• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Truck ( to me )

survivalshop

On 12/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, edgecrusher said:

So onto Ram trucks. Nice enough aesthetically but they rot out faster than a virgin on prom night.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, Sisco said:

Rams cured their transmission woes, but jury is still out on body rot. My 2005 Ram had 147,000 miles on it but rotted out rear wheel wells when I sold it in 2016.

You two fukkers live in some of the worst places in the country for corrosion! The crap they put on the roads there in the winters would corrode tupperware!:hornet:

3 hours ago, 392heminut said:

You two fukkers live in some of the worst places in the country for corrosion! The crap they put on the roads there in the winters would corrode tupperware!:hornet:

True but the only rust you see redundant is 04-06 silverados (rockers, cab corners and wheel wells) 10-12 Silverado’s (rear wheel wells some front, mainly with out wheel well inserts) and a lot of years of rams, I’m not up on their body styles but boxes seem to be made of tissue paper Can’t tell you the last time I saw a late model fords or Toyota’s with the same patterns. one main reason I looked at fords and Toyota’s when I bought my last truck 

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

Rust isn't an issue down here though, love my Ram!

Unfortunately they use so much salt on the roads up here that when the black top roads dry they look like salt flats. I was really surprised when I was talking to my ex’s bro in-law in Colorado Springs he has a 90 f250 that looks like it came off the show room floor but they use somthing different up there

57 minutes ago, shepp said:

Unfortunately they use so much salt on the roads up here that when the black top roads dry they look like salt flats. I was really surprised when I was talking to my ex’s bro in-law in Colorado Springs he has a 90 f250 that looks like it came off the show room floor but they use somthing different up there

Drier all around climate helps as well. I used to go to antique tool auctions there because the condition of the old steel was miles above what I found in the mid-west.

10 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I had a 99 ram that I sold in 2011 that didn't have a spot of rust on it but like I said, it's usually not an issue down here.

Not the best example to compare with. I don’t think there’s a Ram up here that old on the road. I’m sure that they are fine elsewhere. Just not here.

Get some led bulbs for your cargo light, they’re 100x better. I installed them in my reverse lights too which helps seeing in the dark with the back up cam

I also was just sent some free interior led bulbs with another order the difference is amazing. I’ve got this odd addiction to led automotive lighting lol

I got fog lamps so a stupid low price for Black Friday passenger side is standard drivers side is led. Head lamps are led, I got them as a part of a testing program for free, they’ve been great so far! 

E2143108-8BE6-434C-A450-122E316F7BCD.jpeg

8CC3E8DD-80A2-4399-AB9D-D863A525DFD1.jpeg

57 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I think all my accessory lights are LED , at least they look like they are . Would be nice to have one in side the Tool Box . Them LED Head lights are not cheap !

I just got some nice husky push button lights for my ice shack they have a hook and a magnet, seem to be water resistant and run on 3 aaa batteries. 10$ and come WITH batteries 

the bulbs are pricing in store, I found this place on social media they run good sales and I’ve been happy with everything. http://www.opt-7.com/

Edited by shepp