carrier length, gas key tube length and placement and the stroke of the extended bolt.  No two are a like.  So I bought an AP BCG to go with my AP receivers in hopes that they are compatible within the company's designs. 

3 hours ago, Phantom30 said:

This might be a form of social media but it is for technical information IMHO.  It is not facebook, twitter, etc.,

Also the questions I used as an example are like those you have for account security with banks, credit cards, as civilian examples

OPM is Office of Personnel Management. 

Snowden:  so what, Its progressives that bother me more, like to give them an all-expense paid Caribbean vacation. (progressives are not Flow from the insurance company they are Communists with patience) Progressivism has had three definitions over time, Teddy Roosevelt, Bob Lafollette, and now Saul Alinsky types.  This later group is the one I am referring to.

Hope I answered all your questions

Now can we get back to gun technical stuff.  I am still trying to understand the variations of BCGs with respect to the various LR308 receivers.  Of course there is no standard for LR308 stuff, right?.  It appears from my collection of BCGs that there is issues with BCG carrier length, gas key tube length and placement and the stroke of the extended bolt.  No two are a like.  So I bought an AP BCG to go with my AP receivers in hopes that they are compatible within the company's designs. 

There is a thread with BCG dimensions from different makers, I will try to locate it when I get time. Your findings would seem to match what we found. Maybe you could add what you found to the thread.

4 hours ago, Phantom30 said:

I am still trying to understand the variations of BCGs with respect to the various LR308 receivers.  Of course there is no standard for LR308 stuff, right?.  It appears from my collection of BCGs that there is issues with BCG carrier length, gas key tube length and placement and the stroke of the extended bolt.  No two are a like.

Found the thread, we need to re-title and sticky this somewhere.......

6 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Found the thread, we need to re-title and sticky this somewhere.......

I've been saying that for awhile now - and so has SS...  Run a new title and pin it. That shiit is worth more here than titanium...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Great stuff thanks for the link.  I'll try to compile it all in a spread sheet along with my 3 sources added (KAK, ADK, AP with natural bolts and Davidson Defense).  Think I have to take picture of spreadsheet when done in order to display it here, is that correct?

Plus the picture of the gas tube position in the thread clip, is exactly where mine was before the smash jam.  John at WOA reminded me that the AR-15 gas tubes are not the same as an some  LR-308 or AR-10.  The tube I installed was their off the shelf AR-15 R+2.  Since my mutant barrel needed the extra 3/8" he said was common for an AR-10 spec.