• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mossberg Nightstick. Oh, shiit...

98Z5V

8 minutes ago, 308kiwi said:

Do shotguns fall under a different set of rules to rifles and handguns in the US?

Yes and no.  Shotguns have their minimum specs, just like the rifles and pistols do. This Shockwave pattern, though (and the Remington TAC-14), technically aren't "shotguns."  They are only "Firearms" by definition.  It's the way the law is written, directly, and what those two companies have done with the direct wording of those laws.

Sure resembles an SBS, though, right?  Especially like this - here's how mine is sitting, right now, with a pistol brace:

P1060753.JPG

22 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I literally have a shopping list going right now for your current Shockwave. 

In it's current configuration, this is the very next thing I'm doing to it, brother:

http://www.shotenarmory.com/products-and-pricing.php

Mossberg_Letter_Levers.jpg

This will find it's way onto the other Mossberg pumps I have, too.  I need to see if it will fit my 835 UltiMag.   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

? Nice shooting iron.  It's cool that Mossberg is branching out into gangsta shotguns.  I'm sure you know about Aguila minishells 98Z5V but if not they might be a good complement to that gun that is worth checking out. I ran some of their buckshot in my KSG over the summer and the two were like peanut butter and jelly.

https://www.aguilaammo.com/shotshell/

Edited by EugeneStoner

How did those little short shells feed in the KSG?  The size of them seems to be a problem for most shotguns, so I'm curious to know what Kel-Tec is doing different to get them to feed in the KSG...

Here's what I have to do to get them to feed in a Mossberg (500 and 590):

Without this OPSol Mini Clip, it won't happen in a 500./590.  Not even.  WITH it, they feed flawlessly.  Curious what Kel-Tec is doing different to keep these mini's going on there...

P1060768.thumb.JPG.f051fd72e7ea04f09caff5c614a82310.JPG

P1060769.thumb.JPG.41e62bebd0287d8f539efc07fa61880f.JPG

Just now, Robocop1051 said:

We’re all over the Aguila buckshot.... when it can be found!?!?

My Pusher has it, in STACKS, brother. I keep telling him he needs to donate it to me...  :thumbup:  Slugs, too.  Piles of it on his counter.  Makes me sick...  :laffs:

By the way,they tell you that you can fit 8 of the 1.75" mini shells in a Shockwave.  You can fit 9, easily.  Plus a 2 3/4" in the chamber, first off.  10 rounds from a 14" barreled "firearm" is pretty fucking cool.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

We’re all over the Aguila buckshot.... when it can be found!?!?

Hi Robocop1051.  With all respect I'm a little surprised by your response as it's readily available in quantity pretty much everywhere here in Indiana for $17-$20 a box (i.e. buckshot, slugs and birdshot).  Seems like this Mexican ammo would/should be easier to get in CA than here in the Midwest.

12 minutes ago, EugeneStoner said:

Seems like this Mexican ammo would/should be easier to get in CA than here in the Midwest.

You said three things in there that don't mix.  California.  Mexican.  Ammo.  Those three things can ONLY exist together IF you're talking about illegal Mexican aliens in that state...  

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Get to how you're feeding it in your KSG, man...  :thumbup:

Yes sir, I am happy to provide a range report.  I fired 20 rounds/one box of Aguila Minishell buckshot with my Kel-Tec KSG w/out any type of feed or other malfunction at all.  This was followed by 25 rounds of Federal Multi-Purpose Field & Target 2 3/4" 7 1/2 shot which also produced no feed or other type of malfunction.  I had alot more of the Federal birdshot on hand but running it with this lightweight shotgun was rough on my shoulder (and converted me to Aguila minishells as far as my KSG is concerned).

As I guessed you already know about this ammo and have the OPSol adapter for your gangsta Mossberg 98ZbV.  :thumbup:

ThugLifeMeme-7193414442.jpg

I had no idea that the little short bastards FED through a KSG... when you gotta do other things to your gun to get them to feed from it.  They DON'T feed in a Mossberg autoloader, and they DON'T Feed in a Rem 870...  I tried the Mossberg 930  - No Go.  I don't own a Remington shotgun, and never will...    They only feed in a Mossberg pump IF you run that adapter...  and they run like a champ with that thing, too...   :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I had no idea that the little short bastards FED through a KSG... when you gotta do other things to your gun to get them to feed from it.  They DON'T feed in a Mossberg autoloader, and they DON'T Feed in a Rem 870...  I tried the Mossberg 930  - No Go.  I don't own a Remington shotgun, and never will...    They only feed in a Mossberg pump IF you run that adapter...  and they run like a champ with that thing, too...   :thumbup:

The little short bastards are pretty much made for the KSG.  I am well aware of the fact that Kel-Tec is a controversial "love/hate" brand but I am a fan and dare say you should maybe consider getting a KSG. You have probably already seen this but Nutnfancy's review is a good resource:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfsJPEUdERM

Edited by EugeneStoner

14 minutes ago, EugeneStoner said:

The little short bastards are pretty much made for the KSG.  I am well aware of the fact that Kel-Tec is a controversial "love/hate" brand but I am a fan and dare say you should maybe consider getting a KSG. You have probably already seen this but Nutnfancy's review is a good resource:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfsJPEUdERM

I've long considered a KSG, and had no idea it would just EAT the mini-shells. However, NutNFancy will not be my resource or endorsement for anything...  Ever...

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I've long considered a KSG, and had no idea it would just EAT the mini-shells. However, NutNFancy will not be my resource or endorsement for anything...  Ever...

I did not have a problem with it but it sounds like one potential KSG caveat for some is to avoid working the action like a girly man.  I did not have any short-shucking/stroking problems with the gun's pump action but it sounds like some others may have.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

You said three things in there that don't mix.  California.  Mexican.  Ammo.  Those three things can ONLY exist together IF you're talking about illegal Mexican aliens in that state...  

I meant to say that California is closer to Mexico than Indiana so it seems like their ammo should be at least as easy and inexpensive to obtain in CA as it is here.

I cannot lie...I like California and Aguila ammo including their subsonic Super Colibri .22lr. 

Anyway, here's an interesting article on Aguila:

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2016/7/14/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-aguila-ammunition/

Edited by EugeneStoner

6 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

Do shotguns fall under a different set of rules to rifles and handguns in the US?

Matt @ Demo Ranch does a really good job at explaining this one, with our screwed up firearms laws - this is a good vid on "the configuration... "

Edited by 98Z5V

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2018_10/VID_20181018_162901631.mp4.96aaa9e99466aeddeb8b762a60c10456.mp4

Shockwave, pistol brace,  2 3/4"  7 1/2 birdshot against the dueling tree - these loads usually wouldn't even turn the plate,but it did on some... 

Edited by 98Z5V