• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Shooter813

My AR10T build

Seems like no one has been on here in some time, but I figured I'd put this up anyway. 

This is my 10T.

24" 1:10 barrel, rubberized grip, magpul PRS gen3 stock, american defense mount, vortex viper pst gen2 scope (5-25 EBR-2C reticle).

I sent the upper to Geoff Corn at national match armorers shop and he disassembled and inspected the chamber and barrel, lapped the barrel, indexed the barrel, recut the crown, threaded and installed the armalite tunable competition muzzle brake, and sealed the gas block and gas tube assembly. 

Sticking with the supplied match trigger for now. I built this to try and get out to 1k yards. It loves the 168 FGMM smk st shorter yardages, but I've since switched over to the FGMM 185 Berger juggernauts. So far I have been very happy with it.

20190107_191217.jpg

I love it, very sleek look,

whats the foregrip and barrel nut?

& I have that stock, haven't bought a buffer tube yet, any recommendations for one above another for any reason?

Nice rifle. I have an AR10T carbine 16” I am very happy with. It is too bad they DC’d them. Is yours an “A” or a “B” model? The magazine looks like its a “B”.

Edited by Sisco

2 hours ago, Robert@FULL30 said:

whats the foregrip and barrel nut?

Stock Armalite, came in black or green with later models having slots in them.

6 hours ago, Shooter813 said:

but I've since switched over to the FGMM 185 Berger juggernauts

Very curious how these will run, been stocking up on them when I see them.

Also curious about this sealing of the gas tube and block. Was there an issue? Seems unlikely there would be a gas issue with a rifle length gas on a 24 inch barrel. I have never experienced a tube or block that didn't seal themselves in short order, what exactly did he do to seal it? 

Is that the original factory barrel? Armalite triple lapped the barrels on the T series from the factory, are you noticing an accuracy increase?

Thanks guys. It is a "B" model

As far as buffer tubes go I may not be the best person on this site to ask. Some of the other guys may be able to give you more info. I just took off the factory stock and put it in place. 

Jtallen it is a factory barrel from my understanding talking with the guys at armalite. He said they made a handful of 24" models but that he thought when they did they had used kreiger barrels. 

I'm not sure exactly for the reason of sealing the gas tube/ block. In my limited research I hadn't seen or heard of anything about it prior to sending it out for the work, but that was who armalite recommended I send it to so I'm guessing he's been through a bunch of these. Due to my excessive work load lately I havent yet gotten back out to the range to get a feel for how it is now since the work was performed.  But I'm hoping to get out and spend a full day soon.

Good looking rifle, man - very well done.  That will smoke 1,000 yards easily.  :thumbup:  How much internal elevation adjustment does that scope have?  I'm pretty sure it's enough...

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Good looking rifle, man - very well done.  That will smoke 1,000 yards easily.  :thumbup:  How much internal elevation adjustment does that scope have?  I'm pretty sure it's enough...

same here.. scope that is!

Edited by sketch
good shits!