• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lightweight optic...

Xanthos upper/lower...check

Faxon pencil...check

Carbon fiber HG...check

Minimalist stock...check

Over a pound of optics.....wait what!?

See where I'm going with this? I'm looking for a decent light weight optic. Don't need high magnification. Lookin to see if ya'll know of something I don't. Leupold makes a VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20 that comes in at 9+oz. I got a Vortex Diamondback to go on it right now, 12 oz, but it might end up on my 35 Rem. Thanks for any ideas. 

34 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

You're already invested... Just finish strong.

It's like dating a super hot chick, and then telling her, "No thanks baby. I'll just take a handjob." Of course you'll still enjoy it... But wouldn't you appreciate a bit more out of her???

LMAO! That's a spot on analogy. Sound advice though. I'd hate to throw a cheapazz 4x on there. It wouldn't do the rifle it's true justice.

5 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

I wouldn’t expect that to last on a .308....

The reviews look good, 7mm rem. Magnum, one guy put it on a505 Gibbs, numerous reviews with larger caliber stuff. Most places I would call marketing bull but Leupold has a pretty good rep.

32 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

For 3 ounces I would take the 1x4 but that’s me and my piss pour vision.

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

That’s not 2-5x20mm.... that is a fixed 2.5x20mm

ypu will hate the low fixed power. You will hate the 20mm field of view. It also specifically says “rimfire” on it. It’s parallax is probably set for only 25 yards. 

7 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

It also specifically says “rimfire” on it. It’s parallax is probably set for only 25 yards. 

It might be under the rimfire section but it's pretty clear from all the reviews this scope will handle recoil, unless they are all blowing smoke. Parallax is 150 yards unless you custom order another distance. You can get it set to up to 400 yards. 

https://customshop.leupold.com/configure/fx-ii-ultralight-2-5x20mm/?s=95&f[]=116&r=9&aw=2&ae=2

On 11/18/2018 at 7:34 PM, jtallen83 said:

I was JUST coming in here to post THIS SCOPE to him, too!...   :thumbup::lmao:

1.5~4 magnification, the Firedot-G (green dot) reticle, it's in Mils, so it doesn't care what your caliber is (run your mils for drop and windage). 272 grams = 9.59452 ounces.

I run this on the 12.5" Grendel, because it's a hell of a lot of "options" for the weight, and that 12.5" Grendel can run that 4x scope out to 845 yards, repeatedly.  And accurately.  The high-zoot model is the one that will serve you well, forever. :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

13 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I didn’t see that it had the firedot option. This would be a really nice scope. 

You have to hit the "customize" button on that link that @jtallen83 posted, and you can select the "Firedot-G SPR" reticle, under the reticles tab.  I can personally testify, that's a bad motherfucker of a little, light scope.  Jacks the price up, but it's worth every single penny.  I think MSRP goes up to $460.

Firedot-G.thumb.png.65e6e17d923f79b9302caf964119a99d.png