• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2019

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the lgs one day and an elderly man walked in a says he wants to sell his hipoint... lgs said ill give you what cash i have in my wallet. $30 sold,  i said you paid to much. he said it works and i dont have to baby it... it rides under the seat of his truck. 

SMOKED today!  At least 10 miles of walking all over the place.  Had a GREAT conversation over at Alexander Arms, about 6.5 Grendel ballistics, and what I'm getting.  I'll have a 10.5" Grendel in my hands soon so I can go to work on it on the distance range.  Followed that up this afternoon at Primary Arms, again talking Grendel information.  I have another meeting tomorrow with the gentleman that writes all their manuals for the specific scopes.  I thought tomorrow was gonna be a lax day, just roam around and score some last-minute deals.  Nope, gonna be another slammed-ass busy day.  Good things will come of this, though.  There are several people that have requested contact next week, once they're back at their work locations, all over the place, so it's only going to keep ramping up. 

I have some REALLY COOL SHIIT to announce from Faxon Firearms.  You know those 5.56 Pencil barrels?  They do a 14.5" and a 16" - I did the 16" on my lightweight, because I didn't want to mess around with pinning and welding it.  Well, they're now making a 16" that has the "muzzle device" machined right into the barrel, as one solid piece.  You can have a skinny brake, or you can have a skinny A2 FH on there - it's basically the 14.5" with the muzzle device machined right in there as part of the barrel, getting it just over 16".  Bitchin'!!!

These were literally the first 2 off the machine, last week, last minute before the show.  They'll be ready around the end of Feb or beginning of March, MSRP $259.  Not even on the website yet.

1750643556_FaxonPencils.thumb.jpg.5e745dd567fe66fe94fb6ac4689f08a3.jpg

YES!!!  

When the floodgates opened directly at 0830 Wednesday morning, he came STRAIGHT bee-line for the booth!!!  He was there for 30 minutes, taking MAD notes and pics.  He even NAILED the name!!!   ZERO DARK FIFTY.  :hail:

Other developments, products, and announcements:

1.  Primary Arms has a scope with a dedicated Grendel BDC reticle in it, and it is badass, with holds to 1k yards.  Primary Arms has LOTS of developments, with new scopes in a Gold Line, Silver Line, etc.  Even the mini red dots have new reticles, some having BDCs built in.  I told them about the mini red dot I put on the 45-70 - in 2015.  They liked that it was not dead yet, at 800+ rounds.  They also have a 6.5 Creedmoor-specific reticle in a few scopes - and I'll be working those over on the .260 Rem.  One of the 6.5C scopes is a REALLY NICE 3~18x scope.

2.  Ballistic Advantage is making a Grendel 16" Mk12 profile barrel, 1:8" twist, midlength gas system.  It's identical in profile to their current Mk12 barrels, will accept all Allen Engineering collars and brakes, and suppressors (OPS INC 12th, etc., legacy cans).  Their Mk12 barrels are great in 5.56 and in Grendel.  Ask me how I know about those two... 

3. PRI has a carbon fiber rail out that's Octagon shaped, M-LOK compatible.  They have a complete top rail for it.  I feel a Mk12 Mod H coming my way, in Grendel, with that BA barrel listed above. This will become a reality sooner than I hope, I feel it already.

4. Alexander Arms has a 10.5" Grendel barrel.  I will be testing this at distance, and I bet I can get MOA from it at 700 yards.  I already made that bet with them.  Right now, it's a complete upper, barrel not available separately yet. I will confirm this with them next week, for sure, on availability.  I will try to see if the barrel can be purchased separately. 

There's so much more, it's not even funny.  I'll post it as I go through the information I brought back.

EDIT!!!

5.  Primary Arms has developed a scope mount system that kicks absolute ass.  They were taking grief from customers over their own (previous version)  scope mounts, because most customers have no way of measuring 15in/lb, don't know what that feels like, and would strip the hell out of them.  The bases (to Pic Rail on the receiver) are 3-bolt, and you'll never strip them.  They reinforced the ring mounts, and you can't fuk that up, either.  Toss in another dimension to this - THEY. LOOK. GREAT!!!  MSRP will be $69.  The new mounts are badass. 

6. HoloSun made a pistol MRD that has the Trijicon footprint.  It's the HoloSun 507C.  For pistol guys that know, this just tipped the scales.  BIGTIME.  It's so backordered right now it's not even funny.  You hit the HoloSun website, and it's just gonna tell you that it's not available.  Oh, it's available - it's just incredibly backordered, like 3 months, and they shut the orders off... 

Edited by 98Z5V

image.thumb.png.68e94b8da6bbf6cfbd6916b6b2772601.png

2019 is going to be a big year.  

In 2019 we’re bringing our customers an all-new scope line that combines some of the most technologically advanced features on the market today with the kind of value Primary Arms is known for.

Our experienced design and engineering team based in Houston, Texas pulled out all the stops for this all-new scope line. Real-world shooting priorities dominated their design process. We overcame tough challenges to answer the hard questions. The result is a technologically superior line of optics that will impress even the harshest critics.

image.thumb.png.18a743d74c08dbf158793a763a6c094d.png

INTRODUCING PRIMARY ARMS GLx SCOPES

No edge distortion. No chromatic aberration.
We worked with our suppliers to source superior quality glass tthat helps to eliminate these common issues. GLx series scopes feature a flat, crisp field of view from edge to edge.

A fast, forgiving sight picture.
Our engineers made eyebox considerations a major optical design priority for the GLx line, creating immediate and seamless access to the sight picture even at high magnification.

Enormous field of view.
GLx series scopes utilize efficient mechanical and optical design, extending the image to the very edge of the scope body to nearly eliminate this common annoyance.

Designed to extend your battery life.
Our new AutoLive technology turns reticle illumination off after three minutes of no motion. As soon as the GLx scope senses motion, it instantly turns itself back on to the previous illumination level.
A customizable magnification ring.
GLx series scopes feature replaceable, customizable power ring fins and optional mag levers for quick magnification changes even with wet hands or when wearing thick gloves.

image.thumb.png.671b0bd1e53d0faeefe720df6a5759a2.png

Low-profile turrets packed with features.
Our engineers replaced the traditional brass turret internals with stainless steel and used hardened steel for the click mechanism. This creates superior turret tracking and gives you the assurance that your clicks will never wear out over a lifetime of use. GLx series scopes feature the all-new, patent pending Zlock auto locking system, and the easy to set Zstop return-to-zero elevation knob. Low profile with an intuitive push button interface, and 100 audible and tactile clicks per revolution. You’ll find them easy to reset, even while wearing gloves. And rotation indicators, yes, we added those as well. GLx scopes give you the most feature-packed turrets on the market.

image.thumb.png.4f23cb740f257a1db1551f3d764f3c33.png

Why are we calling them GLx? We’re glad you asked…
Primary Arms has grown tremendously since our early days of selling red dot sights on online forums. With so many exciting new scopes planned for release in 2019, we wanted a better way to help you to decide which optic is best for you. So, we’ve created a new product tier system to classify our scope lines into four categories: PLx, GLx, SLx, and CLx. The first number or letter following that prefix refers to the zoom ratio of the scope—for example, the new GLx4 scope has a maximum magnification that is four times greater than its minimum magnification. Fixed magnification products have zero zoom magnification, so they’re titled with a Z instead of a number, like the new SLxZ-25 red dot sight. The new tier system makes sorting through our rapidly expanding variety of products easier than ever. Want to know more?

image.thumb.png.8a3f78aebe47c9f3096f64fe217ada4b.png

The Platinum Series are our flagship scopes manufactured and assembled in Japan with superior glass clarity and the best materials available. Advanced yet intuitive scope body features maximize the capability of the latest ACSS reticles found inside. Our PLx line stands toe-to-toe with any other leading low power variable and precision rifle scopes on the market.

image.thumb.png.3b41314f5aa708166004bc1262f627bb.png

Our all-new Gold Series, engineered in Houston, Texas are constructed in the Philippines to our engineers’ exacting standards. Packed with the latest technology and upgraded materials, GLx scopes provide elegant, intuitive solutions to classic challenges that every precision shooter must face. GLx scopes also position Primary Arms Optics in a whole new price point in the market, allowing us to give you the best in technology and quality while outclassing the competition in terms value for your dollar.

image.thumb.png.4c6d0fcf2e81d249d6ca1497d480d642.png

The Silver Series optics are the heart of our lineup. These are the trusted optics that have built our reputation through the years. Although many SLx optics will be familiar to Primary Arms fans, we are always pushing forward with new generations, adding even more options in response to the demands of our loyal customers.

image.thumb.png.87a9c45d816a4c9390e627b1fafdc9bd.png

Classic Series proves that entry-level optics don’t have to compromise on quality. Not even a little. Unlike some other brands, we don’t use the word “value” as a euphemism for “junk”. CLx scopes are perfect for the budget conscious or for new shooters. We take the time to inspect every product in our facility here in Houston to ensure you are receiving the best quality product. Just like every other optic we sell. Don’t let CLx’s position in the tier system fool you, these are tough scopes and they’re backed by the same excellent customer service and support you’ve come to expect and love from Primary Arms.

We couldn’t be more excited for what’s in store in 2019. We’ve got even more to share with you, too. For a complete look at all our new products releasing this year, check out our Primary Arms Blog or our new 2019 product catalog

With so much to look forward to, we want you to know that we never lose sight of why we continue to do what we do. We love our customers. You are the reason we drive to innovate. To bring you more of what you love at the best possible value and take care of you at every step of the way with outstanding service and support. Thank you for continuing to choose Primary Arms.

See the funky silver buttons on this one?

image.png.36014a1f8819465e8ed92b08f3864abd.png

Well, those serve a pretty damn cool function.  Those dials are zero stop - and they STOP on the zero stop that you set them to - just like other zero-stop dials on other scopes.  However, there are really times that you need to dial down below a zero-stop on your scope.  You push that button, and you can go 5 (five) clicks BELOW your zero stop...   Pretty damn smart, right there...   :thumbup:

wow what a great time you must be having would love to talk to Sawman about those scopes for hunting in these mountains great concept so 98 in your travels there who makes the reciever set that I could use to build a 6.5/284 would have to be a long action I do not care if it is side charge or whatever... I have a real urge to build this in a semi auto top of the line suppressed Magwa model lol hope you are having a great time.....

1 hour ago, EugeneStoner said:

As you can see from these pics this can be remedied with customization or buying a Hi-Point with the $100 bill factory finish.  The gold bejeweled customized Hi-Point pistol is fit for a king.

customized_hipoint_pistol.jpeg

customized_hipoint_pistol.jpg

customized_hipoint_pistol_3.jpg

side_point.jpg

You have a pretty nice collection. Bet you get all the 1911 collectors wet.

11 minutes ago, JF89 said:

You have a pretty nice collection. Bet you get all the 1911 collectors wet.

:laffs:Stole the pics from the thread below...they have a few other dandies in addition to these.  The guy muzzling his leg to take the pic cracks me up.  TBH I kind of like Hi-Point carbines and their price but have about a million higher priority items to buy first.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/show-your-hi-points-uglier-the-better.266129/

Edited by EugeneStoner

3 hours ago, Magwa said:

wow what a great time you must be having would love to talk to Sawman about those scopes for hunting in these mountains great concept so 98 in your travels there who makes the reciever set that I could use to build a 6.5/284 would have to be a long action I do not care if it is side charge or whatever... I have a real urge to build this in a semi auto top of the line suppressed Magwa model lol hope you are having a great time.....

This is gonna get expensive, brother.  That 6.5/284 is just under the 30-06 in OAL, so you'll have to use receiver sets that could chamber a 30-06.  There's no way that anything in the .308AR platform will get it done - the receivers just aren't long enough.  One option would be the Noreen BN36, but you'd probably have to buy the whole rifle, then convert it.  There's tons of info out there on those things going back to the factory, too.  I don't think they've got it completely figured out yet.

I know a company that COULD figure it all out, though.  CROM.  They have so much on their plate right now, though...  

@Robocop1051, that would be the FOURTH receiver set to nug out.  + recoil system...   :thumbup:  You up for it, brother?  :banana:

(psssst....   I have the recoil system figured out already...   )

Edited by 98Z5V

Sprinco.  Damn, did we spend over an hour at Sprinco.  The guy at the booth was KILLIN' US!!!  Once he (quickly) figured out the amount of smartass contained in each of us, he cut loose - it was back and forth bullshiit for over an hour. :box1::bitchslap: My sides hurt from laughing so much.  Insult after insult, flying everywhere.:thefinger: :bat: It was a riot.  :lmao::laffs:

So, anyway - Sprinco is building and selling "adjustable buffer kits."  Buffer bodies that you easily take apart, with a combination of weights (tungsten and steel) and all the buffer guts. You figure out what weight buffer your rifle needs, and it's all in the plastic box.  I saw 4 kits/sizes out there: 2.500" buffer bodies, 3.250", 4.000" (VLTOR A5 buffers), and 5.900" (AR15 rifle).  I'm sure they're doing the 5.200" (308AR rifle), but I just didn't see it sitting out there.

Pretty cool news.