• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SHOT Show 2019

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ARTrooper said:

how well do you think that would work with a .260 rem that has a 16 inch barrel?

There's not much velocity loss in the .260 and 6.5C, per inch of barrel, so it won't impact it much.  If anything, you might be a little off at 800~1,000, but it's a .260, with a little teeny bit more velocity than the 6.5C in the first place.   I'll find out next week what barrel length and load they used to write the user's manual.  I'll bet I can get a copy of the manual, if they've already got it written.  I know once the scope is released, I have to test it on my .260, and get the zero information back to them.  I might try to get one early, get the info to them, and get it included in the manual.  I'll pitch that next week, bet it flies.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

haha. awesome brother. sounds great, I have had my eye on one of their first focal point scopes for a while, just got to finish the darn rifle. lol

Wait for that Creedmoor-specific scope to drop, because it's a BDC scope.  No dialing, no remembering holdovers.  Select the range, BAM.  Done.  :thumbup:

On 1/25/2019 at 11:48 PM, 98Z5V said:

2.  Ballistic Advantage is making a Grendel 16" Mk12 profile barrel, 1:8" twist, midlength gas system.  It's identical in profile to their current Mk12 barrels, will accept all Allen Engineering collars and brakes, and suppressors (OPS INC 12th, etc., legacy cans).  Their Mk12 barrels are great in 5.56 and in Grendel.  Ask me how I know about those two... 

This barrel is on the way to me.  I'll probably have it in-hand before they make the product announcement, and before it's on the website.  :thumbup:

On 1/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, 98Z5V said:

I've hinted to you that this was coming...  

And I thought you were dreaming about something that was "technically possible" but not really feasible. I didn't realize you were tag teaming this.

Holy crap!

1 minute ago, RobPLSCA said:

And I thought you were dreaming about something that was "technically possible" but not really feasible. I didn't realize you were tag teaming this.

Holy crap!

I'm just the enabler that keeps Rob going...   :banana:  It's real, has been for a minute, and it went down with HUGE success so far, as far as reception goes.  People are going nuts over it.  There's a pretty big thread on Full30 about it - and we derailed that shiit in typical .308AR.com fashion...   :laffs:

SQUIRREL!!!  :lmao:

https://forum.full30.com/t/shot-2019-condition-red-s-zero-dark-fifty-a-10lb-ar-firing-subsonic-50-bmg-bullets/9618

HINT, HINT!  HINT, HINT!!!  @Robocop1051 can transfer a ZERO DARK FIFTY to my Gun Pusher for the Spring Shoot, and @Matt.Cross and I can shoot the SHIIT out of it, with JB Matt, get TONS of video, and we can invite Craig Sawman Sawyer up for the Spring Shoot, too.  TONS of VIDEO.  METRIC SHIIT TONS.

We can work this thing out, and get what the People want.  It would be GREAT if Rob actually brought the rifle down, for the Spring Shoot.

Can you smell what I'm spreadin'?...

19 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Holy crap!

I'm telling you this - it would NOT be possible, if Rob hadn't figured out a real, no-shiit, .338 Lapua Magnum AR piston-gas gun that actually works.  WORKS.  Two other manufacturers have tried it, an no others have tried beyond that (***footnote***).  Without that platform, the 500 Blackout through an AR platform would not work...  

***I need to get my hands on this, to T&E.  I might have a way to do that.

http://www.alexanderarms.com/products/ulfberht

Edited by 98Z5V

37 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You'll be roped into that stuff this year.

I hope I can fit it into my schedule. Sounds like you all have a good time. I'd like to bring my friend's daughter Isabelle (AKA Izzy) along (had little sister Marin at the range yesterday). She has shot with @DNP and I believe gets his seal of approval. She has been shooting with me for 2 years, and is damn good. As my brother says "The boys don't want to piss her off... She could shoot off your left nut, and leave the right one hanging there." Any chance she can learn from better shooters is welcome. The 6.5 Creedmoor build is partly for her to shoot. Her first time on a bolt action rifle, she rang steel (12" diameter I think) repeatedly at 500 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Her comment was "I want one of these!" 

Edited by RobPLSCA
Add

14 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Her first time on a bolt action rifle, she rang steel (12" diameter I think) repeatedly at 500 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Her comment was "I want one of these!" 

Anyone you want to bring is more than welcome.  I corrupted a friend at work, and brought him out, with family.  His daughter is a Sniper, she just doesn't realize it yet.  She was shooting everything out there on the Mk12 Mod 1, then the 18" Heavy Grendel, then the .260 - like a ninja.  She couldn't miss, which fired her up even more.  My buddy's wife says, "You don't care if you shoot at all - you're more happy about teaching people..."  That shiit is truth, right there.  That comment made me smile. 

Once you bring them out here, there's a whole lot MORE they'll shoot, and say "I want that one, TOO!!!..."  

We need more of that, in the future generations, and I'm all about it...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

My buddy's wife says, "You don't care if you shoot at all - you're more happy about teaching people..."  That shiit is truth, right there.  That comment made me smile. 

TRUTH! Some of my favorite range trips are the ones that I don't send a round. Seeing the grin on a youngsters face when they start connecting with that steel is priceless. When the grand-kids start competing on their own for best group of the day I know I got them. :thumbup: