• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weekend at DNPs Property

98Z5V

Spent last weekend at the @DNP property.  In a nutshell, we've been together for Thanksgiving, in the dunes, since 2004.  That's a brother-from-another-mother, right there, tighter than family.  So, last weekend was his oldest son's 8th birthday, and there was a party. I drove my ass over there for it, and it was fantastic.  Hadn't seen him since the Fall Shoot (long time, I know...  :laffs:), but I hadn't seen his better half for about 2 years.  Last year right before T-Day, I ran a knife in the palm of my clutch hand (literally, 2 days before leaving for the T-Day ride), and I respectfully bowed out of going to the dunes, for the first time since 2004.  Knicked the tendon for my left index finger, and I had no grip - no clutch, no ride, no-go on that trip.  

When he told me about the 8th B-Day party out there, I jumped at the chance.  Rented a car to drive one-way (and pick up the "new-to-me" car out there), and I was off.  My original intent was to leave Friday, right from work.  Shiit went sideways like it always does for me/to me, the process of getting the rental car was a nightmare, and I just went home after work.  My intent was to leave by 7pm, but I didn't even get home until almost 8pm that night.  Called him up, told him I was getting some rack time, and I'd leave in the middle of the night.  I left at 3:20am AZ time, and pulled into his property right at 7am, Cali time.  That little Kia rental hauled ass!!!   :lmao:  I got the extra insurance, and rubbin's racin', so I pushed that little fucker...   :banana:

Rollin' I-8 West, about an hour from his property, here's the giant-ass windmills that are all over the hillside:

Edited by 98Z5V

We had plenty to do that morning, and I met them at the front gate of the property - putting directional signs out for everyone that was coming for the 3pm party.  They had the kid's air-inflated bounce house, and adult tent with tables and chairs, wash station and porta-pot delivered on the property already. Timeline plans were massaged, things started happening, and we started the setup of what needed to be done.  Ran down into San Diego and returned the rental Kia-From-Hell, and shopped.  We got last-minute things, picked up a niece, and drove all over.  We got one of those bigass propane-powered heaters - I can NOW tell you how they get one of this giant-ass heaters in such a small box - MILLION fucking pieces!!!  I set that bitch up when we got back to the property, and it sucked.  I'd rather assemble a torn-down 4-stroke that someone brought me in a box...  :laffs:

10397052.jpg?is=500,500

A night shot of the festivities, in full swing!  You couldn't GET those kids outta the bounce house!!!   :lmao:

P1060797.thumb.JPG.198083a0b58dfbd46325e935d41760c1.JPG

Firepit!!!

P1060798.thumb.JPG.0ef9a41fe697e9d697b593a22bb9f440.JPG

My shelter for the night - new one-man tent, and a 5-degree bag.  I was comfy...  :thumbup:

P1060799.thumb.JPG.3f87f252cfccc1bbda27d4d05f050349.JPG

Sunday morning, we cleaned up some, organized some things - and I had a competition with the 4-year old  - "You think you fit get more Nerf Darts in your hand that I can?..."  Psyched him into thinking that picking up the MILLION Nerf Darts was FUN!!!   :laffs: Loaded up the car with all my gear, and headed out in the early afternoon.  4 hours back to Phx from the hills east of SD. What a RELAXING weekend.  It was absolutely badass.

@DNPCan't thank you enough, brother, for a great weekend.  :thumbup::hail:

3 hours ago, sketch said:

Im booking my birthday party @DNP property! what a hoot! 

How did the car handle 98 that was a bro deal!

Fuckin BEAST.  Speed limit in Cali is 70, but I found a dude that couldn't drive 85 - tailed him to the Yuma border. Got through Yuma, and there's a Chevy Diesel guy that hmpad to go 95...  talied that guy, too.  Ramped her up to 110 a couple times, with plenty left in it.  Pulled off in Gila Bend to fuel up, took a back highway into my casa, and that 95mph Chevy passed me again, on that little highway - tucked right in behind him again....  Short trip, San Diego to Phx...  4 hrs door to door...  Fucking car is amazing.  25 mpg, driving like an center of uranus, no matter what I do to it - 3 tanks in now, and it's the same, 25mpg, just being a dickhead...  :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, shepp said:

@DNP Property looks awesome 

Kinda weak on the windmills I40 in Texas there are 100’s of them for miles same in Illinois and MO. 

@98Z5V how’s that brisket turn out? 

The brisket was GREAT!!!  DIrk did it, and it was awesome - but your name cam up a few times.  "We need to fly Neil out her for this..."  Nah, fuk that, brother, you got this- and it was great... 

It was awesome having 98 out. Couldn't have made it through the weekend without all of his help. I can't believe Lowes only charges $10 to put that heater together....it took a somewhat mechanically inclined man half of the day to unbox that beast. 

Thank you all. We're still pretty amazed the place is ours. Hope to have a floor plan nailed down soon so we can start the next phase. I need a damn patio to sit on and have a beer. The views that pop up on the regular are amazing. Here's one from this weekend. 

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Fuckin BEAST.  Speed limit in Cali is 70, but I found a dude that couldn't drive 85 - tailed him to the Yuma border. Got through Yuma, and there's a Chevy Diesel guy that hmpad to go 95...  talied that guy, too.  Ramped her up to 110 a couple times, with plenty left in it.  Pulled off in Gila Bend to fuel up, took a back highway into my casa, and that 95mph Chevy passed me again, on that little highway - tucked right in behind him again....  Short trip, San Diego to Phx...  4 hrs door to door...  Fucking car is amazing.  25 mpg, driving like an center of uranus, no matter what I do to it - 3 tanks in now, and it's the same, 25mpg, just being a dickhead...  :thumbup:

The brisket was GREAT!!!  DIrk did it, and it was awesome - but your name cam up a few times.  "We need to fly Neil out her for this..."  Nah, fuk that, brother, you got this- and it was great... 

Good! I told him it was easy!! Wash has taught us well, I passed on the cheat sheet to him to add another Jedi! 

4 minutes ago, DNP said:

I can't believe Lowes only charges $10 to put that heater together....it took a somewhat mechanically inclined man half of the day to unbox that beast.

They HAVE to lose BIG MONEY on that $10 thing, too!...  WTF?! :lmao:  I don't care what they pay the setup-dudes per hour, but that's a fucking LOSING DEAL, right there, for a measly $10-spot. 

Then, you as the buyer,have to transport that put-together-bitch - which is huge. An 8-foot bed on a full-size truck couldn't tuck that thing in.

It's a scam, brother, I'm convinced...  Those bastards...  :thefinger:

As far as the comments of making it through the weekend without me - I was more of an AD/HD distraction, then anything else.  You'da been fine without me, but you might not have laughed as much.  I was comedic relief, with my antics, non-stop.  I couldn't even contain myself, once I was out there.  I was literally vibrating, shaking, and laughing my ass off.  I was about worthless, besides trying to drink you out of beer...   :laffs:

20 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Just let me know where to pour my concrete pad. 

This property is so badass, brother...  There's so much room, trails everywhere, it's not even funny.  This is my dream, right there.  I want that chunk of land, just like that, in Skull Valley, AZ.  DNPs place is a dream come true, man.   :hail: