• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weather

shepp

I’m not smart enough to firmly ague it, nor am I to stubborn to not listen that’s just foolish. Nor do I think everyone going out and buying electric cars and this and that will solve anything. The only thing you can do is try being the best human you can and not be a wasteful prick about it. 

With that said its so much better today with out the wind, still colder than a nuns cunt but it’s not cutting thru you like a knife atleast. From a friend I saw it was 73 in Az right now that’s sounds glorious but like I told him that’s weather for weak people. I’ll take a few days of negative temps over weeks or months of 110+ 

Edited by shepp

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

today it is only -7. I spent about 15 minutes outside in short sleeves and didn't even get cold. lol. 

I was on a roof most the afternoon it was fine till the sun went in the clouds but I was able to work with out gloves today which was nice 

11 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

It was always hard to work with gloves on. The scuba gloves helped but they aren't durable. Roofs suk

I know I hate gloves if I do wear them I like them skin tight those don’t work in the cold, today I was wearing my mittens that flip into fingerless 

7 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I am glad I only had long johns and a fleece coat on at work today. got into a little tussle with a guy at a bar. had to put him in a bent arm bar with my knee on his chest. haven't had to use that technique since I was in the military. lol.

Good work!  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Good work!  :thumbup:

not gonna mention it to a supervisor, it isn't something my agency trains. they don't like choke holds and armbars. we always just call it a "dynamic application of a trained technique."

one of the deputies told me he had a nice bruise on his upper arm from the times he acted up and I had to torque it, just creating that much pressure on his upper arm. lol. big guy too. over 6'3 and well over 250, maybe even over 300. if EMS and a deputy wasn't on scene trying to hold him down, he probably would of gotten several good strikes too.

Just goes to show you, even if you haven't used something for 8 years, never stop training on those skills. ?

14 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

not gonna mention it to a supervisor, it isn't something my agency trains. they don't like choke holds and armbars. we always just call it a "dynamic application of a trained technique."

one of the deputies told me he had a nice bruise on his upper arm from the times he acted up and I had to torque it, just creating that much pressure on his upper arm. lol. big guy too. over 6'3 and well over 250, maybe even over 300. if EMS and a deputy wasn't on scene trying to hold him down, he probably would of gotten several good strikes too.

Just goes to show you, even if you haven't used something for 8 years, never stop training on those skills. ?

Leverage is a great tool 

You always hope they don’t know, or are too drunk to remember good counters. But the guys who have trained that much usually aren’t the ones to start stuff. When I bounced, I got into it with a self styled “karate expert” He threw a kick at my head, I trapped his leg, slid in close and grabbed his crotch and squeezed as hard as I could. Never knew a guy could scream like a woman.

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

You always hope they don’t know, or are too drunk to remember good counters. But the guys who have trained that much usually aren’t the ones to start stuff. When I bounced, I got into it with a self styled “karate expert” He threw a kick at my head, I trapped his leg, slid in close and grabbed his crotch and squeezed as hard as I could. Never knew a guy could scream like a woman.

In highschool I worked at a bowling alley, think I was 17 a fight broke out in the bar being one of the bigger people I jumped in, dude telegraphed a haymaker, I went into DE football mode, I could hear my coach “rip, wrap, grab cloth” I ducted his swing picked him up off the ground and planted his ass in the floor, it pretty much ended everything. I was always the one breaking up bar fights in my 20’s too a good friend of mine was a state champ Wrestler we had some fun!!!

1° never felt so good this morning, 20 at lunch was even better!!! I’m wore out it was a long week ? boys

11 minutes ago, shepp said:

In highschool I worked at a bowling alley, think I was 17 a fight broke out in the bar being one of the bigger people I jumped in, dude telegraphed a haymaker, I went into DE football mode, I could hear my coach “rip, wrap, grab cloth” I ducted his swing picked him up off the ground and planted his ass in the floor, it pretty much ended everything. I was always the one breaking up bar fights in my 20’s too a good friend of mine was a state champ Wrestler we had some fun!!!

1° never felt so good this morning, 20 at lunch was even better!!! I’m wore out it was a long week ? boys

Bitter cold saps you man, always felt it as a dull ache in my bones, even when I was young. Glad it has mellowed a bit for you and trooper.

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Worse part of working in the cold was the drive home. Trying to stay awake was tough. Windows open ,smackin myself in the face.

Right!!! It sucks the life outta you, never the drive home I don’t think but as soon as all the gear comes off and I warm up a bit in the house ???

47 minutes ago, shepp said:

Right!!! It sucks the life outta you, never the drive home I don’t think but as soon as all the gear comes off and I warm up a bit in the house ???

I can only imagine that it takes awhile, to gear-down...   like this?...   :laffs:

c119f75ca381ba92e836f663cfe05f0c.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

43e98bf54803b131ba5fa78a7ad1c296.jpg

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

43e98bf54803b131ba5fa78a7ad1c296.jpg

This!!! Lol 

carhart bibs and coat, lacrosse 1000 gram thinsolate knee boots, gloves, baklava, stocking cap and fly atv goggles. Under my normal winter work uniform tee, long sleeve thermal, red kap auto tech pants and first lite merino wool socks (game changer). 

FD1547E6-736A-4F5A-AD47-BCE54D99D943.jpeg