• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I can finally contribute

SimonSays

5 hours ago, SimonSays said:

What can I do? I load 243 for her, 308 for me. Instead of that 6.5 C that caught my eye, why not a 260 Rem?  I have tons of brass I could use. So, I’ll get the LAR-8 up to speed, than that 260’s goin’ happen. 

We will talk about this - you'll love it.  I just converted this many pieces of .308 brass into .260 Rem, and it's getting loaded tomorrow night.  Then, more...  and more...  I have 1.5 weeks to be drowning in .260 Rem ammo, and it's ALL gonna get shot 15~17 March...

P1060971.JPG.3ef92dd7eda457e39886cc537e676d89.JPG

There's about 300 of them in there, already primed and ready to drop powder and projectile.

P1060972.thumb.JPG.4b3bb146b92222e63d835779a119e38b.JPG

You'll need one of these, but we'll get to that when the time comes, and discuss the "optional things" for it.  :thumbup:

P1060975.JPG.27b8089093f939ce32cafa6e6854b6a6.JPG

On 3/5/2019 at 12:22 PM, SimonSays said:

Until I discovered things that go BOOM, my most expensive hobby was Ham Radio.

I was pretty sure you had roots here. I have a similar background; only it was those other Hams that got me excited about things that go BOOM. When I first got my license I found a fun group of old guys on analog that loved to talk about politics and guns. They gave me quite an education about the local laws; and things to avoid in the real world. I had already begun stockpiling ammo, and this was during the great shortage of .22lr.  It was actually repeated TV news stories about 3D printed guns that made me look at building my own. I have no use for an actual 3D printed gun, but 80%s are a lot of fun. And really; who doesn't want to fling chunks of metal at supersonic speeds in their backyard?

Welcome from NY state!