• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LUBE JOB

Lonewolf McQuade

9 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Screenshot_20190217-224403.jpg

Reminds me of the time I mixed up my dog’s thyroid medication with my blood pressure pills. I had an impulse to lick my balls but I couldn’t reach them. Thank God they couldn’t find a cone big enough to fit around my neck!

I bought some Herter's magnificent stupendous case lube back in 1965 and it worked on stubborn 3006 cases fired in my M1 with the original barrel and it worked well in the full resizing  dies, it smelled like Texaco 140 wt. gear lube, so I started using 140 Wt. lube oil after running out of the $4 for 3 oz. Hearter's stuff. Worked as a good M1 & M14 lube on our DCM target rifles.  I got a free sample of Rat-A-Tat and it is good. and it also smells like 140Wt gear lube. I always have trusted my smeller to detect good stuff like Hoppe's #9, hickory smoked ribs, banana pudding and tuna tacos. I even like the smell of hot liver and onions, for what it is worth.

26 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I bought some Herter's magnificent stupendous case lube back in 1965 and it worked on stubborn 3006 cases fired in my M1 with the original barrel and it worked well in the full resizing  dies, it smelled like Texaco 140 wt. gear lube, so I started using 140 Wt. lube oil after running out of the $4 for 3 oz. Hearter's stuff. Worked as a good M1 & M14 lube on our DCM target rifles.  I got a free sample of Rat-A-Tat and it is good. and it also smells like 140Wt gear lube. I always have trusted my smeller to detect good stuff like Hoppe's #9, hickory smoked ribs, banana pudding and tuna tacos. I even like the smell of hot liver and onions, for what it is worth.

You had me at hickory smoked ribs.....

10 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

You had me at hickory smoked ribs.....

I reckon I am just a hopelessly set-in-my-ways old codger of the old, old school variety, what else would you expect from a old peacetime brown shoe  (actually the shoes were Cordovan in color) Marine?