• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Noob PSA PA10 build :-)

willbird

It all started with a PSA daily deal for the PA10 complete lower EPT and Magpul NMIAD ACS-L for 149.99 and free shipping, too cheap to pass up ?

Then there was a daily deal on Gen I stripped uppers for $59. Next came a Bear Creek barrel for $60...I am kind of interested in chopping an 18" to 16" and doing a 16" faux dissy so not much lost if a mistake was made on a $60 barrel :-). Then an AIM sports 15" rail on sale for 49.99 kinda black Friday. Added a Toolcraft BCG and charging handle from WC Armory. Final parts were a OdinWorks adj gas block and a gas tube from Brownells....10% off and free shipping :-). Still need 

PSA GEN2 PA10 Complete MOE MIAD ACS-L EPT Lower Receiver - Black - 149.99

PSA Gen 1 PA10 Stripped Upper Receiver 59.99

BCA AR-10 Barrel, 18" 4150 Black Nitride SOCOM Barrel, .308, Mid Length Gas System w/ 1:10 Twist 59.84

AimSports DPMS Low AR-308 15" M-LOK Freefloat Handguard 49.99

Toolcraft BCG    115

Charging Handle 15

OdinWorks adj gas block    78.99

Brownells gas tube 8.99

still need 

PSA PA10 EJECTION PORT COVER ASSEMBLY 13.98

PSA PA10 FORWARD ASSIST ASSEMBLY 12.95

Total 564.69 Could have done it with non adj gas block for $495.69

I did not include shipping in all cases...tried to get free shipping where I could. Muzzle brake of some kind will add a few more $$. Parts on various truck as I type :-)...should have everything last week. Not my first AR build, second I suppose, but first large frame build.

Bill

I have tried to take pictures :-)....found better pictures on the web actually.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/PA10_Gen1_and_Gen2_cosmetic_differences/301-280299/

To some it might be "ermergerd that sucks" :-)....I like to have parts around to try new stuff....so my thoughts were that the upper would be used for something. I have not seen any Gen II uppers avail for cheap yet :-). 

Bill

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Will, I shot you a PM on recoil system stuff.  Give it a shot, man.  Thank you for your research, too...   For real...    :thumbup:

yea the PM was appreciated, and we covered a lot of stuff. The end result was to order the orange spring,

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

and work on a heavier buffer. I have the three tungsten buffer weights for $22 inbound from Ebay. Probably will lathe turn some bodies from plain old carbon steel to start.

Edited by willbird

Ok  few parts showed up, Odin Works adj gas block, and a mid length gas tube.

VGe1mVx.jpg

There is where the gas tube ends up mocked up. Bear Creek Arsenal 18" barrel. I did confirm that the hole in the gas tube is aligning directly with the gas port in the barrel.

Bill

Edited by willbird

24 minutes ago, willbird said:

atF6mes.jpg

Did a re measure on my buffer tube. it is 7" deep right where the keyway is.

Might not be able to measure from there.  I just did a monster post about this in another thread about it - hit the Ceratac build thread, man.  :thumbup:

Going forward, I do have some other plans hatching :-), will not be PSA after this.

But is this whole setup here more workable ?

https://www.armalite.com/product/ar10rekit01-6-position-receiver-extension-kit/

This link is the same tube but provides more detail (maybe...some mfg totally bugger the specs from  what I am seeing)

https://www.primaryarms.com/armalite-308-car-receiver-extension-8-collapsible-gi-size-pa308car-tube-arm10207025