• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
ar-mountaineer

New here - total novice

A whole lot of options when it comes to charging handles. Pretty much comes down to preference. Me, I like the raptor handles. Once again. Just my preference. The Tacops handles are outstanding though.

15 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

A whole lot of options when it comes to charging handles. Pretty much comes down to preference. Me, I like the raptor handles. Once again. Just my preference. The Tacops handles are outstanding though.

I echo this sentiment, love my raptor as well. You would also be well served by the TacOps as well though.

12 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

I echo this sentiment, love my raptor as well. You would also be well served by the TacOps as well though.

I was reading the reviews of the tacOps 1 and it says that it’s not compatible with an LR308 DPMS Gen 2. How would I know if it would work with mine? I’m building a DPMS, so does that mean it won’t work.....how the heck do I know what Gen I’m building?

2 hours ago, ar-mountaineer said:

I was reading the reviews of the tacOps 1 and it says that it’s not compatible with an LR308 DPMS Gen 2. How would I know if it would work with mine? I’m building a DPMS, so does that mean it won’t work.....how the heck do I know what Gen I’m building?

There is not much aftermarket stuff for the G2 DPMS, and anything that is will likely be denoted as such somewhere within the product description. If it's not explicitly stated, assume it's for the 1st Gen LR-308.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, ar-mountaineer said:

So I’ve got to ask. What is your choice on charging handles?  I hope that’s not a taboo topic, haha. Again, I want to pick something that I only have to buy once.  

I was looking at this one 

tacOps 1

I must be one of the few that like a regular old plain and simple charging handle. I have never had any issues with them, so as long as it fits well in your upper, I say save the money and spend 20-25 bucks on something simple. but yeah it is preference. but I have never had a bad experience in the military or as a cop using the simplest charging handles there are.

Ive gone back to milspec CHs on most of my ARs. Raptor on the 308 and BCM on the SPR but those will probably go back to standard at some point.