• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gettin' Reti for a Yeti...... .358

Boot_Scraper

Well boys n girls, it ain't anudder 308 but, same difference. Three hundred and fifty eight thousandths x 180 grains of shut the fuq up, hurled at about 2500-2600 FPS,  packed into an AR15. Dis gone be fun!! I've started to compile parts and rummage through my gun box. I was surprised to find just how much spare shyt I had already. So far we got: Aero Precision M4E1 upper and lower, Brigand 9" Blade (yeah I know), Ace ARFX stock (pulled from the PA10, PA10 will be getting a Magpul fixed rifle stock). Still to come: LaRue MBT-2S, PRI 6.8 mags, and an Armaspec SRS. I got a good bit of LC brass that'll need trimming and forming. I contacted the fella who sells the 358 kits and he says they should have more at the "end of winter". Now we wait. I'll keep ya'll posted. 

20190104_180745.thumb.jpg.9986766b6e60c244724ccd213deddc4b.jpg

I gotta say, these M4E1's are a great buy. Very nice set. Go Aero!

Not my pic:

14727453_230359494045053_668630306805461

Edited by Boot_Scraper

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

I contacted the fella who sells the 358 kits and he says they should have more at the "end of winter". Now we wait. I'll keep ya'll posted. 

I gotta say, these M4E1's are a great buy. Very nice set. Go Aero!

Lemme know - I'm sure it'll be posted.  I'm interested in this platform  - thanks to you...  :thefinger: :lmao:

Yes, the M4E1 sets are perfect - I love them.

15 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Says the man who caused me to build a Grendel.  Lol

:laffs:  All I did was say, "You wanna shoot this one, brother?... Just hold 3 mils on that target at 500, and you're there...  "  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V
Because editing makes basement dwellers FUCKING CRAZY!!!

16 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

You fqers doubled the cost of my last build:fullauto:?

No, we didn't.We helped you make one LIGHTASS BUILD, brother.  Ground Truth. I know it hurts, to hear that, but it is what it is...  :banana:

Remember...   YOU asked for that...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V
EDITED because YOU asked for that... LMFAO

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

No, we didn't.We helped you make one LIGHTASS BUILD, brother.  Ground Truth. I know it hurts, to hear that, but it is what it is...  :banana:

Remember...   YOU asked for that...  :laffs:

All good my friend!  You are correct, that thing would've been some kinda fuct up expensive ass PA10 half breed labradoodle without y'all's guidance. :lmao:  (I blame @washguy mostly) 

It's better this way! The Yeti will be no different. 

Edited by Boot_Scraper

19 minutes ago, dpete said:

We need to come up with a 358 Yeti group buy when the barrels and bolts come available

I'm in for that - is that how we get them available again?  I'm down with it.  :thumbup:

Cut a .308 Win case DOWN, then neck it UP to .358", and it fires from a 5.56-based gun?!!?  Fuk yeah, I'm in...  :banana:

This is a 300BLK on fucking steroids...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

26 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm in for that - is that how we get them available again?  I'm down with it.  :thumbup:

Cut a .308 Win case DOWN, then neck it UP to .358", and it fires from a 5.56-based gun?!!?  Fuk yeah, I'm in...  :banana:

This is a 300BLK on fucking steroids...   :lmao:

Thats for sure.  As if I need another rifle to swat deer at the 50 yards or less range we get shots at around here.  But it would still be fun and I have an almost unlimited supply of 308 cases to play with. 

I do believe you cut the 308 case DOWN just below the shoulder, then neck the now almost straight walled case DOWN to .358

Edited by dpete
Cuz I can and I learned to do it from the best

8 minutes ago, dpete said:

I do believe you cut the 308 case DOWN just below the shoulder, then neck the now almost straight walled case DOWN to .358

From what I've been able to find, you are exactly right.  And you fire this from a 5.56-based gun.  I'm all over this...   :laffs:  How the hell do we get a bolt strong enough, in a 5.56 gun, that will support a .308 case?!...  At this point, I don't care, I just want to build one, and make a Super 300BLK out of the damn thing...  :thumbup::hail:

500 Blackout is coming, too.  Just so you guys know.  It's a reality.  It's a done deal.  I'm just sayin'...