• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sunday Funday, range time 10 Feb 19

98Z5V

Guest Belt Fed
55 minutes ago, Dane Armory said:

Tom on the slidefire 9mm while it’s still legal .. till Nancy ,Chuck and Diane ban them ! 20 rounds in  a 3 second video.

I have almost bought one of those a dozen times and each time I put it back. wish I had a bunch of em now NOT to turn in.

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Hold on to that for a minute - wait a minute...   I just saw this pic on the "Ultimate Upper" link on the LaRue site:

image.thumb.png.86e7f482c986f27f3f95eeaaf1a59db8.png

That's an Armalite cut at the back of that.  We need @edgecrusher to confirm this on his original OBR...  

That's not gonna work on the M5, brother.

(I have better news later, though)  :thumbup:

I noticed the cut but wasn't sure. I saw Aero combo w/Atlas R M5. I likey

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's where you'll get fucked...   :lmao:  Mount, too...   :banana:

You better get a good mount, with some MOA built into it - because the round will outpace the internal adjustments on most scopes out there...   :laffs:

so what you are saying is in another 2 years I will be able to afford a good mount and optic. lol.

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Recovered the Nissan tonight after work - Gun Pusher John saved me.  I had to go help him pack up the shop for the night first, though.  :laffs:

Took one of wheels/destroyed tires to work today, dropped it off at Big O Tires at lunch, picked it up after work.  I'll get a pic of the remaining destroyed (front) tire tomorrow.  It's gruesome.   :banana:

I just read this. That's BS...he owed you a desert rescue!

6 hours ago, Dane Armory said:

Tom on the slidefire 9mm while it’s still legal .. till Nancy ,Chuck and Diane ban them ! 20 rounds in  a 3 second video.

Lets keep the facts straight, that slide fire ban is all on Trump, his call, his people wrote the regulation after the NRA turned beely up like the lap dogs they are. He didn't even get something for it, just banned your legally purchased accessory and didn't even offer to buy it off you. Wonder what he will give away next, Fudds don't care about semi auto........

36 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

Started carrying 2 full size spares on the rig and 2 on the travel trailer, haven't needed one since...

That's about what I'm going to.  I have two fullsize 35" spares for the big truck, just because it does distance.  This trip totally screwed me in the little Nissan.  Maybe even one fullsize spare, plus the donut.  Sucks, but it is what it is, I guess.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes - drive in the desert, get multiple flat tires - even for the first time.

I'm going to all off-road 6-ply Load Range C minimum tires on that little heffer, at a minimum.  :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes - drive in the desert, get multiple flat tires - even for the first time.

I've never driven through the desert myself. Is this single sharp rocks that ruin the tire, or a combination of large sharp rocks that shred it?

I live on a rocky mountain, and did manage to rip a valve stem off a tractor tire (full of ballast no less); trying to get close to rocks. I don't mess around with that anymore, an expensive lesson for sure.

Edited by Lane
word

4 minutes ago, Lane said:

I've never driven through the desert myself. Is this single sharp rocks that ruin the tire, or a combination of large sharp rocks that shred it?

Same exact terrain I rip through all the time to put targets in, and recover them.  Never had a flat before, but this time got the right rear first, then the right front at the end of the day, picking up the target at 500.  The Super Nissan has never had a problem - but it got it's ass whooped this last trip. 

19 hours ago, Albroswift said:

Started carrying 2 full size spares on the rig and 2 on the travel trailer, haven't needed one since...

That's how it goes.  If you're prepared...you'll never need it. 

Those se rocks out there are tough. And everywhere. I don't know what's worse...changing tires or dragging those plates 800 yards on foot. 

5 hours ago, DNP said:

That's how it goes.  If you're prepared...you'll never need it. 

Those se rocks out there are tough. And everywhere. I don't know what's worse...changing tires or dragging those plates 800 yards on foot. 

I'll drive on rims instead of tying those plates to my back and walking them in...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V