• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2019

23 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Me!

www.CROMUSA.com should be going live soon. We designed the cartridge and we will be hosting a full layout dedicated to the cartridge. 

If you’re looking for similar performance, at subsonic, you can also research the .510 Whisper. The biggest difference between the two is the astronomical range of projectiles that the 500 Blackout covers. We are currently working on a 185gr supersonic projectile and an 1100gr subsonic projectile. 

CROM will hosting their own homegrown cartridge... the “Emergency 911gr” BTHP

dude, your rifles give me a hard on. They are the slickest looking "extra-large frame ARs" I have seen. Love the left side charging handle, the way the handguard matches up so perfectly, the ergonomics of the whole thing, and how you keep it at a reasonable size that makes it useful in real world combat applications. Idk what your barrel length is on the long one, but seems shorter than anything out there. 

Your design blows away Noreen, Alexander, DRD Tactical, and anything else that is out there in the .338... and then you went and designed a new subsonic cartridge. Wow. 

I can't wait to see more on the rifles and see what else you are gonna be offering. Do you take children for trade value?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @ARTrooper! That .338lm barrel is 22” and I swear by that length for combat application. You can get a little bit more from a 28” or 32” but you’re losing the ability to be a “Combat Rifle”. The CR-7 was not designed to kill paper or punish steel plates. It was designed to make the job of a combat marksman a LOT easier. I define this tool as an “extreme long range threat interdiction combat rifle” its a mouthful, but a weapon of this magnitude needs it. 

27 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Completely depends on their behavior - he has enough of his own wild-asses to corral...  :laffs:

Truth!

23 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Thanks @ARTrooper! That .338lm barrel is 22” and I swear by that length for combat application. You can get a little bit more from a 28” or 32” but you’re losing the ability to be a “Combat Rifle”. The CR-7 was not designed to kill paper or punish steel plates. It was designed to make the job of a combat marksman a LOT easier. I define this tool as an “extreme long range threat interdiction combat rifle” its a mouthful, but a weapon of this magnitude needs it. 

Truth!

Weight? come on man, stop teasing us and give us everything! 

Well I guess you wouldn't want my wild and crazy kids. how about IOUs? lol.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:47 PM, Robocop1051 said:

Me!

www.CROMUSA.com should be going live soon. We designed the cartridge and we will be hosting a full layout dedicated to the cartridge. 

If you’re looking for similar performance, at subsonic, you can also research the .510 Whisper. The biggest difference between the two is the astronomical range of projectiles that the 500 Blackout covers. We are currently working on a 185gr supersonic projectile and an 1100gr subsonic projectile. 

CROM will hosting their own homegrown cartridge... the “Emergency 911gr” BTHP

Think you owe a few of us a shot or somthing after we pretty much invented this round this fall ??

On 1/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, ARTrooper said:

where do you find caliber info on the 500 blackout? I wasn't able to locate anything after a couple minutes of searching

On 1/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, ARTrooper said:

dude, your rifles give me a hard on. They are the slickest looking "extra-large frame ARs" I have seen. Love the left side charging handle, the way the handguard matches up so perfectly, the ergonomics of the whole thing, and how you keep it at a reasonable size that makes it useful in real world combat applications. Idk what your barrel length is on the long one, but seems shorter than anything out there. 

Your design blows away Noreen, Alexander, DRD Tactical, and anything else that is out there in the .338... and then you went and designed a new subsonic cartridge. Wow. 

I can't wait to see more on the rifles and see what else you are gonna be offering. Do you take children for trade value?

There’s alil prospective, not the best but the rim is 17” it’s not overly huge 

24AD184A-3938-41AC-8F6E-0CA0FD089922.jpeg

10 minutes ago, sketch said:

after party takes time..

Damn, is THAT ever true.  Wow, can't say enough about this year, but it's pretty damn good so far.  Last night was an invite to a Faxon afterparty at a place called Las Vegas Gunfights.  We get down there, and it's a co-party with P80.  Needless to say, there were VERY interesting conversations, and hung out with some interesting people.  @MikedaddyH gets his wish, for sure - hung out with this guy for an hour, he DOES live very near me, and he's been wanting to get into distance shooting.  I assured him that he's in good hands, and we'll be shooting soon.

You will see him ^^^ at our future shoots, also.  :thumbup:

Hank Strange and American Gun Chic are completely awesome, too.  Hank stopped by the booth today and talked for awhile, and AGC was at the party last night as well as being at the booth today.  Rock on.

I got in yesterday morning and tracked down Rob as soon as I got parked.  I didn't even check into my own hotel last night - We stayed out, I missed check-in time, so I just slept with Rob.  No, really, I slept with Rob.  :lmao:

I had to FINALLY check in today, and the rest of the guys are out at another party or two - they had to decide which one to go to, and I think they were talking about going to both...  I know there will be stories about one of them, for sure.  

Last but not least - this guy is incredible!  One of the party invites for tonight came from him.  Not only is he cool as hell - his wife is WAY COOL!   Just great people...  :hail:

I can't believe I almost didn't mention this part - yesterday afternoon, we go by the Geissele booth, and Bill Geissele is giving an interview.  We wandered over to the Springfield Armory area and get HEAVILY distracted with the free draft beer.  I didn't think I was gonna get Rob away from there.  I say, "I wanna head back over to Geissele, and say Hi to Bill Geissele."  Rob and the guys are on the move, we go back.  Bill was talking to another worker, it's at the end of the day (close to 5pm), and we're waiting patiently.  Bill says to the other guy, "Hold on a minute, I want to say Hello to this guy..."  I took my cue, walked over gave him a firm handshake and said, "It's both a pleasure and an honor to shake your hand..."  His response shocked me - "I know you - I remember you.  How have you been?..."  I was floored.  I told him the last time I was at SHOT was 2014, and he says, " Yeah, it's been a few years..."  I was dumbfounded.  We talked for probably half an hour, well into the closed time for the day.

So, shaking hands with a true Patriot, that believes in what he does, and does it well - excellent.  An honor.  Finding out that he probably never forgets anyone?  Priceless...   :hail:

Most interesting new pistol (complete) that I've seen so far?  This, right here:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-emp-4-concealed-carry-contour-9mm/#PI9229F

PI9229F_WEB-1200x800.png

Most interesting pistol innovation I've seen so far?  This is ingenious, right here:

ZEV Technologies OZ9

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-Story

OZ-9_Panel_5.jpg

OZ-9_Panel_6.jpg

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Most interesting new pistol (complete) that I've seen so far?  This, right here:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-emp-4-concealed-carry-contour-9mm/#PI9229F

PI9229F_WEB-1200x800.png

Most interesting pistol innovation I've seen so far?  This is ingenious, right here:

ZEV Technologies OZ9

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-Story

OZ-9_Panel_5.jpg

OZ-9_Panel_6.jpg

Those new Nemo pistols look neat. Never heard of them prior to reading TFBs SHOT article, though.

59 minutes ago, DNP said:

image.png

Wouldn't own one myself but I know of two High Point 40's that have been beating around in a farm truck and a tractor tool box for 8+ years. Neither gets more than a few hundred rounds a year but neither has been cleaned short of what you can do with a shop rag without breaking them down, neither has ever failed. Reliability may not be their biggest issue.

14 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Wouldn't own one myself but I know of two High Point 40's that have been beating around in a farm truck and a tractor tool box for 8+ years. Neither gets more than a few hundred rounds a year but neither has been cleaned short of what you can do with a shop rag without breaking them down, neither has ever failed. Reliability may not be their biggest issue.

I’ve got two friends that each have one and same, they’re still ugly tho lol