• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets See your 300 blackout pistols

washguy

On 2/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, washguy said:

ya think this will get the ol tinnitus going?..?

Yup, most definitely.  The flash can on the front will help some but these short 8" barrels and supersonic bullets are real boomers.  Subs with a suppressor are another story.  The shooter doesn't really know how loud the gun is because all you hear is the action slamming back and forth next to your ear.  Its a clack rather than a bang.  The best part is no one nearby even knows a gun went off.  They may hear something but its not like anything they would relate to a gunshot.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, dpete said:

The trouble is with subs you end up looking for a dead deer rather than tracking it.

I've been called many a time, from friends that were hunting...  "Can you come out here and help me track this deer down?..."  ...and I've done it.  Never been in a situation with them where I've not found that deer, too.

This crazy "intuition" that I have for that later led to some military training that I got involved in, which was the accreditation of a "tracking course."  @edgecrusher is probably the only other person here that I ever told about that...  What a badass curriculum that was... 

Whenever you guys need a downed critter tracked - I'm that guy.    :thumbup:

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, dpete said:

Subs don't produce hydrostatic shock or huge gaping exit wounds so not much or no blood to track. 

yeah I like hydrostatic shock to cause further damage to the vitals of the deer I shoot. most of the time I am shooting deer at around 150 yards and often times farther. the distances you are talking, I might as well just get a crossbow. lol. 

good to know that it can take deer at short range though.

Considering I use my bow stands for sub hunting a shot over 30 yards would be rare.  I wouldn't hesitate to stretch it to 50 if the right angle through the trees presented itself.  The 40 yarder this year was just that situation.  She walked past on my right side and went behind some trees and brush.  I kept watching her and put the gun up when she started walking broadside to me.  When her chest entered an opening between the branches I had the scope on her and pulled the trigger.  When subs hit deer sides they sound like someone wearing leather mitts slapping their hands together.  Thwack

Well  I lost my mojo a few days ago couldn't get the pivot pin detent seated...I even have a detent tool to get the job done...no matter what I couldn't manage this ar build 101 My mojo had left the building...so yesterday I was able to do the detent on 2 lowers easy peasy...mojo back...strange deal...been doing detents since 92..but when the mojo left I was stuck.....so heres my pistola.....Wash   

20190226_155034.jpg

20190225_201036.jpg

Edited by washguy

23 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I'm liking these pistol setups ?

Brother Rene   You need one.....Im thinkin of Friday if the weather is good ill go pop off some rounds with it...and see if this 45 dollar barrel is any good...what a great home defense weapon...:banana:   Wash

31 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I'm liking these pistol setups ?

5 minutes ago, washguy said:

Brother Rene   You need one....

This coming weekend, I'll dig out all the pistol setups for a Family Pic, just to let Rene see how much variation there can be.  I tried to count them in my mind.  I got lost at 5. There might be one more, I can't remember. 

Brother 98   where should I set the adjustable gas on the first trip out...I got it half closed.....the gas port looked pretty big...I got no idea how much the gas is affected on 8.5 barrel length....great thing bout a pistol the adjustment is real close to the muzzle....gonna use the Remington ammo that works so great in all my 300's...also got some subsonics....yippee:banana:   Wash

13 minutes ago, washguy said:

Brother 98   where should I set the adjustable gas on the first trip out...I got it half closed.....

Wide Open, like you ride a 2-stroke, brother.  Always start an adjustable gas block wide open.  Make sure it cycles.  What's your gas system on that 8.5?  Gotta be pistol gas, and the gas port diameter will be well north of 0.100" already. It has to be - don't fear it, just do it...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

Wide Open, like you ride a 2-stroke, brother.  Always start an adjustable gas block wide open.  Make sure it cycles.  What's your gas system on that 8.5?  Gotta be pistol gas, and the gas port diameter will be well north of 0.100" already. 

Gotcha  wide open at first...well crap as always...ive lost my effin mind...yes pistol and north of .100 ...thank you  :thumbup: Wash

It's simply amazing that I pulled that information straight out of my ass, considering this is what some people think about me...   :lmao:

Look, here's the plain honest truth. There are a lot of people on various forums that like to make a lot of noise and don't really know what they are talking about. Its often a lot to wade through and a lot of people will mislead you and be very confident in doing so. Maybe I'm one of those people. Maybe this 98z5v guy is one of those people.

I guess I just got lucky guessing that info, Jeff...   :thumbup::laffs:

Here's what the same guy thinks of me, and my findings on PSAs...   :lmao:

I'll tell you this much. Based on what I know and what I've seen on that site, there is a lot of noise but not a lot of solid information. This guys theory about the recoil buffer is pretty much just noise with a few minor tidbits of good info. It's off base and incorrect, and if a lot of misinformed people such as yourself put a lot of faith in his theory, well, so be it. Perhaps you'll be satisfied with his theory, perhaps you'll decide to do your own research and come to a different conclusion. Let me offer this: He offers absolutely no evidence that anything he is saying is correct. No measurements, no test results, nothing. He just says it in a big, loud way with a lot of cursing and posturing, and you automatically assume it to be so. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on a lot of other sites, and no one on any other site besides this guy suggests that the issue lies primarily and specifically with the buffer being 1.5oz. underweight. No one except him suggests that there actually is no overgassing issue. He is of course the only one with the truth, everybody else is just too stupid to agree with him.

If you buy that, well, have fun spreading that gospel.

Edited by 98Z5V

23 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Perhaps you'll be satisfied with his theory

These few words by this joker is the tell all.....98 doesn't have theory at all....it Real World Advice from actually doing and his experience with the problem at hand...he's been there done that....so that's where the noob went off the rails...he used theory  what a joke  :thumbup: Wash