• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
JF89

Highest round count you have ran an AR15/AR10 without cleaning?

https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-t-magazine-filthy-14/

This article was what opened my eyes to how reliable an AR can be without cleaning it. I used to clean my AR15 everytime I shot it but not so much now of days. My Colt 6920 hit around 7k rounds with no cleaning and I had zero issues with it. It has been through several carbine courses and generally beat to poop but keeps ticking. I only recently cleaned it after changing gas the rings. 

Anyways, what about you guys?

Also , about how many rounds before my buffer spring should start giving me issues? I have never had to replace one but at 7k I figure it might end up being an issue soon.

We've been "testing" a lube for a couple years now that blows everything else out of the water.  None of the information or results on it are public, but I'll drag a few of the testimonials and statements out here, specifically about it's performance.    Shoot me a PM, and I'll send you a bottle of it - try it, run it, tell me what you think - right here.  Just don't mention the name yet.  About the only thing I have public on it is this stuff, when I built the .338 Fed gun.  You KNOW you have to heavily lube a .308-sized AR to get that thing to run, when new - but not with this stuff...

Here's the build thread on that gun - the vids are on page 4 on there. 

Edited by 98Z5V

I love Slip products, for now that is what I recommend people buy. When the lube 98 refers to goes public that will be the one. 1,000+ rounds from a suppressed 300 blackout before I had an issue, some of this was below zero temperatures. It made cleanup a breeze, a little dab will do. The stuff is the schit!

i use slip 2000 on my guns but have tested the ^ sauce also and it is in my testing, hard to beat! dirt, mud,  rocks.. .22 lr can.. heat test was pretty good.. guess i better do another test sooner than later. compair the slip to the 98 special.

^^^  Caveman Style, right there - just don't drag them by the feet!...  

This topic comes up on just about all Gun Forums & its not how long you can go with out cleaning & lubricating Firearms , its what kind of service life you want out of them & their Components & Parts . Lack of cleaning & Lubrication will undoubtedly reduct service life of Parts . 

That Lubricant from 98 is some of the best lubricant I have ever used . 

Edited by survivalshop

in the military there were times when I would run a few thousand rounds through my m4 in a day without it being cleaned or lubed. but survivalshop has a good point, and I sure as heck wasn't buying parts for my military rifle. I can't afford to shoot the amounts I shot while I was in the military so don't have those worries. plus I find cleaning my weapons to be relaxing.

It's a ballpark figure, but I put 4.5 - 5k (suppressed) through the MA TEN without cleaning it. It finally started misbehaving on the first PHX trip, and after limping along on miracle lube, we opened that baby up and gave her a thorough cleaning. She was a dirty girl indeed!

11 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

I’m going to answer for @Rsquared and estimate 1978...

That’s not a round count, thats the year he last cleaned a gun. 

642DE4A8-2F0D-4F1A-A4B8-6A86C7EC4674.gif