• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weather

shepp

Watch out folks they were forecasting possible snow showers and 36*F.  I haven't seen any snowflakes (real ones) but we do have a couple of snowbirds from Ohio here for the winter. I just saw my neighbor drive by pulling his boat, he has been out running his trotlines, caught a 32# blue catfish.

I think I'll be warm enough today in a tee shirt and my bib overalls, high around 55 degrees American, South wind of 10 MPH.

Edited by mrmackc

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

It's not cold out - that's called "Global Warming..."   :thumbup:

globalwarming_vodka_500.jpg

Used to have an ad for “ice hole” vodka in my ice shack. It was two guys on a frozen lake sitting on buckets fishing one guys saying to the other “is bob coming out?” The other reply’s “nah his wife let’s him drink at home” 

Don’t get me started on the science of it, climate change is real. Any time you pump billions of gallons of melted ice into the oceans, you are going to get a rebound effect in parts of the globe. Central North America and Eurasia could end up being colder, as well as northern europe because of the slowing of the north atlantic heat pump. The gulf stream, and a few other currents. Its real and it is too late to do much about it. Wait until the starvation migrations start. And I am not joking. Probably by 2050. Enough doom and gloom. How about those Patriots?:soap:

34 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Don’t get me started on the science of it, climate change is real. Any time you pump billions of gallons of melted ice into the oceans, you are going to get a rebound effect in parts of the globe. Central North America and Eurasia could end up being colder, as well as northern europe because of the slowing of the north atlantic heat pump. The gulf stream, and a few other currents. Its real and it is too late to do much about it. Wait until the starvation migrations start. And I am not joking. Probably by 2050. Enough doom and gloom. How about those Patriots?:soap:

I’m all for not dumping shit into the environment, I also believe we don’t know enough about the changes the planet has gone thru. It don’t matter tho cuz a meteor the side a football field could hit us next week and most the population could die. 

Did you know the mongols killed so many humans it affected the carbon footprint of civilization ?? 

6 hours ago, shepp said:

I’m all for not dumping poop into the environment, I also believe we don’t know enough about the changes the planet has gone thru. It don’t matter tho cuz a meteor the side a football field could hit us next week and most the population could die. 

Yep! No doubt the climate changes, pretty obvious since we have went from fireball to ice ball in the past, the past before humans......

The wolf criers give way to much credit to human impact, still haven't seen convincing science that it is on us if it warms up a bit. They throw out little blurbs about things we do that warm the earth but ignore the fact that there have been single volcanic eruptions that put more greenhouse gasses into the environment than all of mankind. I say ban volcanic eruptions before you trash the economy chasing your tail in hopes of feeling good about yourselves. Remember the cry's of a coming ice age, remember the hole in the ozone? All bullshart!

16 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Yep! No doubt the climate changes, pretty obvious since we have went from fireball to ice ball in the past, the past before humans......

The wolf criers give way to much credit to human impact, still haven't seen convincing science that it is on us if it warms up a bit. They throw out little blurbs about things we do that warm the earth but ignore the fact that there have been single volcanic eruptions that put more greenhouse gasses into the environment than all of mankind. I say ban volcanic eruptions before you trash the economy chasing your tail in hopes of feeling good about yourselves. Remember the cry's of a coming ice age, remember the hole in the ozone? All bullshart!

Also heard a stat about how the 16 or so tankers that transport oil across the oceans spew out more that ever single vehicle on the planet combined, why aren’t we cleaning those fucking things up

Edited by shepp