• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lightweight optic...

Thanks for the suggestions fellas! Y'all have definitely swayed me to a different price bracket. I've nixed the cheaper Vortex and it's between the VX-3i and the AR mod1.

Don't really think I'll use the graduated turrets on the AR. Longest shot will likely be 100yds for this rifle. Like someone else said, don't complicate shttt with complicated shttt. Can't find where it list how much weight the fire dot would add...

I like the slightly higher magnification on the vx3i. Also the one piece main tube is something i wanted. 

The mount will be an Aero P ultralight. So total weight for optics will be around 12oz. Not too bad. 

12 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

You should totally go for a red dot sight than!

I would but I don't want to rely on a battery when it's time to go to work. Waitin' to see what goes sale this next week. This light weight build is making my wallet equally light weight. I aint gay or nothin, but $20 is $20. 

im-not-gay-but-20-is-20.jpg

Edited by Boot_Scraper

• 1 month later...

Welp, the Vx-3i will be going on the Yeti build. After hunting with the Xanthos this last month, I think it can afford a couple more ounces. I wanted a little mo zoom, so I gotta a 2-7x33 VX-R to take it's place.

VX-R scope

Plus ever since @jtallen83 mentioned that firedot, I've been interested. 

Found a damn good deal on it too. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper