• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

American Gun Chic and the CROM CR-7 .500 Blackout

Robocop1051

The 300WM is 1/4 inch longer than a 30–06 cartridge.  That is about 1/2 inch shorter than a 338LM cartridge. You can’t use a 30–06 In a 300WM  double stack  mag for the same reasons that you can’t use a 223 in a 308  double stack mag. 

As for using the AICS mags, they are way too expensive unless you’re using single stack mags. I would also have to completely change my magazine release to accommodate the magazine.

if we get further invested into injection molding, maybe we’ll see something come out of our shop. I’d love to see a 30-06 or 270 option. 

15 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

MagPul makes the Long Action magazine for the bolt guns, in 5 and 10-round.  That'll hold the 30-06.  It's AICS-patterned, but there's no reason you couldn't use it in a semi, if you're building the lower.  I'm just sayin'...  :thumbup:

what he said...that is all i would need is a 270- 30-06 mag for 6.5 284 all it is is a long 308 but you loose a lot of versitality if you run just a plain old 284 lenght bullet the whole idea is to take advantage of the new long wind bucking bullets... if it turns out for me to be to expensive to build a semi auto which would be a bummer then I will build a chassis bolt gun based on a ruger 270 M77 thumb safety... but I want a semi.....

22 hours ago, DNP said:

His 338 will do that. 

yes it will but at 3 times the recoil and 5 times the cost to reload ,I have seen only a couple of 338's at the shoots here almost everyone is shooting 6.5 284 or some variation thereof....and that is out to 1300 yards......

8 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

The 300WM is 1/4 inch longer than a 30–06 cartridge.  That is about 1/2 inch shorter than a 338LM cartridge.

I see, I have zero experience with 300 win mag. I thought it was the same length, just greater diameter. Noreen uses .30-06 mags made from billet aluminum I see.

And if someone is going to come up with a long action AR, I wanna see a .280 rem. ?

5 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

30-06 mags made from billet aluminum I see.

Did you see the price on those? $$$$

Before I started injection molding for my .338 mags, I was doing billet aluminum mags. Materials + machine time = about $250 each. Even for the price I am selling the rifles at, I could not afford to put more than one or two magazines in a rifle package.  The individual price was so high, I never expected to sell one on the side. Now, with injection molding, I’m planning to sell them for under $50 each 

• 4 months later...