• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA rifle length gas tube??

Str8shooter

Do you have the PSA barrel already, in a complete upper, or are you working with stripped receiver sets?  Or, are there PSA guys here that have posted their gas tube length protrusion into the upper receiver, and where that gas tube stops in relation to the cam pin cutout in the upper? 

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Do you have the PSA barrel already, in a complete upper, or are you working with stripped receiver sets?  Or, are there PSA guys here that have posted their gas tube length protrusion into the upper receiver, and where that gas tube stops in relation to the cam pin cutout in the upper? 

I have a complete upper that is carbine length. Gonna sell it.

The barrel I am putting in is a full length.   I was hoping someone had done this so I could pick their brain.  

55DB60E8-6E25-4DA5-9FB2-410B9F8AEEE8.jpeg

12 hours ago, Str8shooter said:

I have a complete upper that is carbine length. Gonna sell it.

The barrel I am putting in is a full length.   I was hoping someone had done this so I could pick their brain.  

Well,check out that PSA barrel you have, and it will give you the insight that you need on this.  Notice the gas tube protrusion into the upper receiver, and where it stops.  What really matters, though, is how that new barrel maker drills their gasport.  What gas system are they running on?  It's either DPMS-based, which is AR15 gas tube lengths, or it's Armalite AR-10 gas tube lengths.  Or, it's some weird hybrid shiit in between both of those lengths.

BSF is the only ones that can answer this question for you - call them.  :thumbup:

I can tell you right now, PSA uses that fucked up hybrid gas length, and it sucks to deal with.  Many other manufacturers are on that bandwagon now, too.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:13 PM, 98Z5V said:

Well,check out that PSA barrel you have, and it will give you the insight that you need on this.  Notice the gas tube protrusion into the upper receiver, and where it stops.  What really matters, though, is how that new barrel maker drills their gasport.  What gas system are they running on?  It's either DPMS-based, which is AR15 gas tube lengths, or it's Armalite AR-10 gas tube lengths.  Or, it's some weird hybrid shiit in between both of those lengths.

BSF is the only ones that can answer this question for you - call them.  :thumbup:

I can tell you right now, PSA uses that fucked up hybrid gas length, and it sucks to deal with.  Many other manufacturers are on that bandwagon now, too.

Mystery solved.  15.25" will be perfect.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Any updates to this beast, man?  Curious to see how this barrel does after it's got a few down the pipe.   :thumbup:

I wish,  its been crazy cold and crappy every day I have been off.  I've built a new 300 BO while waiting to get out and test.  Its ready to go though.  I'm interested in testing out many things.  The difference between the hellfire muzzle break and the suppressor also.  I'm hoping to get out in the next month and test.  

When I do I will definately let you know.  

Edited by Str8shooter

19 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Oh it hasn't been that bad, only -17 or so. Think it was worse for us last year. lol. but more snow coming tomorrow and possibly Wednesday. 

Frickin brrrrr....and I felt cold in a breezy 50 degrees warmer than you were. 

Im missing the snow and cold its all rain and 34* or sun and 55* try dressing down for that! get wet and cold then sweat the cold off, for it to start raining again..  Im immune to the cold virus and flu. everyone I know gets sick every year. not me. snow is dry! 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, edgecrusher said:

Yeah, it has sucked working!!!

yeah yesterday, I had to direct traffic on an alternate route for 4 hours in the cold due to the interstate shutting down from 10 semis crashing around the same area. I got called in 6 hours early for that, been getting a lot of overtime due to the weather, which is nice. ?